Week 195: We Unleash the Beast, Forge the Gold, and Experiment with O

1. Chris dB Social Media Staff Member Sep 8, 2017

Chris dB, Sep 8, 2017 :
    forum_195.png
    It’s Friday! You know what that means, it’s time for a new Weekly Update. Before we set out to enjoy the sun, we’ve got a lot to cover this week. Not only are we gearing up for our meetups in Australia, we’ve also prepared something special for you all on Medium, and are looking for the bravest among you to join an experiment. Let’s jump right in.

Join us in Australia
    It is often said that dangerous predators can hide around any corner in Australia, ready to pounce upon unsuspecting travelers. That list of badass beasts is about to meet a new member, as we bring the OnePlus 5 to Melbourne and Sydney in two upcoming fan meetups. It all starts on September 18 in Sydney, and ends one day later on the 19th in Melbourne. Learn more and sign up for the events in the thread. We hope to see you there, mate.

Not All That Glitters
    We already told you what we think of the OnePlus 5 Soft Gold – it still looks pretty darn good. But, that’s not what our most recent feature on Medium is about. Product design is often a complex, intensive, and impenetrable affair. The main goal of this article is to make the creation of our Soft Gold devices understandable to people without a PhD in product design. After all, we believe that by sharing the finer workings of our work with all of you, and lifting the veil of secrecy, you’ll have a better understanding of what we do. We hope it will lead to a greater appreciation of what we do as well, but we’ll leave that up to you. Check out the feature on Medium now.

Experiment O
    Our developers are hard at work on the official OxygenOS update to Android Oreo. We’re all immensely excited about bringing you the latest version of Android O in a way that enriches the OxygenOS experience you’ve come to know and love. Delivering a fast, stable, and smooth OS takes time, and we can’t blame you guys for wanting to plunder Android’s new cookie jar early. For the bravest souls among you, there’s Updateing’s port of Oreo on OnePlus 5, based on AOSP android-8.0.0_r3. If you’re feeling up to the challenge, you can find the ROM on XDA. Disclaimer: this ROM is highly experimental, and OnePlus is not liable for any damage caused by the installation and/or use of this ROM. Proceed with caution.

An Unforgettable Summer
    You know the summer is winding down, when students everywhere trade in their beach towels for college handouts. We’ve prepared a final hurrah for your summer vacation in the form of a new giveaway by @David Y. What did you get up to this summer? Tell us your story in the thread, and you might just win yourself a brand-new Osmo Mobile. (As for me, in between trips back to the Netherlands, long hikes, and plenty of beaches, I can’t complain.) If you’re getting ready to go back to school, don’t forget to join our Student Program.

That’s all for this week, friends! But, before we leave you @diegohnz and I have an urgent request for all Hearthstone players among you, he and I just can’t figure out how to beat the Lich King at the end of the Frozen Throne adventure. Tried replacing him with Ragnaros, stealing his deck with Archbischop Benedictus, but nothing seems to work. Do you have the answer? Let us know in the comments below. Above all else, enjoy your weekend.

2. pratik4572 Froyo Sep 8, 2017

3. varma246 KitKat Sep 8, 2017

varma246, Sep 8, 2017 :
    Don't like what oneplus doing i.e Releasing other color variants later.
    All Marketing BS:cool:

4. varma246 KitKat Sep 8, 2017

varma246, Sep 8, 2017 :
    Fake news!

malidan and pa5t1s like this.
  5. Rox598 Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2017

Rox598, Sep 8, 2017 :
    No

Salt505 likes this.
  6. eye842 Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2017

eye842, Sep 8, 2017 :
    It's kind of funny sad that all the Oreo news is about OP5 when You are directing users to XDA where Android O also will be for older OP devices.

7. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 8, 2017

youbi, Sep 8, 2017 :
    Currently the only Oreo you can get on the op5 is the one that was talked about in the weekly update. ;)

If you are tired of eating sweet nougat and want to try some Oreo's this is the best choice. But be aware that its just too early baked, so the cookies may still taste bad. :p ;)

[​IMG]

8. camohan Lollipop Moderator Sep 8, 2017

camohan, Sep 8, 2017 :
    I feel like throwing up after seeing that pic...

9. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 8, 2017

youbi, Sep 8, 2017 :
    No need to trow up. :sweatsmile: Actually it's great for your teeth, and I'm sure @Maximus Decimus Meridius would approve this sort of cookies. :p :D

10. pa5t1s Lollipop Sep 8, 2017

11. Mr. BG Lollipop Sep 8, 2017

Salt505 and Gonzo01 like this.
  12. camohan Lollipop Moderator Sep 8, 2017

Salt505 likes this.
  13. pojr Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 8, 2017

pojr, Sep 8, 2017 :
    Ok cool, can I make 1 thread per day regarding an Oreo update?

Salt505 and G_plusone like this.
  14. Mr. BG Lollipop Sep 8, 2017

Mr. BG, Sep 8, 2017 :
    When pigs can fly!

Oh, wait...

15. G_plusone Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2017

G_plusone, Sep 8, 2017 :
    Why not? :D

pojr likes this.
  16. raipraveen83 Eclair Sep 8, 2017

raipraveen83, Sep 8, 2017 :
    instead of focusing oreo one plus team and developer really work on their current software.how pathatic their camera application and other software too in so over hyped phone of this year

Ruben_garcia_drako and G_plusone like this.
  17. Baymax Lollipop Sep 8, 2017

Baymax, Sep 8, 2017 :
    I can ask my friend how he did so.

Gonzo01 likes this.
  18. Baymax Lollipop Sep 8, 2017

ChrisTerp, pojr and Gonzo01 like this.
  19. BeingIncog Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 8, 2017

G_plusone likes this.
  20. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 8, 2017

waldwolf, Sep 8, 2017 :
    @Chis dB

Despite your disclaimer, I do not think this type challenge (nee promotion) from an OP official, best serves the average Oneplus customer, as it promotes BETA experimentation, which for the majority, can cause user confusion and possibly "damage" their phones OS, making it unstable or unusable.

As we both know, Android Oreo will first be pushed out to Google Pixel & Nexus devices, with other makes following in the months to come.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017

deviantartjr likes this.