Week 187: We meet Jane, throw Albie a Party, and Love Balloons

1. Chris dB Social Media Staff Member Jul 14, 2017

Chris dB, Jul 14, 2017 :
    forum_187.png
    A typical week at OnePlus is filled with exciting stories. What sort of people would we be if we tried to keep them from you? That’s why the Weekly Update is back with another action-packed installment. In between a helium-driven adventure, a new team member joining the team, and a couple of awesome new raffle prizes, there’s plenty to talk about this week.

Raffled
    Don’t forget to spend your points on the latest raffles. New this week are a pair of Dash Car Chargers, great when you need to top up on your way to work, and a couple of karbon bumper cases for the OnePlus 5, which keep the style-factor but up the security. Visit the page now to participate!

Welcome Jane!
    The OnePlus family welcomed a new member this week. Jane is the latest member of our PR team, and will be supporting us from the US. Though she’s spent most of her time in the United States, she did spend enough time in Rome to develop a love for pasta. We look forward to seeing her around the community! But, who better to introduce Jane than Jane herself.

“Hello, I’m Jane! I recently graduated from UC Berkeley (go bears!), and am the newest member of the OnePlus Global PR team. A Bay Area native, growing up near Silicon Valley definitely sparked within me an interest in tech at a young age. Today, I’m passionate about tech because it drives progress! I’m excited to tell the OnePlus story in the U.S. Hope I get the opportunity to meet some of you soon.”

The Skinny
    It’s never been easier to find a nice skin or case for your phone than it is today. You’re just one quick Google search away from finding the skin or case that matches your style. Like @Lorenzow1234 , we’re super curious to see what styles define you guys. So hop on over to his thread to share your favorite skins and cases.

Up in the Air
    Our friends over in the United Kingdom have been preparing something pretty special. To celebrate the launch of the OnePlus 5, they’ve set up a new ‘unbox the 5’ contest. Your mission is simple: Record the most creative OnePlus 5 unboxing you can come up with and share it with us. The winner will receive ANOTHER OnePlus 5 to share with a friend or family member. Of course, you can’t challenge people to get creative if you’re not creative yourself. So, our team pulled off their own OnePlus 5 unboxing using a few balloons and a whole bunch of helium. Check it out!

Happy birthday, dog!
    They grow up so fast. Everyone’s favorite, if occasionally silly, Shiba turned two this week. Albie’s (or should I say Albertine, @Nicole Q. ?) been an integral member of the team for months now, so we couldn’t pass up this opportunity to celebrate her special day. While her human colleagues chowed down on a couple of festive cupcakes, Albie got treated to a buffet of delicious doggy treats. Happy birthday, Albie!

Are you enjoying your OnePlus 5? Don’t forget to refer your friends in our new referral program. That’s all for now, friends! We’ll see you again next Saturday with an all-new Weekly Update. Enjoy your weekend!

2. MNavy_ Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2017

tbalnt likes this.
  3. varma246 KitKat Jul 14, 2017

varma246, Jul 14, 2017 :
    Thanks for the update @Chris dB .
    Belated happy birthday Albie:)

Be careful with balloons j8kVjQx.png
    videotogif_2017.07.14_16.35.34.gif

EDIT: welcome jane!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017

pa5t1s, meatandy, otto2 and 3 others like this.
  4. Lancelot_69 KitKat Jul 14, 2017

5. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 14, 2017

youbi, Jul 14, 2017 :
    Welcome to the team Jane . :D Now you just need to get your forum account running. :p :D

Baymax, pa5t1s, gaster and 8 others like this.
  6. G_Gabriel_Niculescu_CueH Eclair Jul 14, 2017

Sam Nakamura and G_plusone like this.
  7. eye842 Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2017

eye842, Jul 14, 2017 :
    Thanks for the weekly update. It must be exciting to get both a new member to join the team and a doggy birthday.
    So I can clearly see why there is no mention of the things that are dearest to us.... Our phones and all the new features like jelly and paint pealing around camera. Both features I really wish I could get for my OP2.

Welcome Jane did you get @jane yet?

8. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 14, 2017

Baymax, pa5t1s, luxuskamel and 4 others like this.
  9. katrae Froyo Jul 14, 2017

meatandy likes this.
  10. jkb114 KitKat Jul 14, 2017

Baymax, pa5t1s, meatandy and 3 others like this.
  11. Jangid Santosh Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

12. SnapDragon01 Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2017

pa5t1s and meatandy like this.
  13. ChrisTerp KitKat Jul 14, 2017

ChrisTerp, Jul 14, 2017 :
    Thank so for the update Chris :)

Welcome to OnePlus and the Forum Jane :)
    (My sis did her post graduate at Berkeley too)

Happy terrible two birthday Shiba :)
    Have a great one too Albertine! :)

Have a great weekend All -- and especially our French forumites celebrating Bastille Day! :)

Baymax, nirgale, pa5t1s and 4 others like this.
  14. OALEXANDER Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 14, 2017

pa5t1s, ChrisTerp and meatandy like this.
  15. Dabzz Gingerbread Jul 14, 2017

16. meatandy Marshmallow Jul 14, 2017

meatandy, Jul 14, 2017 :
    giphy (6).gif
    Albie!!! Hopefully your Momma posts some birthday pics on Instagram soon™ :D;)

Welcome aboard @jane :cool:
    see you around the forum.

stephenboyo, Baymax, pa5t1s and 6 others like this.
  17. Dukkied Honeycomb Jul 14, 2017

18. kostor Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

Ceasedd likes this.
  19. deepaksingh6691 Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2017

deepaksingh6691, Jul 14, 2017 :
    They tend to pull off the person who talk much with Family&Friends....

Get the pattern already...:rolleyes:

meatandy, pa5t1s, ChrisTerp and 2 others like this.
  20. 0llifreak Gingerbread Jul 14, 2017