Weekly update 199: The Callection goes on sale, and the 5 gets nominated for device of the year

1. HansGeisler Nordics Marketing Staff Member Oct 6, 2017

HansGeisler, Oct 6, 2017 :
    WeeklyUpdate_forum.png
    Happy Friday and happy October! This weekly update is proudly presented to you by OnePlus’ European team, from a continent where autumn is truly starting to set in.

OnePlus JCC Open Sales
    After weeks of mystery and a couple of wild days in Paris (we’ve heard that some people are still recovering from the afterparty …), the Callection open sales have finally begun!
    With 8GB RAM and 128 GB storage, the JCC+ Limited Edition OnePlus 5 is an imaginative new take on our highest speed OnePlus 5 device. Jean-Charles de Castelbajac (JCC) has famously designed clothes for the likes of Beyoncé, Madonna, and Pope John Paul II, so here’s your chance to get in really good company and get a powerful flagship phone all at once.
    And while the JCC+ Limited Edition OnePlus 5 is certainly the biggest star - the flotilla leader, the mothership, the one ring to rule them all, if you will - of the collection, the accessories are certainly worth checking out as well. I, for one, can't think of a single better antidote to the autumn weather blues than carrying around the whimsical OnePlus JCC Tote Bag. Such designs are certain to brighten up everyone's day!

Hundreds of passionate photographers, seven vibrant cities and one squirrel whisperer
    For the last couple of weeks, we’ve celebrated the OnePlus 5’s powerful camera with a series of #ShotonOnePlus Academies in different European cities, including Berlin, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Milan, Paris, and Stockholm - vibrant cities perfect for testing the OnePlus 5’s camera in a whole range of different ways and capturing some unique and exciting #ShotonOnePlus shots.
    To help us out at the events, we’ve had the assistance of some tremendously talented photographers such as Finland’s popular Instagram star Konsta Punkka, also known as “the squirrel whisperer” (try googling that for some wonderful, life-affirming stories …) The Academies yielded hundred of incredible photos, and we’re looking forward to sharing all of them with you soon.
    For those of you who’re thinking “isn’t there at least one prominent European city missing on this list?”, you’re quite right - tomorrow, October 7th, it’s London calling for the final ShotonOnePlus Academy in this series. We’re looking forward to seeing all the lucky participants!

Shot on OnePlus: RAW, Pro & Burst modes
    Couldn’t make it to the #ShotonOnePlus academies? Fear not! We’ve launched three short YouTube videos, which we hope can inspire you all to take full use of our camera’s amazing potential - focusing on RAW, PRO, and BURST modes:

Pocket-lint Gadget Awards
    We’re super proud to have been shortlisted in the Best Smartphone category again this year for EE’s prestigious Pocket-lint Gadget Awards, this time with the OnePlus 5. As you all know, we could never have come this far without the support from our community - thanks to each and every one of you. The results are to be revealed on the 14th November (and if you’d like to, you can vote for us right here on this link).

That’s it for this weekly update, folks, have a wonderful weekend!

2. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 6, 2017

youbi, Oct 6, 2017 :
    @HansGeisler Welcome to the forums. :)

So that means the Nordics are talking over the forum?!? :fearscream: @inffy, that was your evil plan since the start? :eek:

[​IMG]

The other ones in the pic are @Reivon Choccoli and @drmartin and @Mark Falsing . :p :D

Thanks for this sharing. He really has some amazing pics. :hearteyes:

script, Audipudi, aris and 5 others like this.
  3. Mark Falsing Jelly Bean Senior Moderator Oct 6, 2017

4. TheOneplusXEater Donut Oct 6, 2017

SimonRam likes this.
  5. novin007 Honeycomb Oct 6, 2017

novin007, Oct 6, 2017 :
    Oneplus has such a powerful camera that now you have to learn how to click photos in their academy :) Well Done.
    Because makeing life easy is to mainstream.

6. eye842 Jelly Bean Oct 6, 2017

pa5t1s, kaihp, meatandy and 1 other person like this.
  7. AntMunny Jelly Bean Oct 6, 2017

theshinybeast and meatandy like this.
  8. tasawwur_12q Gingerbread Oct 9, 2017

9. G_plusone Jelly Bean Oct 9, 2017

G_plusone, Oct 9, 2017 :
    Did Ants do it :oops:?

AntMunny likes this.
  10. jlasensiofi Jelly Bean Oct 9, 2017

jlasensiofi, Oct 9, 2017 :
    Many thanks for the new weekly update, @HansGeisler ;)

As I said on another occasion, I think the design of the JCC + Limited Edition OnePlus 5 is wonderful, which I have also been able to see for myself when I see the one I bought from a family. Spectacular :)

Voted in the Pocket-lint Gadget Awards of EE and good luck, I hope you win the prize.

Never Settle.

11. kaihp Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 9, 2017

kaihp, Oct 9, 2017 :
    We are more than you think. We are everywhere, waiting in the shadows, biding for The Time to come. :cool::p

eye842 and youbi like this.
  12. pa5t1s Lollipop Oct 9, 2017

pa5t1s, Oct 9, 2017 :
    Thanks for the update @HansGeisler !
    And welcome to the Forum! (well, that's the first time I see posting, since July 2017 [​IMG] )

13. sfomin Marshmallow Oct 9, 2017

sfomin, Oct 9, 2017 :
    i would not have Lexus under best car award either [​IMG]

14. aris Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 10, 2017

aris, Oct 10, 2017 :
    Thanks for the update!
    Awesome pictures? Where can we se more pictures from that guy?

15. baybosert Cupcake Oct 12, 2017

16. avanshu Cupcake Oct 13, 2017