Week 211: We roam the streets of London, prep some gifts, and call it a year.

1. Ruby G. Creative Copywriter Staff Member Dec 29, 2017

Ruby G., Dec 29, 2017 :
    forum-big (1).png

Hello friends,

Filling in for @Chris dB again while he's frolicking in bluer waters with his family. Not sure who's getting the better deal here — I get to pen the final weekly update of the year AND pet-sit his baby ferret while he enjoys fluffy oyster pancakes and beautiful island views. Anyways :p presenting... el último Weekly Update of 2017!

Please stick your hand in this box
    We're a fun group at OnePlus. A lot of us are jokesters at heart, enjoying the occasional tease and wink to keep things interesting. We recently deployed the sweetest face from our EU team, Tom, to carry out a small stunt on the streets of London. He asked strangers to stick their hands into a special box. And bless their hearts, so many people did! Here's the video in all its mystery.

So many holiday treats
    The software team has been hard at work in the kitchen, working through the holidays to perfect a smattering of high quality updates for our users. So many updates in fact, that you might have lost track. Some of these are still being sugared and glazed, others have already been tested by our legendary beta-testers worldwide. Here's a nifty list to help you keep track.
    • [Official Release] OxygenOS 4.7.6 OTA aka camera optimizations for OnePlus 5T [HERE]
    • [Official Release] OxygenOS 5.0 OTA aka Android Oreo for OnePlus 5 [HERE]
    • [Official Release] OxygenOS 5.0.1 OTA for OnePlus 3/3T [HERE]
    • [Open Beta] OxygenOS Open Beta 1 (Android O) for the OnePlus 5T [HERE]
    • [Open Beta] OxygenOS Open Beta 3 (Android O+Face Unlock) for the OnePlus 5 [HERE]
    • [Open Beta] OxygenOS Open Beta 29/20 for OnePlus 3/3T [HERE]
    2017 was a good time
    We launched two flagships and an array of limited editions from colette to JCC+. We travelled to over 30 cities for launches (pop-ups were so much fun this year!) and #ShotonOnePlus Adventures. We rubbed elbows with some cool names from other industries: Disney, Castelbajac, Emily Ratajkowski, Kevin Abosch. We started writing on Medium again and added three graphic/video wizards to our roster: Ruby Z., Austin, and Dan, from Asia/USA/Europe respectively! They've been behind many of the cool clips and images you've seen on our social media channels.

Raffles and other dreams for the OnePlus Community Forums also finally became a reality, thanks to tireless labor from @David Y. and his team. (David will blush furiously at this shoutout — he always gets flustered by compliments.) We're grateful for you all have contributed to this community this past year, whether you served as a Mod or followed us as a silent reader.

Everything we do is made possible by you :) So here's to another glorious year of building OnePlus together. I'm excited for the year to come. What was the highlight of 2017 for you? Let us know in the comments. Have a fun and safe New Year's Eve, everybody!

jyazda, 5star02707, ivan liu and 80 others like this.
  2. mevicks Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 29, 2017

mevicks, Dec 29, 2017 :
    [Official Release] OxygenOS V5.0.1 for OnePlus 3/3T (coming soon)

God bless you all :)

Indeed a happy new year for all xD

3. Cheetosdust Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2017

Cheetosdust, Dec 29, 2017 :

Thanks for the update and Happy New Year to everyone at OnePlus and here on the forums - yes, even to those who don't search much. ;)

4. the_reckoner Honeycomb Dec 29, 2017

Csigger, robinsc, Ty_Quan and 9 others like this.
  5. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Dec 29, 2017

dsmonteiro, Dec 29, 2017 :
    For some reason, this reminds me of a specific The Lonely Island X-Mas song. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

agoinfly, Pav 7, pa5t1s and 4 others like this.
  6. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Dec 29, 2017

7. Cheetosdust Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2017

Care to mention what's inside said box? :D

Edit: Damn it.

Pav 7, pa5t1s, Sistecchie and 2 others like this.
  8. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Dec 29, 2017

Pav 7, pa5t1s and Cheetosdust like this.
  9. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 29, 2017

youbi, Dec 29, 2017 :
    Its some big shoes to fill but I think you did great. :)

Definitely. a big shout-out to our Community manager for his tireless everyday work and effort on making this community even better.

Thanks. :blush: :p This community is done by everyone, so its up to all of us to also try and make it better everyday. :)

S1514819692021, Ruby G., aris and 9 others like this.
  10. Cheetosdust Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2017

It's almost like the thread already exists in the private section, is being revised and edited, and just waiting for you guys to edit the post with "[HERE]" and a link. Almost. ;)

Dhruvit Jain, Pav 7, varma246 and 4 others like this.
  11. G_Geeky_Hari_IqHr Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 29, 2017

G_Geeky_Hari_IqHr, Dec 29, 2017 :
    wow a new official v5.0.1 oxygen os is in the works for 3/3T
    Thank u so much OnePlus,i am in love with OnePlus
    A very happy new year for all of you at OnePlus

Pav 7, keithgpowell, pualai and 2 others like this.
  12. David Y. Community Manager Staff Member Dec 29, 2017

David Y., Dec 29, 2017 :
    Woohoo so sweet! Thanks @Ruby G. ! :p

For me, the highlight of 2017 is the community and the lovely people I met and talked to. It's a huge challenge for me, but I do enjoy every moment of it (emm...maybe not...lol). Thanks to everyone's feedback and support, motivating us to do everything better. Yes we still got a lot to do, and the best is yet to come.

BTW, I'd like to share two of my favorite posts of 2017:
    What's been the Golden Moment of your life?
    OnePlus 4th Anniversary - My OnePlus Story

Happy New Year's Eve everyone!!

13. GopalB. Lollipop Dec 29, 2017

GopalB., Dec 29, 2017 :
    And Great!!!

Pav 7 and G_plusone like this.
  14. Shivang Joshi Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 29, 2017

Shivang Joshi, Dec 29, 2017 :
    Happy New Year's Eve to the Team[e]270c[/e]️

It's been quite good journey here in the OnePlus Community. Looking forward for a better year ahead[e]1f525[/e]

G_plusone likes this.
  15. aldwinguevarra Eclair Dec 29, 2017

16. cezarvrabie Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2017

17. Sujknair Honeycomb Dec 29, 2017

18. Cheetosdust Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2017

Hello @David Y.

What a nice message. :)

Even with the marketing and the buzzwords and the business aspect of it all, OnePlus tries do listen to what their fans are saying and writing every day.

I understand you can’t attend and reply to every single request, but the gist of it all is that you guys at least consider what you can do to make your products better.

Yes, some other companies also listen to the feedback, but OnePlus is more vocal to express the way they’re also on the consumer side of the big picture.

The biggest part of it all is not that you guys are vocal, but that you’re vocal and you execute. It’s clearly a “You and me, we’re in this together” message. I appreciate it because all-in-all, it seems that we really are.

Some people tend to take extreme positions. Either OnePlus is evil incarnated or it’s their buddy on the pub. For me, you guys are neither - you’re masterful at finding the thin line between those two extremes and walk it with grace.

And for me, even more that on social media, the forums are the ultimate expression of that type of agreement. Here you guys prove time and time again that you’re not on a pedestal.

A company walking amongst their users and fans makes it look palpable, reachable. We don’t have to look up to speak and that says it all.

Happy new year and keep going.

19. GopalB. Lollipop Dec 29, 2017

Sujknair, varma246 and SJBoss like this.
  20. GopalB. Lollipop Dec 29, 2017

GopalB., Dec 29, 2017 :

the_reckoner and cezarvrabie like this.