Week 204: We Prepare for a New View

1. Chris dB Social Media Staff Member Nov 10, 2017

Chris dB, Nov 10, 2017 :
    WeeklyUpdate_forum.png
    You might be thinking “with all the preparations for OnePlus 5T launch, I bet Chris is too busy to write the Weekly Update this time.” But that’s where you’re wrong. I’m never too busy to write the Weekly Update. Never. We’re excited to share as much of our upcoming launch as we can, but when this much is happening it can be hard to keep track of all the comings and goings. That’s what the Weekly Update is for.

View New York
    All around the office, people are checking their suitcases, practicing their lines, and are generally in high spirits. There’s no time like launch time at OnePlus, and everyone is feeling the excitement. We’re not going to New York alone though! Come November 16, we’re opening up A New View in Brooklyn to the entire OnePlus Community. Come for the unveiling, stay for the swag, hands-on experience, and tech talks. Phew, that’s a lot of stuff.

Wired to Charge
    Watching the development of Wireless Charging is a bit like watching a 14-year old football wunderkind. The speed of his movement, his flexibility, and the effectiveness of his shots is incredible for a kid his age. But, he’s still got a lot to learn before he’ll be able to stake his claim in the first team. Right now, wireless charging is an immensely exciting technology and we can’t wait to see where it can go in the future. But, as of today wireless charging wouldn’t improve the user experience. When the time is right, we’ll consider adding the tech to our team. (For a less colorful analogy, but a far more in-depth explanation of why we’re sticking with wired charging, make sure to read @Pete ’s deep-dive [HERE])

Tech with SJBoss
    What makes the OnePlus Community special is just how tech-savvy, involved, and provocative you are. We may not agree with everything you have to say, but we always take the time to listen to your opinions and feedback. In this feature by @SJBoss , with topics ranging from tech loyalists, to privacy and display technology that is once more proven true. There’s a lot to learn here, and while we may not agree with all of it, we definitely found it an interesting read. Highly recommended! [READ MORE]

Into Egypt
    OnePlus 3T user Abdelrahman Bannora recently shot an impressive video of his travels through Egypt. With its gorgeous landscapes, historic sights, and lots of sand, Egypt is absolutely gorgeous. If you don’t have the time to visit Egypt yourself, this video is an amazing alternative. Check it out [HERE]

T Lab
    The Lab is back for the OnePlus 5T! Apply for the latest edition Lab and you might just be one of the first people in the world to receive the OnePlus 5T! 10 super savvy Never Settlers will receive a OnePlus 5T to review. Their reviews will be shared with OnePlus users around the globe. The Lab has yielded some of the most in-depth reviews written for our devices, and have done a great job of introducing our devices. So join today and prove you’ve got what it takes to take on the T.

That’s all for this week, friends! This is the final Weekly Update before the big event in the Big Apple next week. We hope you’ll all be watching (either online or in person at the venue itself.) Find out more at the event page.

2. Rick Manders Jelly Bean Community Expert Nov 10, 2017

3. G_Geeky_Hari_IqHr Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 10, 2017

aris likes this.
  4. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Nov 10, 2017

dsmonteiro, Nov 10, 2017 :
    Stop advertising this! The less people know, the better. I'm saving my best words to describe the OnePlus 5T!

[​IMG]

5. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Nov 10, 2017

6. onepluskay Gingerbread Nov 10, 2017

onepluskay, Nov 10, 2017 :
    Having eyes on you ;) :D

dsmonteiro likes this.
  7. SJBoss Jelly Bean Nov 10, 2017

SJBoss, Nov 10, 2017 :
    I'm honored :)
    thank you very much @Chris dB , :)

pa5t1s, ChrisTerp, Dunnow and 3 others like this.
  8. iNtEnSePL Jelly Bean Nov 10, 2017

dsmonteiro, pa5t1s, ChrisTerp and 3 others like this.
  9. G_plusone KitKat Nov 10, 2017

pa5t1s, ChrisTerp and SJBoss like this.
  10. pgidia Lollipop Nov 10, 2017

pa5t1s and ChrisTerp like this.
  11. Luca S. Froyo Nov 10, 2017

Luca S., Nov 10, 2017 :
    Very excited about 5T and Oreo. Can't wait to use Substratum on my Phone :) I Hope you Release Oreo together with Op5T

aris likes this.
  12. SnapDragon01 Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 10, 2017

ChrisTerp and aris like this.
  13. eye842 Jelly Bean Nov 10, 2017

eye842, Nov 10, 2017 :
    Exiting days ahead and no mention of OP5 this time :D;) thanks for the update.

14. Dunnow KitKat Nov 10, 2017

Dunnow, Nov 10, 2017 :
    I did think the same thing. xD

Aren't we cruel tho?

LOL I don't care :')

15. AntMunny Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2017

ChrisTerp likes this.
  16. G_BARAGOZ_RUS_WhjS Eclair Nov 11, 2017

17. G_BARAGOZ_RUS_WhjS Eclair Nov 11, 2017

G_BARAGOZ_RUS_WhjS, Nov 11, 2017 :
    Кстати последнее обновление 4.5.14 на моем ОР 5 ,ужасно жрет заряд батареи. Я очень расстроен. Это что то не реальное. Ни на одной сборке так аккумулятор не умирал как сейчас. Исправьте скорее !!

18. meatandy Marshmallow Nov 11, 2017

meatandy, Nov 11, 2017 :
    Please write in English or post your comments in the appropriate thread.

19. meatandy Marshmallow Nov 11, 2017

meatandy, Nov 11, 2017 :
    Thanks for the weekly , since the barrage of admin threads lately somehow I missed yours , it's nice to see a familiar face .;)

20. aris Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 11, 2017

aris, Nov 11, 2017 :
    Can't wait to meet the OnePlus 5T. It looks amazing so far!