Week 209: We Celebrate 4 Years of OnePlus

1. Chris dB Social Media Staff Member Dec 15, 2017

Chris dB, Dec 15, 2017 :
    forum-big (2).png

Roads?! Where we’re going, we don’t need roads! The Weekly Update is turning back the clock on 4 years of OnePlus to reflect on our journey. But, remember not to touch anything. If you change the past, you will most certainly change the future. Ready? Here we go.

23 April, 2014
    Back to the beginning. When Pete finally revealed what so many people were waiting for, it sparked an explosive reception. This was the day our “Never Settle” mantra was first materialized in an actual device people could see and feel. The OnePlus One remains an essential part of our history. The device that started it all. Back in Weekly Update number 18/19 @Emmanuel talked about the unveiling of the OnePlus One:

Weekly Update 18/19

July 15, 2015
    Three days before the launch of the OnePlus 2, every single OnePlus staff member was feeling the jitters. This was set to be our largest product launch ever, and we were all gearing up to make sure it went off without a hitch. Although the OnePlus 2 didn’t receive the universal acclaim the OnePlus One did, it remains a vital cog in our growing history. Let’s listen to what @Cat had to say in the build-up to OnePlus 2 launch in Weekly Update 84.

Weekly Update 84

June 18, 2016
    It’s been four days since the launch of the OnePlus 3. After meeting up with our community at some of our most successful pop-up events ever, we went back relieved that we had pulled off another successful launch. The first reviews started to trickle in, and everything was looking good. The OnePlus 3 ended up as one of 2016’s best flagship smartphones. Here’s what we had to say shortly after the OnePlus 3 launch.

Weekly Update 131

November 19, 2016
    On November 15, 2016, the OnePlus 3 got a sibling. Through our first truly community-powered launch event, we shared our second flagship of 2016 with OnePlus fans around the world. Following its incredible reception by both the community and the tech world at large, the OnePlus 3T proved that you should never wait to share the best tech with the world. Let’s hear what a slightly younger and more innocent Chris had to say about the OnePlus 3T back in November 19.

Weekly Update 153

June 30, 2017
    Ten days after revealing the OnePlus 5, the storm was finally settling on what had been another successful product launch. Following our live keynote, which drew millions of viewers from around the world, the OnePlus 5 finally made it into the hands of our community. Pulling off a product launch is never without its challenges, and the OnePlus 5 really showed how OnePlus had matured as a company to deliver an impressive, yet understated launch. Carl put it nicely in his recap:

Weekly Update 185

November 24, 2017
    That brings us to our most recent product launch. For 4 years we have chased the same dream, to share the best technology with the world. The OnePlus 5T is the most powerful reflection of our ambitions yet. We are incredibly proud of what we have accomplished, and you should be too. After all, none of these launches would have been half as meaningful without you.

Weekly Update 206

Oof! That was quite the trip. Maybe it’s a good thing Time Travel hasn’t been invented yet, because just pretending to time travel is giving me a headache. Thank you for 4 years of Never Settle, everyone! Don’t forget to join us at our 4th Anniversary hub and participate in some of the fun games we’ve set up. What are your expectations for the next 4 years of OnePlus?

2. Cheetosdust Jelly Bean Dec 15, 2017

3. Lancelot_69 KitKat Dec 15, 2017

4. Cheetosdust Jelly Bean Dec 15, 2017

Cheetosdust, Dec 15, 2017 :
    Like a great philosopher once said:

“Let it go, let it go
    Turn away and slam the door
    I don't care
    what they're going to say
    Let the storm rage on.
    The cold never bothered me anyway”.

5. eye842 KitKat Dec 15, 2017

eye842, Dec 15, 2017 :
    Written out of history.

6. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 15, 2017

youbi, Dec 15, 2017 :

Why is @Emmanuel and @David S. (I think) wearing helmets? Is it for the competition don't steal their Oneplus secrets? :D :p

This ones also work and are a bit lighter and more comfortable. :p

I hope that in the next four years OnePlus keeps launching amazing products with the best quality/price ratio of the market. :) But also that they take it even further and make them more exclusive in terms of design, so that everyone knows when they are looking to an Oneplus device.

Its like you guys say, if Oneplus wants to stand up in the middle of the huge crowd that the smartphone market is right now, it needs to never settle and try to be more unique. ;)

Ohh, and I do hope that Oneplus keeps listening to the community and counting on us for finding the best feedback for what you have done and for what you should do next.

Plenkske, SoniaB, script and 3 others like this.
  7. mattgennaro Cupcake Dec 15, 2017

mattgennaro, Dec 15, 2017 :
    Always exciting when you guys launch new products - it keeps all the other guys in check!

8. pa5t1s Marshmallow Dec 15, 2017

pa5t1s, Dec 15, 2017 :
    Nice trip update @Chris dB , thanks ;)

Kerkdriel, keithnyc, script and 3 others like this.
  9. barb Marshmallow Dec 15, 2017

10. luxuskamel KitKat Dec 15, 2017

luxuskamel, Dec 15, 2017 :
    i definitive second that!
    beside making great phones do not forget keep the NeverSettle Spirit (which we saw with the OPO) alive!

Here's a list how I feel the OnePlus device were best compared to other OnePlus devices:
    unique: OnePlus One
    trendy: OnePlus 3
    hyped: OnePlus 2 (OnePlus One)
    forgotten: OnePlus X
    modern: OnePlus 5T
    buying was fun: OnePlus One
    launch event: OnePlus 2
    styleswaps: OnePlus 2
    camera: OnePlus 5
    improvement: OnePlus 3

Ruby G., keithnyc, bart877ie and 3 others like this.
  11. meatandy Marshmallow Dec 15, 2017

12. G_Arpith_Prasanth_PXCd Honeycomb Dec 15, 2017

13. Kainhe Cupcake Dec 15, 2017

Kainhe, Dec 15, 2017 :
    Best device ever owned, my One+5T satisfies me much more every day.
    Owned many Galaxy series devices, Xperia ones, Asus and others but I do really love this one.

keithnyc likes this.
  14. rajeev5252 Gingerbread Dec 15, 2017

keithnyc likes this.
  15. RamboH Honeycomb Dec 15, 2017

RamboH, Dec 15, 2017 :
    No wishes for this worst company

No update or support for OP2 in last many months
    even not received N update still now, they focus only new born babys, the all worst developers working in Oneplus company

Qayyumbydefault and G_plusone like this.
  16. eye842 KitKat Dec 15, 2017

17. G_plusone KitKat Dec 15, 2017

G_plusone, Dec 15, 2017 :
    The last time I saw a OnePlus staff mention about the OPX was by @Carl in his new Financial options thread saying that the OPX was available for something less than 20 dollars on a contract basis.

I no longer think that you guys will ever venture out of the Grey area that you are in

Kerkdriel, RamboH and eye842 like this.
  18. Cheetosdust Jelly Bean Dec 15, 2017

19. Anish Shah Froyo Dec 15, 2017

Qayyumbydefault likes this.
  20. grahamlambert Cupcake Dec 15, 2017

keithnyc likes this.