Xiaomi MI6 will be hard to beat in the bang for buck stakes

1. malidan Lollipop Apr 19, 2017

malidan, Apr 19, 2017 :
    $360 for the base 6GB + 64GB version. That's less than what the OP3 cost and that was supposed to be the best bang per buck device.
    £120- £137 cheaper than the OP3T in the UK
    The game is really on and i can't see anyone touching them at this price, as the device is fully loaded.
    The thing is even cheaper than the Honor 8 the flagship killer, killer
    It's not a patch on the S8, but its a handsome device never the less.

[​IMG]
    Model Xiaomi Mi6 64GB Xiaomi Mi6 128GB/Ceramic
    Operating system MIUI 8.0 (Android 6.0) MIUI 8.0 (Android 6.0)
    Screen 5.15in full-HD, four-sided curved glass 5.15in full-HD, four-sided curved glass
    Processor 2.45GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 quad-core 2.45GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 quad-core
    Graphics Adreno 540 Adreno 540
    RAM 6GB LPDDR4 6GB LPDDR4
    Storage 64GB 128GB
    MicroSD support No No
    Fingerprint scanner Yes, under-glass Yes, under-glass
    Audio Dual speakers, USB-C audio Dual speakers, USB-C audio
    Wi-Fi 2x2 dual-band 2x2 dual-band
    Waterproof Splashproof Splashproof
    Rear camera 12Mp dual-camera, 2x optical zoom, 4-axis OIS 12Mp dual-camera, 2x optical zoom, 4-axis OIS
    Battery 3,350mAh non-removable 3,350mAh non-removable
    SIM cards Dual Nano-SIM Dual Nano-SIM
    Who will challenge them for price and specs. Your thoughts as always.

2. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Apr 19, 2017

dsmonteiro, Apr 19, 2017 :
    You do realize that's not the actual price outside of China, right?

3. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Apr 19, 2017

4. TheSpoken Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 19, 2017

TheSpoken, Apr 19, 2017 :
    Yup, there are catches to everything. You can get the Leeco with a snapdragon 821 chip for 200 dollars, but they haven't updated the phone since October.

Xiamoi will have a similar effect, especially for that price. Phones with powerful specs and that are cheaper are available, but if you don't mind barebone support, serious unoptimization, and no google apps, this is for you. I doubt anyone outside of China would want this.

5. malidan Lollipop Apr 19, 2017

malidan, Apr 19, 2017 :
    Support? Many would say as good as right here:p
    Lol Why are you posting Geeks?:rolleyes: I've seen the OP3T for $600 on alternative sites
    Why customs?( UK, OP;)) Your buying your phones from the wrong places:confused:
    When since has it been a big deal to get Gapps onto anything?;)
    This is the real world baby.:rolleyes:

6. jizang KitKat Apr 19, 2017

jizang, Apr 19, 2017 :
    actually le max 2 had an upgrade the other day but it's Chinese rom :)

malidan and pa5t1s like this.
  7. TheSpoken Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 19, 2017

But it is not Nougat, so I wouldn't be too impressed. And yup, its a Chinese rom with no Google support whatsoever and no roms nor root to support it. The Mi6 is a great deal but it will stay at its current version for the rest of its life period.

Oneplus at least updates their phones (well at least the 3t and 3) frequently (more than other companies), no comparison to the Mi6 at all which will probably only get a few occasional updates every 4 months.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017

8. jizang KitKat Apr 19, 2017

jizang, Apr 19, 2017 :
    Obviously these phones are not supposed to be consumed outside the target market. If you purchased it then it's your OWN fault and not the companies.

Jackhass, BLVCKGXD, pa5t1s and 3 others like this.
  9. TheSpoken Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 19, 2017

Well this is what the OP is suggesting, which is why I said what I said. Its a super great deal but the intention is to sell this in China. If you were to import it, you'll face a lot of issues. There are catches to everything.

pa5t1s and Vilfy like this.
  10. malidan Lollipop Apr 19, 2017

malidan, Apr 19, 2017 :
    Have you been on their forum?

Unoptimised? Please don't start all that again, you do know the 3gb MI5 beat up on the OP3 when it moved to Miui 8:)
    Your faith in OOS is badly mistaken and in that video the OP3 was seen reloading apps.
    I had this very discussion over the weekend, there is more support on certain Xiaomi devices than the OP3+T put together. You guys are just not realistic when it comes to your device. Way more people don't own one than do,so there is plenty going on elsewhere and this is going to be a very interesting year.

Xiaomi device are sold the world over and way more in a years than OP have sold to date, so yeah people want them.

11. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Apr 19, 2017

Feel free to post a site that is selling the phone for $360 without any added customs or taxes. I'll buy a couple right away.

12. jizang KitKat Apr 19, 2017

jizang, Apr 19, 2017 :
    since no one has mentioned it yet (or maybe they have in another thread) ... blah, blah, blah no 3.5 jack :D

13. TheSpoken Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 19, 2017

Exactly. And with no easy way to get google apps, there is certainly a chance of having a useless brick due to having Chinese bands, which I doubt will work with U.S and U.K carriers.

Pahapoika91 and whodatboi like this.
  14. malidan Lollipop Apr 19, 2017

malidan, Apr 19, 2017 :
    I'm sure you won't and when I find one at the price yii can rest assured I will post it as I always do:D
    Customs lol people are already paying that on their OP'S :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: in the UK

enea 54 likes this.
  15. david.eugeniu Gingerbread Apr 19, 2017

david.eugeniu, Apr 19, 2017 :
    There is a very easy way to get Google Apps, most of Chinese phones come with a App market, there you can download an app called Google Installer, launch the app and all Google services will be installed. But you won't be able to delete the App market that the phone came with and you need to keep the app Google Installer, also there will be a lot of Chinese apps that you won't be able to delete or even disable .

malidan likes this.
  16. malidan Lollipop Apr 19, 2017

17. TheSpoken Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 19, 2017

18. malidan Lollipop Apr 19, 2017

malidan, Apr 19, 2017 :
    They all bought BT headset after last years dropping of them:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

19. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Apr 19, 2017

I can assure that for $360 I'd buy one as soon as the Lineage OS came out. But you know as well as I do, that the phone will never be sold at that price. As for paying customs in the UK, again, you know as well as I do that isn't happening. The price you see is the price you pay. If you order a phone from abroad to the EU the likely scenario is that you'll pay an extra 20% over the price you originally paid. So that's USD577 which is around 544€ at the current exchange rate.

And while you say:
    I can assure my personal experience is quite different. A friend had his phone repaired in less than a week between creating the ticket and getting the phone back.

I do not dislike Xiaomi but until they are officially within the EU I will never buy a device from them.

Pahapoika91, Jackhass, youbi and 7 others like this.
  20. TheSpoken Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 19, 2017

This is a problem, along with bands not compatible with most carriers outside China. If it cannot function as the main purpose as a phone, there is no point in buying it.