[Verified Bug] Workout tracking apps (runkeeper, polar beat, edmondo) closing down

1. Willie Hurx Froyo Feb 2, 2017

Willie Hurx, Feb 2, 2017 :
    Different run tracking apps are closing down automaticly.
    Since OS4.XX update this is happening with Runkeeper, Polar Beat, Edmondo. The app is closing even with all battery saving options disabled. On the 3.XX roms there was no problem. The time when it closes is random. Sometimes half an hour, sometimes 10 minutes. I did a clean install of the Nougat update and cleared cache. My phone is stock,no root and locked bootloader, but this bug make me want to downgrade to 3.xx

sevk, iamakidilam, phcahill and 6 others like this.
  2. G_Vispi_Edibam_bqlo Cupcake Feb 2, 2017

G_Vispi_Edibam_bqlo, Feb 2, 2017 :
    Same problem here. It was happening with the music app too but reinstalling the app helped. But Runkeeper just shuts down

3. iboj007 Gingerbread Feb 2, 2017

iboj007, Feb 2, 2017 :
    Posted my details in the other thread but this is a major issue with 3rd party apps that needs to be addressed by the OnePlus/Oxygen OS team. It's clearly an issue with the ROM.

Willie Hurx likes this.
  4. radnus_k Cupcake Feb 3, 2017

radnus_k, Feb 3, 2017 :
    this happens for many of the third party apps. my games and music apps crashes if i recieve any notification from social messaging app like whatsapp or hike.

5. G_Dudu_Maroja_kOZh Eclair Feb 3, 2017

6. G_Dudu_Maroja_kOZh Eclair Feb 3, 2017

7. Willie Hurx Froyo Feb 3, 2017

Willie Hurx, Feb 3, 2017 :

The Bug team from OP send me an mail with the question if I could sent them a log file from what happend at the moment when it happens. That not possible for me because with the workouts apps I find it out at the moment I stop my run. I can't reproduce it because I don't now when it is going to happen

8. iboj007 Gingerbread Feb 3, 2017

iboj007, Feb 3, 2017 :
    Can you send me the name of the person or their handle? I can try to replicate the bug and capture the report as it happens.

G_Dudu_Maroja_kOZh likes this.
  9. G_Dudu_Maroja_kOZh Eclair Feb 3, 2017

10. Crystal Z. Community team. Ex-bug hunter. Staff Member Feb 4, 2017

Crystal Z., Feb 4, 2017 :
    Hi, there

For whom can reproduce this issue, please help us get logs with the following directions:
    1. Input *#800# from dialing interface, enter "oneplus logkit", delete history log
    2. Click "advanced", choose "save log type", make sure that all options are selected (Kernel, Main, System, Radio, Event, Tcpdump), then click OK
    3. Click "save log"
    4. Make the issue reproduce and take a screenshot to record the time, then stay for a few minutes (better above ten minutes)
    5. Click “save log” again to stop it, then send us the whole oem_log folder (file manager-storage) along with the screenshots

And send the logs to bughunters@oneplus.net, with the apps' name and version.
    Thank you.

11. Crystal Z. Community team. Ex-bug hunter. Staff Member Feb 7, 2017

Crystal Z., Feb 7, 2017 :
    Haven't received any reply yet, can anyone provide the needed logs so that we can look further into it?:(

12. Willie Hurx Froyo Feb 7, 2017

Willie Hurx, Feb 7, 2017 :
    @iboj007 you perhaps?

13. G_Guillaume_LAURENS_gBVc Cupcake Feb 7, 2017

G_Guillaume_LAURENS_gBVc, Feb 7, 2017 :
    Hi, I get today the problem on my new OP3T, for my first run with the device, Endomondo stopped/killed while I am running after 10 minutes (so sad :) ... after running, when restarting endomondo, it said something like "something stopped the application while endomondo records your workout, ckeck powersaving options, ..."

I tried one time (in car) to reproduced it with logs activated in logkit, but not reproduced... will retry tomorrow ...

The only thing I changed since the first crash : in android parameters, applications, endomondo, autorisations, only "Position" was allowed... I allowed the others (stockage, contacts, and sensors)...
    Regards.

14. iboj007 Gingerbread Feb 7, 2017

iboj007, Feb 7, 2017 :
    I will try to capture a log based on their instructions tonight. Will keep you all posted.

Willie Hurx likes this.
  15. iboj007 Gingerbread Feb 7, 2017

iboj007, Feb 7, 2017 :
    I tried that as well and it made no difference. I know that the app crashes consistently when im at my gym so I will try to capture it tonight at the gym.

Willie Hurx likes this.
  16. G_Dudu_Maroja_kOZh Eclair Feb 8, 2017

G_Dudu_Maroja_kOZh, Feb 8, 2017 :
    the bug only occurs with the screen off

17. iboj007 Gingerbread Feb 8, 2017

Willie Hurx and llevin like this.
  18. Crystal Z. Community team. Ex-bug hunter. Staff Member Feb 8, 2017

Crystal Z., Feb 8, 2017 :
    Thank you so much.:)
    Logs have been received and forwarded to the dev team, engineers will look into it.
    Hope it can be fixed soon.

Have a nice day!

grk007, llevin and iboj007 like this.
  19. llevin Eclair Feb 8, 2017

grk007 and iboj007 like this.
  20. G_Guillaume_LAURENS_gBVc Cupcake Feb 8, 2017

G_Guillaume_LAURENS_gBVc, Feb 8, 2017 :
    Nice news !

In addition, I have a question that can be linked : while upgrading to Android 7.0, at the end the phone was powered off, and I had to manualy start it.... Is it normal or something was wrong while upgrading ???? (because I remember on my previews phone, Nexus 4, at the end of an upgrade, the phone already restart...)