worst customer service ever

1. Danielarr45 Cupcake Dec 28, 2017

Danielarr45, Dec 28, 2017 :
    Just purchased a OP5T and from the start the color red does not render. I've spent 2 days on e-mail and chat and was told recently that the color "red" not rendering is normal for the 5T. How can this be as "red" is a primary color for OP. I then asked for a replacement and the process got even worst. I was told i would need to send in my current 5T first, then in would need to be inspected, then if it meets the requirement, they would send me a replacement phone. The whole process would take up to 14 days, meaning I would be without a phone the entire time. I have never seen a phone manufacture make the customer be without a phone they just purchased. Normally a replacement phone is sent overnight, and then the defective device is shipped back to the manufacture for inspection. This was a replacement phone as my last phone died and I was without a phone for about 3 days. Now I'm being asked to be without a Phone for 2 weeks? ridiculous. No matter what we pay for a phone, customer service is critical and should be top notch.

Teis123 and ciarantryan like this.
  2. ciarantryan Cupcake Dec 29, 2017

ciarantryan, Dec 29, 2017 :
    I having a similar bad experience with OnePlus. My son opened the packaging on the 5T I bought him for Christmas and it has never worked. We never got past the WiFi stage of the setup. The phone continuously froze that rebooted and got stuck in a boot-loop. I have asked for an immediate replacement or a refund and was told No. I was told instead that the phone needed to be inspected and possibly repaired. And this inspection will be by a OnePlus agent company called Arvato. This is not how I had expected to spend my Christmas holidays!! So far I have interacted with 7 different OnePlus support people between online chat to level 2 support to RMA processing. Email replies take 24 hours. If I had bought a different brand phone in a store I would have a replacement in my hands within hours. Instead I am waiting weeks. Come in OnePlus, live up to your motto of NEVER SETTLE. So far my experience of your company makes your motto a complete joke. I should have been shipped a replacement immediately and returned the faulty phone.

3. Danielarr45 Cupcake Dec 29, 2017

Danielarr45, Dec 29, 2017 :
    Agree, they did reach out to me this morning and I need to ship my phone to their repair center and pay for the shipment. Agree, that OP customer service is all about settling. Not sure why they will not do the right thing and provide paying customers with a replacement device immediately while they sort out what went wrong with the defective device. Based on my experience, the phone I purchase was also a Christmas gift, I will not be recommending OP to any friends or family. Post sales support is paramount and part of the overall experience. Motto's like "Never Settle"are great, but they need to be lived by is they are going to mean anything.

4. Teis123 Donut Dec 31, 2017

Teis123, Dec 31, 2017 :
    Worst repair experience ever. I will be leaving OnePlus, I have been on board with this company and recommending to friends and family from the start. I can not "Settle" for lack of service for my warranty covered phone!