Week 181: We Enter the Lab, Get Paranoid, and Guide a Cupcake

1. Chris dB Social Media Staff Member Jun 2, 2017

Chris dB, Jun 2, 2017 :
    forum_181.png
    Life at OnePlus is a little like the life of a nightclub owner. Every day, we spent hours trying to set up great new events for you guys to participate in. It’s our job to make sure we’ve always got the next big thing lined up. Few things make us prouder than seeing your excitement whenever we kick off a new project. But, every good party eventually comes to an end. The Weekly Update is a bit like a highlight reel of the past week’s finest.

Open Lab
    Some of you might remember last year’s grand opening of the Lab. Only the savviest were granted a spot in our OnePlus 3 review team. Every member of our review team of users had to prove his or her mettle, by sharing their best work and showing us why they were the right candidates to review the OnePlus 3. This year, we’re back at it again with an all-new edition of the Lab. This year’s candidates will need to have an eye for photography to join the Lab squad. So, shutterbugs join us for your chance to put the OnePlus 5 to the test. Check out the forum post to learn more, and if you’re ready to sign up just fill in the form on the page. So gather your best Instagram shots and join us now!

Mod Squad
    A group of talented mods can make the difference between a fun and exciting hub of tech-inspired dialogue, and total anarchy. At OnePlus, we are blessed with some of the most gifted and passionate moderators around. Whenever you’re in need of help, they’re always willing to extend a hand no matter how challenging your problem might. They play a key role in keeping the community exciting, fresh and efficient. We’d like to introduce them to you! Check out @David Y.'s thread to find out how the team can help you.

Guidelines
    Sometimes, rules are meant to be broken (I should know, when I was but a wee tiny Chris I lorded over a hoard of stolen candy hidden in my playpen. Don’t tell my mom.) But, if you’re new to the OnePlus forums it can be hard to find your way around without a couple of guidelines to help you along. The OnePlus Family is all about welcoming new members in a friendly and exciting online space. In between the latest official announcements, contests, and our OOS beta program, there’s a lot to do. To help you get a feel for what the forums are all about, @David Y. ’s prepared a little post to help you get started.

Paranoid About Android
    The team at Paranoid Android recently released a new build of their revered custom ROM. Bundled with the sweet taste of Nougat, and a move to a fully CAF-based code base, this is a pretty exciting build. Learn more about their new build and download it in their thread now. Please remember that OnePlus is not liable for any damages caused by installing custom firmware on your device. That said, if you know what you’re doing, check it out now and share your findings with us in the comments below.

Instagram Spotlight: tiagopassion
    One of the things that makes #ShotOnOnePlus special is the sheer variety of shots we receive. Tagiopassion’s gallery is a great example of this. With close-up portrait shots, mesmerizing panorama shots, and startling city shots, he’s tried his hand at many different disciplines of photography. Just take a look!

That’ll be all from us this week! Be sure to keep a close eye on the forums for more news coming soon. Enjoy your weekend, everyone.

2. Alvie Jelly Bean Jun 2, 2017

Black River likes this.
  3. camohan Lollipop Moderator Jun 2, 2017

camohan, Jun 2, 2017 :
    Interesting Week Indeed. Thanks for the update. Have a great weekend everyone.

FAROOK, anymore, pa5t1s and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jitesh Saitawadekar KitKat Jun 2, 2017

Jitesh Saitawadekar, Jun 2, 2017 :
    Can we know something about OP2 news or like always it will be ignored???

5. dsmonteiro Lollipop Community Expert Jun 2, 2017

dsmonteiro, Jun 2, 2017 :
    Would love to see this extended to other things other than photography.
    I do like to thoroughly test tech but photography isn't my strong suit.

Waiting for them to release the OnePlus 2 build. Used to love AOSPA back in the days and I'm growing tired of Lineage OS.

RKBD, FAROOK, ChrisTerp and 6 others like this.
  6. toastytoast1234 KitKat Jun 2, 2017

toastytoast1234, Jun 2, 2017 :
    Now we know why those official Nougat builds aren't coming out, the devs are too busy sniffing coke off a supermodel's thighs in the VIP room.

7. Alvie Jelly Bean Jun 2, 2017

Alvie, Jun 2, 2017 :
    I preferred last year's lab

FAROOK likes this.
  8. Alvie Jelly Bean Jun 2, 2017

Alvie, Jun 2, 2017 :
    Why isn't O being confirmed for OP3(T) mentioned here? That happened this week, right?

FAROOK and neerajlag like this.
  9. jizang KitKat Jun 2, 2017

jizang, Jun 2, 2017 :
    in Hong Kong? meaning you get raided by the po po every few hours in a night trying to find those elusive drugs! Anology being that Dev TEAM Managers are trying their HARDEST to find that elusive N Rom for OP2 :p

10. varma246 KitKat Jun 2, 2017

varma246, Jun 2, 2017 :
    Thanks For the another weekly news:rolleyes:

May be forgot to mention about pete lau official announcement about Android O Or it may be a biscuit to op3/3t userso_O (2nd one may be)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017

FAROOK, MichelMM and pa5t1s like this.
  11. Tobikage Marshmallow Jun 2, 2017

Tobikage, Jun 2, 2017 :
    What's a OP2 ?

FAROOK, ChrisTerp, MichelMM and 4 others like this.
  12. Dunnow KitKat Jun 2, 2017

FAROOK and pa5t1s like this.
  13. eye842 Jelly Bean Jun 2, 2017

eye842, Jun 2, 2017 :
    OP2 + news goes just as bad together as One Plus + truth.

MichelMM, awesomeX1 and Dunnow like this.
  14. pa5t1s Lollipop Jun 2, 2017

15. Jitesh Saitawadekar KitKat Jun 2, 2017

16. WilfredParmar Honeycomb Jun 2, 2017

WilfredParmar, Jun 2, 2017 :
    Rather than reading weekly update i love to read your comment on them. Almost every time u nailed it. ;)

17. Jeffrey98 Jelly Bean Jun 2, 2017

Jeffrey98, Jun 2, 2017 :
    Same, but it seems like OnePlus is all-in on the camera department this year... (which is a great development as the camera's on previous OP smartphones weren't exactly what you'd call great.)

Chances are my money is going to Nokia or Essential this year tho, not sure if OnePlus is still worth it if the prices keep going up.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  18. Jeffrey98 Jelly Bean Jun 2, 2017

Jeffrey98, Jun 2, 2017 :
    This is more a weekly update for the forum, not what has happened outside of the forum. And, tbh, why would they once again mention it if there are already 9000 threads about it.

19. varma246 KitKat Jun 2, 2017

varma246, Jun 2, 2017 :
    What?
    Instagram is from inside...idk that:eek:
    Link to the Instagram thread please;)

20. afr0dactyl Gingerbread Jun 2, 2017