Week 165: We welcome 128 GB, Talk Reviews and Chill with Javin

1. Chris dB Social Media Staff Member Feb 10, 2017

Chris dB, Feb 10, 2017 :
    weeky-forum_165.png

What’s up, friends? You know that feeling you get when a new love overtakes your heart? Maybe it’s the season, but we can’t seem to shake this feeling that we’ve met someone truly special. Maybe we’ll be able to tell you more about it later, when we’re feeling a little less shy. More importantly, this week’s update is 128 times more exciting than usual, learns a thing or two about photography, and likes a review.

Stock up on 128 GB

Looking for a new phone with enough power to sustain your most demanding hobbies? If so, the OnePlus 3T is still your best bet thanks to 6 GB RAM and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor. But, for those of you who like to maintain particularly massive virtual collections of stuff, we’ve got another option on in our store. The OnePlus 3T Gunmetal 128 GB is now available for pre-order! What are you waiting for? Go get it.

OnePlus 3T Reviews

We can confidently defer to our fans and the tech industry’s biggest media to help you make up your mind on the OnePlus 3T. Peter Blanco reviewed the OnePlus 3T shortly after the release of Android N. So, if you’re interested in learning more about our phone’s jump to the latest version of Android, his review is worth a watch. We were also hugely impressed by Armando Ferreira’s in-depth review of the OnePlus 3T, in which he really gets into the nitty gritty of every feature. Very insightful, and a must watch if you’re still on the fence.

Share your Home Screen

One of the first things you’ll notice when checking the phones of OnePlus fans is the amount of time and effort they put into their home screens. Whereas ours sticks close to OxygenOS’ look and feel, some of the community’s finest have truly turned their home screens into little pieces of art. Looking for a place to check them all out? This thread by @Funk Wizard has been popular since shortly after the release of the OnePlus 3, and still attracts plenty of new home screens today. Why not share your own little masterpiece in the thread?

Chilling on Instagram with Javin Lau

The OnePlus offices had a surprise visitor this week in the form of early OnePlus fan and photography hotshot Javin Lau. When it comes to the world of photography, Javin is as bold as he is talented. His audacious shots are often taken at great heights. More than just pushing the limits of OnePlus cameras, Javin takes special shots wherever he goes. Did the desire to globetrot catch you the minute you looked at his pictures the way it did us? Some of you might have also caught Javin’s photography tips on Instagram Stories earlier this week. They sure taught us a thing or two about how to take great low-light shots, and the use of RAW photographs. Missed out on Javin’s tips? Don’t worry, we’ve got plenty of exciting tips and content lined up for our Instagram Stories channel, so keep an eye out for those.

Before we leave you, we’ve got a special guest on next week’s Weekly Update! What questions have you always wanted to ask @Carl ? Ask them in the comments below and maybe they’ll be answered by Carl. Three questions submitted in this week’s Weekly Update will be answered next week.

That’ll be all for this week, friends! See you next week with a new Weekly Update.

2. pablofg1978 KitKat Senior Moderator Feb 10, 2017

pablofg1978, Feb 10, 2017 :
    Thanks for the update @Chris dB !
    My question for @Carl will be if Oneplus has any expansion plan for more countries in south america (like Argentina, Brazil and Chile).
    Thanks!

gaster, 3volts, SoniaB and 4 others like this.
  3. Mr. BG Lollipop Feb 10, 2017

Mr. BG, Feb 10, 2017 :
    Oh+thanks+for+the+info+did+not+know+that+_5058d2244f9f1ada8d91fd1c5ef3a48f.jpg

Greetings from those left behind.

Will there ever be some love for the OnePlus 2 and OnePlus X owners?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017

4. dsmonteiro Lollipop Feb 10, 2017

dsmonteiro, Feb 10, 2017 :
    Thanks for the weekly update, @Chris dB!

Is the OnePlus 2 getting Nougat?

That's the main one.

5. Rick Manders Jelly Bean Senior Moderator Feb 10, 2017

Rick Manders, Feb 10, 2017 :
    or is the OPX still going to get updates (camera)... I think that one is also right up there.

jaimal_tandel, pwseo, script and 9 others like this.
  6. Tobikage Marshmallow Feb 10, 2017

Tobikage, Feb 10, 2017 :
    Of course it is !!

The great almighty @Carl said so himself in his infamous XDA interview......where he says..."we never promised anything...."
    Oh wait.... That's a "promise" as well though. :rolleyes:

tenor.gif

7. Leonard Muke Froyo Feb 10, 2017

Leonard Muke, Feb 10, 2017 :
    Hi Carl, will the OPX still get updates like 3.5 or maybe a 7.0 Beta? This would be very nice. :)

Chris: Thanks for the Update!

Mr. BG likes this.
  8. pa5t1s Lollipop Feb 10, 2017

pa5t1s, Feb 10, 2017 :
    Thanks for the update @Chris dB
    No question to @Carl for the moment: I don't use my OP2 any longer, Nougat is running fine on my Nexus, my wife is using my OP3 to take pictures instead of her OPX.

dsmonteiro and Rick Manders like this.
  9. DRCH Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator Feb 10, 2017

10. gusuraman Lollipop Head Moderator Feb 10, 2017

gusuraman, Feb 10, 2017 :
    Questions have been asked in Carl's threads.
    Threads that he didn't even bothered to read (he's not online since he posted his latest thread).
    So far the only question he answered is the one that is not asked since ages (and was already answered multiple times btw).

Maybe this time will be different
    So, my question is:
    What does it really mean to you (you Carl, not oneplus) this community?

11. lutti KitKat Feb 10, 2017

lutti, Feb 10, 2017 :
    @Carl Are you going to settle on the new high prices of OnePlus phones or are the prices continuing to rise forever? Are we ever going to see OnePlus phones look like OnePlus phones?

meatandy likes this.
  12. Lancelot_69 Jelly Bean Feb 10, 2017

Lancelot_69, Feb 10, 2017 :
    Great update!
    Question for @Carl I would like to know if op5 will have volte. Please!!! Let's get this question asked and answered before it is released and let it be know!

meatandy likes this.
  13. 3volts Donut Feb 10, 2017

3volts, Feb 10, 2017 :
    I just bought the 128gb version. Been waiting for that one for a while.
    Its an amazing phone but i hope that Oneplus team starts focusing on getting improved camera software to make the best possible out of it.

14. pwseo Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 10, 2017

pwseo, Feb 10, 2017 :
    This is THE BEST QUESTION (really, it's fantastic!): is OnePlus ever going to grow a pair and be honest with their customers? I think this pretty much sums up all the questions related to every single fuckup they've been responsible for.

15. gaster KitKat Senior Moderator Feb 11, 2017

gaster, Feb 11, 2017 :
    Thanks for the update @Chris dB. I wish all the best for this year.

My question is if the OnePlus X and OnePlus 2, ll get more updates like the Androind N. Many people in my country asking me so giving me your lights, would be great :)

16. AntMunny Jelly Bean Feb 11, 2017

Mr. BG likes this.
  17. Chirag AM Honeycomb Feb 11, 2017

tajzu likes this.
  18. bharat2110 Froyo Feb 11, 2017

19. jlasensiofi Jelly Bean Feb 11, 2017

jlasensiofi, Feb 11, 2017 :
    Thanks for another great news update @Chris dB!!!!! ;):)

Great photos of Javin Lau, whom I follow on Instagram.

Awesome reviews, and every day more marvelous and in love with OnePlus.

My question to Carl is repetitive, so I apologize in advance. Now that we have an RGB histogram when viewing the information of the photos, will they include a histogram, at least luminance, on the photo application screen? The progress that has been made when viewing it in the information of the photos is very good, but it is only seen when you have already taken the photo, and what I think is needed is to have it in the moment to do it to correct the necessary parameters.

With the histogram visible at the time of the photo, the application of the camera would rub against perfection.

Thanks in advance!!!
    #NeverSettle

20. onepluskitty Froyo Feb 11, 2017

onepluskitty, Feb 11, 2017 :
    My question to Carl:

Despite having such fast UFS storage, why does the OP3 only support USB 2.0?

Thanks!