Week 182: We Drop the Mic, Prepare for Launch, and it’s a Pop-a-thon.

1. Chris dB Social Media Staff Member Jun 10, 2017

Chris dB, Jun 10, 2017 :
    forum_182.png
    We often talk about big and exciting weeks, without being able to explain why. This week, we can tell you exactly why the past 7 days left us gob smacked and awed. Last year, the OnePlus 3 taught us how tech is supposed to work, and in a few days we’ll find out whether the OnePlus 5 can school us once again. As if it were any surprise, this week’s update is all about the five.

Details Matter
    One of the pillars of our design philosophy is meticulousness, which is a fancy way to say ‘the devil is in the details.’ The practical benefits of lots of these tiny little details are hard to articulate. This doesn’t mean that they’re any less important than the imposing specs and design decisions that steal the headlines however. One example of this philosophy is the new and improved microphone technology featured in the OnePlus 5. But, you’re going to have to visit @Carl ’s thread to learn more about that.

Dual Camera. Clearer Photos.
    Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality. It’s hard to believe that after months of hard work, we’ve finally shared an early peek at the OnePlus 5. How much can you glean from the first official visual reveal of our upcoming flagship? Share your biggest hopes and expectations for the OnePlus 5 in the comments below.

Ready to Launch.
    And once you’ve shared your questions, expectations, fears, and dreams, make sure to jot the date of Live Launch of the OnePlus 5 down on your calendar. It’s all going down on June 20, 12PM EDT. So, set an alarm, or two, or three! You really don’t want to miss this. Internally, we’re already calling the 20th the most important day in the history of our company (Not the most important day for me personally though, that’s got to be the day my Charmeleon evolved into Charizard in Pokemon Red… But it’s a close second.) So, visit the page now and subscribe to the newsletter. You won’t want to miss this.

Lab Rats
    You know what I like most about the Lab? The fact that you’re participating in it! Wait, you haven’t signed up yet? Oh no, we’ve got to fix that. All you have to do to sign up is submit your best photos, and fill in the form on the site (right here: onepl.us/lab). Pretty straightforward, and as a reward you might be among the first to go hands-on with your very own OnePlus 5. You’ll be putting our new Dual Camera through its paces and submit an exciting review for all to see. Get ready to earn immortal glory in the #ShotOnOnePlus Hall of Fame. But, you’ll have to act fast, because we close to new entries this Sunday.

Pop Pop
    We’re about to launch our next device, so you know what that means! Pop-ups are back in full force, all around the globe. Not only will we be live in New York on the day of the launch, June 20, we’re also packing up our stuff and flying out to fans in Europe and India. Check out when we’ll be at a city near you now!

All About Service
    The growth of our Customer Service team is one of our greatest joys. Being able to rely on a great customer support team to have your back in case something goes wrong provides the sort of peace of mind that makes any purchase more worthwhile. I can gush over our team’s incredible dedication and skill for hours, but you’re better off hearing it from them yourself.

Instagram Spotlight: @Sinaina
    One look at Sinaina’s gallery on Instagram tells you all you need to do about his style of photography. It’s bold, colorful, and epic. Both his wide-open city shots and panoramic landscape photos set our mouths ajar in awe. #ShotOnOnePlus is very well-represented by stellar talents like him. Check out his gallery now, or scroll down for a quick taste of his best work.

18298613_727053960808145_4556173162399662080_n.jpg A lot more went down this week, but this is all we’ve got time for in this update. As we get closer to launch, more news will be coming in hot and fast on all of our channels. So keep an eye out. We’ll see you next week.

2. Funk Wizard KitKat Moderator Jun 10, 2017

ignoritall, Salt505 and OALEXANDER like this.
  3. Yash Bhardwaj Jelly Bean Jun 10, 2017

Android450, ChrisTerp and pa5t1s like this.
  4. Yash Bhardwaj Jelly Bean Jun 10, 2017

aris, hirakjsaha, ariblaze and 6 others like this.
  5. mr_priyanshu Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 10, 2017

mr_priyanshu, Jun 10, 2017 :
    Waterproof, dustproof with the presence of headphone jack.

aris, PotatoFry, Saif03 and 5 others like this.
  6. Yash Bhardwaj Jelly Bean Jun 10, 2017

Yash Bhardwaj, Jun 10, 2017 :
    You forgot to mention the looks of an iphone.

7. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 10, 2017

Plenkske, Jun 10, 2017 :
    Was an exciting week and lets see if it gets better and better untill the 20th :)

OALEXANDER likes this.
  8. jlasensiofi Jelly Bean Jun 10, 2017

jlasensiofi, Jun 10, 2017 :
    Many news @Chris dB, and thanks for them. Many and in my opinion all good.

The design of the new OnePlus 5, in what has appeared so far, seems to me precious. There are people who say is identical to the iPhone 7P. If as many say, from what I read in many places, the iPhone 7P is very nice, then the OnePlus 5 is very nice yes or yes. There can be no doubt, but it criticizes everything and even more without having seen it completely, as your Product Manager has very well indicated. You have to see and feel the final product and then give an opinion.

Looking forward to the outcome of the Lab contest and convinced that the double camera of the upcoming OnePlus 5 will delight photographers as well as video recording with a noticeable improvement in sound pickup such as @Carl has shown us.

I loved the video where we see the great infrastructure for customer service and the good gallery of Sinaina.

Already registered for the launch, looking forward to the 20th. Many nerves and much excitement.

Enjoy and Never Settle :);)

Kerkdriel and varma246 like this.
  9. G_plusone KitKat Jun 10, 2017

G_plusone, Jun 10, 2017 :
    Plus one that

10. ycysam Jelly Bean Jun 10, 2017

NoNoZaZa likes this.
  11. mithilmja Honeycomb Jun 10, 2017

12. Pranav Peddi Honeycomb Jun 10, 2017

giman1, Freken and macemoneta like this.
  13. Marc Setó Froyo Jun 10, 2017

Marc Setó, Jun 10, 2017 :
    The best of this Weekly Update xD

G_plusone likes this.
  14. theshinybeast Lollipop Jun 10, 2017

_DEDSEC_, ariblaze, bjorg18 and 8 others like this.
  15. Oscarem296 Honeycomb Jun 10, 2017

Oscarem296, Jun 10, 2017 :
    Please OnePlus, your devices have to had more personality, you should not copy Iphone 7 design, it's pretty, but it's not your idea.
    It should have incredible specs, like 2K resolution, no screen borders, the best camera, and of course the new snapdragon 835, lot of ram... And all of this without having an extremely high price, becouse if not it will be worthier to buy the OP3T.
    PD: Android 8 at launch could be amazing.
    #neversettle

16. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jun 10, 2017

Alvie, Jun 10, 2017 :
    If it does release on 20th, or 21st online, hopefully I'll get it by my birthday.

17. Tobikage Marshmallow Jun 10, 2017

18. Yash Bhardwaj Jelly Bean Jun 10, 2017

Yash Bhardwaj, Jun 10, 2017 :
    C'mon that's not possible.Like really?

pa5t1s likes this.
  19. theshinybeast Lollipop Jun 10, 2017

20. theshinybeast Lollipop Jun 10, 2017

G_plusone, Tobikage and pa5t1s like this.