Week 184: We Meet the OnePlus 5.

1. Chris dB Social Media Staff Member Jun 23, 2017

Chris dB, Jun 23, 2017 :
    forum_184 2.png

The time is finally upon us! Three years of learning, developing, and improving has all culminated in this week’s spectacular events. The launch of the OnePlus 5 is finally a reality, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. What’s more important than our excitement however, is yours. So, let us know how you feel about our latest device in the thread. This week, our focus is still on what matters. And what matters most to us is the OnePlus 5.

Focus on What Matters
    Did you catch our official live keynote on June 20? We welcomed thousands of excited fans to our online stage for the highly anticipated unveiling of our fifth flagship smartphone. After a 2-minute drumroll, @Carl took to the stage with all of the good stuff. In between a stunning camera-shoot, headphone jack jibes, and plenty of happy dog snouts, the keynote will go down in the history books of OnePlus as a resounding success. Check it out here, if you missed it. And if you don’t have 45 minutes right now, why not catch up with what went down in our 60-second recap?

Let’s Talk
    We’ve been accused of talking a pretty big game, and with the OnePlus 5 we’ve got plenty to say. So, why not talk to us about it in our upcoming AMA on /r/Android on Reddit. On Monday June 26, some of the shining stars of our staff will gather on Reddit to answer all of your questions live – rapid-fire style. Check up on @David’s thread now to learn more.

Build it
    OxygenOS on the OnePlus 5 is faster and smoother than it’s ever been, but we understand that some of you still want to scratch that customization itch. So, as we did with the OnePlus 3, we’re releasing the device trees and kernel sources for the OnePlus 5 directly to our Github page. Download them now and start building.

Raffle Time
    Can you guys think of a better way to celebrate the launch of the OnePlus 5 than with a series of new raffles? Because we can’t. Get your points ready and join our epic new giveaway on the forums for the chance to win not just one of our new backpacks, but also your very own OnePlus 5. That’s right, one lucky winner will be going home with the OnePlus 5 in our latest series of raffles. Join now.

What’s Popping?
    Following the launch of the OnePlus 5, our staff set out across the world to meet up directly with fans to hand them the new OnePlus 5 in person. We struck down in New York, London, Paris, and more. Seeing your excitement is exactly what we’re doing this for, so it was great to have you all with us in person shortly after the official launch. Take a look at some of the pictures below for a little taste of what went down.

Amsterdam Pop-up
    Amsterdam.png

Berlin Pop-up
    Berlin.png

Copenhagen Pop-up
    Denmark.png

Delhi Pop-up
    Delhi.png

Finland Pop-up
    Finland.png

London Pop-up
    London.png

New York Pop-up
    New York.png

Paris Pop-up
    Paris.png

That’ll be all for this week friends. Thank you so much for continuing to support us throughout all the ups and downs in our history. The OnePlus 5 marks another step in the incredible journey of OnePlus. But, no journey’s worth undertaking without the right company, and you guys are the best company we could ever have wished for.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2017

2. Alvie Jelly Bean Jun 24, 2017

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017

3. Gaston NP KitKat Moderator Jun 24, 2017

FAROOK, ChrisTerp, Ceasedd and 4 others like this.
  4. karpersmurf Jelly Bean Jun 24, 2017

sfomin, domlogic, SimonRam and 4 others like this.
  5. Maximus Decimus Meridius Lollipop Senior Moderator Jun 24, 2017

ChrisTerp, Kerkdriel, Ceasedd and 8 others like this.
  6. Eduard953 Honeycomb Jun 24, 2017

Eduard953, Jun 24, 2017 :
    Didn't get any goodies after waiting 7 hours in line at Berlin pop up :(. Is it possible to grab still the referral points for a tee?

funnysingkoli, FAROOK and PotatoFry like this.
  7. martagio Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 24, 2017

martagio, Jun 24, 2017 :
    Still with my OnePlus One.
    The fifth is too expensive for me.
    But I hope the points accumulated in more than three years give me luck to get the OnePlus 5 with raffles.
    #NeverSettle

FAROOK likes this.
  8. Vivek2989 Gingerbread Jun 24, 2017

funnysingkoli and Ceasedd like this.
  9. pa5t1s Lollipop Jun 24, 2017

pa5t1s, Jun 24, 2017 :
    Thanks for the summarize @Chris dB , and thanks for the OP5 spam...
    I'm pretty sure OPO- OP2- OPX- OP3- and OP3T-users (hey! I'm one of them x5) are appreciating this moment, before being forgotten...
    So many promises, so many lies...
    Welcome to the Community OP5 owners, enjoy your stay, till it lasts...

RY4N75, sfomin, _DEDSEC_ and 14 others like this.
  10. Tobikage Marshmallow Jun 24, 2017

11. sdp2391 Jelly Bean Jun 24, 2017

sdp2391, Jun 24, 2017 :
    I am crossing my fingers that Oneplus will update their camera app soon to fix a lot of the little bugs and improve issues some reviewers have been reporting. It's a shame that the focus of the phone is showing the most problems. :(

12. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 24, 2017

ChrisTerp and varma246 like this.
  13. varma246 KitKat Jun 24, 2017

varma246, Jun 24, 2017 :
    That's the real deal.... isn't it.....but it's buried along the way as oneplus evolved.
    I hope you are not talking about JB's company.

I have spotted a star along with Emily Ratajkowski in launch event.

Screenshot_20170620-221042.png

Welcome Op5 owners...have a nice stay here.
    Thanks for summary @Chris dB .

14. F_Ankit_Dhawan_RAPb Eclair Jun 24, 2017

funnysingkoli likes this.
  15. inffy Nordics POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 24, 2017

inffy, Jun 24, 2017 :
    Nobody kind of made you wait in the line. And goodies were promised to the first ones (as long as there are left).

Next time you should go wait one day before ;)

sfomin and pa5t1s like this.
  16. cybernaushad Cupcake Jun 24, 2017

17. gaster KitKat Moderator Jun 24, 2017

gaster, Jun 24, 2017 :
    Thanks for the update Chris. All went fine with the presentation. Pop-Up events looks a lot and great. Good luck with them. Go and come back safe guys. I hope one day you ll organise a pop-up event in Greece as well. All the best and have a good time :)

ChrisTerp likes this.
  18. F_Gary_Au_YxGb Cupcake Jun 24, 2017

funnysingkoli likes this.
  19. liviu_bep Cupcake Jun 24, 2017

funnysingkoli and Ceasedd like this.
  20. jlasensiofi Jelly Bean Jun 24, 2017

jlasensiofi, Jun 24, 2017 :
    Thanks once again for a new update @Chris dB , this time dedicated exclusively to that great new OnePlus 5 that butper to enjoy very soon :);)
    Never Settle

FAROOK likes this.