Week 160: We Uncover Nougat, Start From Zero, and Meet Emily

1. Chris dB Social Media Staff Member Jan 7, 2017

Chris dB, Jan 7, 2017 :
    weeky-forum_160.png
    Happy New Year, everybody! At the start of every year, we find ourselves at the foot of a mountain. This year we will face plenty of new challenges and obstacles as we try to one-up last year’s performance. Our ambitions grow bigger by the day, and with your support we have every reason to dream big. It’s about time to get back on the trail. Let’s scale our next mountain, together!

A Winner is You

Throughout the month of December, thousands of OnePlus users submitted their best photos to our contest on Instagram using the “#ShotOnOnePlus” hashtag. Picking an ultimate winner was anything but easy, and we would like to thank everyone for participating. Check out the winner here.

A Year On the Forums

The forum has always lived a life of its own, thanks to its vibrant and growing community. Some threads made us laugh, while others made us think. No matter what, we could always find something to do on the OnePlus forums. 2016 was no different, and we think the competition for thread of the year is going to be plenty fierce this year. We’ll be sure to submit our own suggestions, @SoniaB!

Sweet News

We ended 2016 with a bang in the form of a new update for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. Many have already had the chance to update to the latest version of Android, and we hope to finalize our global release very soon. Alongside the full suite of features that put Android N on the top of everyone’s tech wish list, this update also packed a number of exciting changes to OxygenOS designed to further streamline your user experience. Find out more about our step up to Android N in the thread.

Pair Up All The Things

For years, we’ve been looking for new ways to turn OnePlus devices into more than just phones. With our new Type-C OTG Cable you can hook-up your phone to nearly any USB device. So, if you ever wanted to turn your phone into a desktop or boom box, this little cable might be just the thing for you. Learn more about it here and find out how to order.

Emily explains Dash Charge

Explaining exactly how our charging tech works can be tricky business. It took months to piece together how to make the fastest charging technology. So, it’s no surprise their explanation of the tech made our heads spin. Luckily, we knew just the person to call to explain the tech to us in a fresh, new way. You don’t want to miss this Dash Charge explanation by Emily Ratajkowski.

The Winning Sound

Our FIIL Review Contest attracted some truly talented audiophiles. Many of you proved you had a knack for reviewing, so we really had to scrutinize every submission in order to finalize our reviewer selection. These ten talented reviewers will soon receive their own pair of FIIL carats, and let us all know what they think of these earphones. Find out more about this contest here.

Ground Zero

The Ground Zero ROMs have always had an enviable reputation, being known for their flexibility, wide range of features and constant updates. After the release of Validus, the first Ground Zero ROM, on Jelly Bean, two more ROMs were added to the Ground Zero family. Previously, we cast a spotlight on TipsyOS, a ROM that impressed us greatly. Tesla, the other member of the group, is also worth a look. All three of these ROMs are completely open source and readily available on XDA. With a unique Night Theme, Expanded Desktop, Dynamic Navigation Bar, and plenty of other handy features, these ROMs are all worth your attention. Check them out here and let us know your thoughts on these ROMs in the comments below.

Concepts of the Future

Whenever we catch one of our fans trying to catch lightning in a bottle with their own phone concept, we can’t help but feel inspired. As far as mock phone designs are concerned, the ModuX designed by @SamuraiKitty does very little wrong. If you’ve ever found yourself daydreaming about the phones of the future, this inspiring fan-made product video is worth a watch.

That will be all for this week friends. We hope you enjoyed a great start to the New Year. Let’s make 2017 a year to remember.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2017

Sun90, pbergonzi, Baymax and 37 others like this.
  2. SoniaB Level: Marshmallow Moderator Jan 7, 2017

SoniaB, Jan 7, 2017 :
    Bring it on @Chris dB [​IMG][​IMG]

Congrats again to the FIIL review winners. Looking forward to in particular, the reviews from @fonzobreaker @Jeffrey98 @jonitfcfan and @MarkLR

@SamuraiKitty - Really pleased to see your work being recognized. Congrats my friend [​IMG]

Sun90, pbergonzi, 9167871150 and 15 others like this.
  3. dsmonteiro Level: Lollipop Jan 7, 2017

Sun90, SamuraiKitty, Mr. BG and 5 others like this.
  4. runboy93 Level: KitKat Jan 7, 2017

runboy93, Jan 7, 2017 :
    Thanks for the weekly updates! OxygenOS 4.0.1, I hope we see it soon (and even more I'm waiting January security updates...)

5. Ceasedd Level: Marshmallow Jan 7, 2017

Ceasedd, Jan 7, 2017 :
    I needs one of them type c OTGs.:cool:*replays dash charge video cause you know..... Emily*

6. fonzobreaker Level: Froyo Jan 7, 2017

SoniaB likes this.
  7. gaster Level: KitKat Senior Moderator Jan 7, 2017

SamuraiKitty, ChrisTerp and SoniaB like this.
  8. martinusbe Recognized developer Jan 7, 2017

9. Mr. BG Level: Marshmallow Jan 7, 2017

10. jlasensiofi Level: KitKat Jan 7, 2017

jlasensiofi, Jan 7, 2017 :
    Thanks for the new update @Chris dB ;):)
    Android N goes wonderfully, some minor minor bugs that I have already moved to support and is a real wonder. The management of the battery is fantastic.
    Now to look forward to all the news of 2017 and congratulations to all the winners.
    Never Settle

11. davidtb Level: Éclair Jan 7, 2017

12. ChrisTerp Level: KitKat Jan 7, 2017

ChrisTerp, Jan 7, 2017 :
    Thanks Chris for the beginning year update. Saying that, all the best for you and OnePlus in 2017. Looking forward to seeing what's in the cards for OnePlus' future and new products and services. :)

SoniaB likes this.
  13. Maximus Decimus Meridius Level: Marshmallow Moderator Jan 7, 2017

SoniaB, calvinistmac and ChrisTerp like this.
  14. ayushkesarwani Level: Cupcake Jan 7, 2017

15. Kerkdriel Level: Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2017

Kerkdriel, Jan 8, 2017 :
    Just ordered my third OnePlus phone!!! Hope I will be happy with the OnePlus 3T

16. F_Tomasz_Zakościelny_zv Level: Gingerbread Jan 8, 2017

17. meatandy Level: Marshmallow Jan 8, 2017

meatandy, Jan 8, 2017 :
    Indeed @SamuraiKitty is a pretty sharp cookie , just a shame @girrafe
    wasn't interested in helping out...

SamuraiKitty likes this.
  18. SamuraiKitty Level: Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2017

SamuraiKitty, Jan 9, 2017 :
    Wow, this really is awesome, thank you guys so much! :D I will definitely continue to post my work here, but I might move out of smartphone concepts for a while and try something different. Oh, and @meatandy, giraffe doesn't matter anymore, there is someone else now ;):rolleyes:

Once again, thank you @Chris dB and everyone else for all the support!

19. Joern85 Level: Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

Joern85, Jan 9, 2017 :
    What about the camera blobs? You should've released them weeks ago! What's the point in presenting custom roms but not support the development by releasing camera blobs? I'd like to switch to a custom rom but the poor camera quality keeps me sticking to OOS :(

20. go8soccer Level: Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 9, 2017

go8soccer, Jan 9, 2017 :
    Emily... all that talk about heat, performance, water, and pipes...
    glad to hear my 3T won't explode like all of those Note7's out there... :p

pbergonzi and aris like this.