Will you buy Oneplus phones in the future if your 3t is treated like the 2?

1. jspeer Froyo May 18, 2017

jspeer, May 18, 2017 :
    I just remember the good old days when the One was rolling out.

Where marketing wasn't a thing and the company actually cared. The idea was to create a top of the line phone and make it cheap since they weren't investing in advertising etc. That was what brought my attention to One Plus.

When the invite system was to even out demand versus production. Waited 15 days for my One Plus One to ship from China. Those were the days.

I bought the three because my One was starting to slack.

In terms of the future, they probably will invest more in marketing and becoming more of a brand as it reels in more money, else, why do it then? I just hope they will never forget what One Plus was in the beginning and what it meant. That legacy will live on forever.

2. latheef shaik Eclair May 18, 2017

3. G_ajit_vallamkonda_VlAn Ice Cream Sandwich May 18, 2017

G_ajit_vallamkonda_VlAn, May 18, 2017 :
    Nope, Cyanogen is officially used on phones while Cyanogen mod is moddable and is not preinstalled on phones. It's a commercial os. CyanogenMod/Lineageos is a moddable room that any phone can have when flashed. Get your facts straight

4. G_Trilochan_Das_CaKH Eclair May 18, 2017

5. itsbhanusharma Ice Cream Sandwich May 18, 2017

itsbhanusharma, May 18, 2017 :
    So You're telling me that cyanogenOS and CyanogenMod are different even after sharing the same codebase and developers... Well, yes they are ... A different fork and one is Google certified ... And other than that, they're virtually the same thing.

My facts are probably way more polished as I'm more actively involved in it's development so You should rather understand what You're trying to challenge.

There are thousands of CM based roms distributed under different names but the same codebase with some cosmetic tweaks.

6. chraibifahd Cupcake May 18, 2017

7. G_ajit_vallamkonda_VlAn Ice Cream Sandwich May 18, 2017

G_ajit_vallamkonda_VlAn, May 18, 2017 :
    I know that. But Cyanogen updates their device for 2 years like a standard rom, while a custom ROM like CyanogenMod/Lineageos can be made for a device for years. I originally disagreed with you regarding the support for the OnePlus one, which had a completely normal 2 year update span.

8. itsbhanusharma Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2017

itsbhanusharma, May 19, 2017 :
    CyanogenOS never Updated any device from YU lineup for 2 Years .... the best they delivered in terms of updates were for 6 months or at best 10 months in case of Yureka. everything else is in front of the world.

9. maxu007 Honeycomb May 19, 2017

maxu007, May 19, 2017 :
    we will see what will hapen with 3 and 3t actualizations in next few monthes And i will decide then what to do ...

10. ravish5497 Gingerbread May 19, 2017

ravish5497, May 19, 2017 :
    betas are being tested for op5.. thats why we can see no official updates for 3/3t..even before releasing op5, 3/3t is gone..

11. G_ajit_vallamkonda_VlAn Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2017

G_ajit_vallamkonda_VlAn, May 19, 2017 :
    Your ignorant. Stop pulling lies man. I've owned a OnePlus One myself and it updated from KitKat all the way to marshmallow. That's a fair amount of time to officially update a phone, 2 software versions. You shouldn't expect an old phone to get more than 2 years of updates anyways.

meatandy likes this.
  12. niladrithehero Cupcake May 19, 2017

niladrithehero, May 19, 2017 :
    Recently One plus launched an ad campaign called Star Community claiming that stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Sania Mirza, Sushant Rajput and more using one plus 3t as their daily driver and praising the phone.

It is very misleading as most of them use iphone or galaxy as their primary driver and are lying their hats off for money.

Sania Mirza was the latest one to prove it

http://m.mid-day.com/articles/sania...from-iphone-twitterati-criticise-her/18262179

One plus makes beautiful phones. We all agree. But is this kind of false publicity necessary?

13. vk3339 Cupcake May 19, 2017

14. F_Dennis_Hernandez_xgAj Cupcake May 19, 2017

15. F_Dennis_Hernandez_xgAj Cupcake May 19, 2017

16. itsbhanusharma Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2017

itsbhanusharma, May 19, 2017 :
    I don't expect most manufacturers to ship even 1 full Year of relevant updates.

17. bonks60 Cupcake May 19, 2017

18. Henaway Honeycomb May 19, 2017

Henaway, May 19, 2017 :
    If they offer half the support for the 3 after the 5 is released, I'll be pretty happy. OnePlus has been very quick with updates - and releases regularly. The current flagship will ALWAYS be EVERY company's primary focus. To expect anything less is stupid. You sure won't see a Galaxy S7 getting Android O before the S8 does!

As long as they keep the security patches coming through two years ... I'm pretty happy. I bought the OP3 in part because of the strong dev community and ROM support. Why? Because at some point ALL companies stop formally supporting their devices, even if there is no technical reason to drop it. Communities go until the hardware can't support the new features anymore, usually. That's how I had Marshmallow on my old Nexus 4, long after Google dropped it.

Be happy with what you have. It seems almost nobody is anymore. As far as will I buy another OP device? Depends on the price/performance/value ratio. If I'd have waited until the 3T came out, I'd most likely own an Axon 7, because it would have beaten it on price and value to me. They were neck and neck when I did buy. In fact, I had the A7 pre-ordered and changed my mind the day before it was to ship. They were that close. I still have a set of dbrand skins for the A7 sitting in front of me, because I ordered them ahead of time! The tipping point was (see above) the developer-friendly nature of the OP3 vs the Axon. ZTE's unlocking policy turned me (and many others) away.

I've come to feel that official support only matters if your device is locked, and there's no way to get under the hood. That's why I vote with my wallet and support the companies that support my ability to flash ROMs on MY device if I see fit to do so.

Tejas2498 and luigimario1 like this.
  19. Jigovsky Eclair May 19, 2017

20. lin.rosales Cupcake May 19, 2017