1. Intruder71 KitKat Feb 13, 2018

Intruder71, Feb 13, 2018 :
    What's that smell.........
    Oh it's only Mr Bullshit again....
    You should stop now lol

otto2 likes this.
  2. G_laki_shetty_OQjY Honeycomb Feb 13, 2018

G_laki_shetty_OQjY, Feb 13, 2018 :
    Mister my shit. You stop the nonsense. I didn't responded to your question. Probably i got a right person to converse on technical things how it works. Rather simply commenting bullshit here.

3. Intruder71 KitKat Feb 13, 2018

As I said my dog knows more than you about anything technical as he doesn't talk about things he has no clue about unlike you...

otto2 likes this.
  4. G_laki_shetty_OQjY Honeycomb Feb 13, 2018

Then dog is right match to you

5. Intruder71 KitKat Feb 13, 2018

Looks like English... But makes zero sense typical from you...

otto2 likes this.
  6. Sheik_Yerbouti Honeycomb Feb 13, 2018

Sheik_Yerbouti, Feb 13, 2018 :
    1. If packet switching is the tech which Jio uses, and if you turn it off, then on what technology will video calls work on?

2. That's probably because it gets included in your free data plan. Also, see THIS link, point #13. If video calls don't need internet, then why is Jio counting your video call data against your data plan? Are they cheating you?

3. Once again, if you're actually disabling the internet connection, then what technology is the phone using to transmit all the voice and video data?

otto2 likes this.
  7. Intruder71 KitKat Feb 13, 2018

I gave up with tech speak as it's beyond him...
    I'll chat to the dog instead :)

otto2 and Blue-agila like this.
  8. G_laki_shetty_OQjY Honeycomb Feb 13, 2018

So do you want to say anything that uses packet switching technology is active data connection??

9. Intruder71 KitKat Feb 13, 2018

Ok what are "packets" explain
    I'm going to tear you apart...
    Waits for uneducated reply...

otto2 likes this.
  10. G_laki_shetty_OQjY Honeycomb Feb 13, 2018

Yes. You are correct..

11. Intruder71 KitKat Feb 13, 2018

Come explain without Google or if you do use Google you'll save me the job of making you look even more stupid as you'll do it yourself...

otto2 likes this.
  12. hardeepx Gingerbread Feb 13, 2018

hardeepx, Feb 13, 2018 :
    Here for easy understanding ...;););)

Q.How does video call work?
    A.There are 2 ways to implement video calling using HW with 3G Circuit Switched Video Call which are charged through cellular and 4G ViLTE Video Call which are charged through data. Apps like skype,duo,whatsapp have native api's for video call which work over data.

Q.Why does not OP have native video calling ? xiaomi phones have it :(
    A. First understand that android SDK does not enable video calling by default due to the large variety of phones and fragmentation of OS on these phones. Manufacturers like xiaomi are using custom and/or 3rd party API code in ROM to enable the feature.OP so far has not touched the android code to enable this feature in oxygen os. i am sure the codecs like h.263/264,vp8/9 are supported by the phone but not enabled.

Q.Why does not OP enable native video calling?
    A.OP oxygen rom is pretty much similar to stock android on code most of the customisation is at an UI level and with google also moving towards integrating Duo calling in the native dialer chances are you are not getting a patch or fix soon from OP. Maybe, some custom build mod or rom can enable this in future but thats the way it is right now.

Q.But Jio...
    A.Read their T&C on how they work and its not the only operator in the world.. adding and enabling video calling option to the dialer is no guarantee that a user on carrier A can call carrier B.

and someone please close this thread now...

13. Bobbie63 Lollipop Feb 13, 2018

Bobbie63, Feb 13, 2018 :
    Of course it is, what else? The only thing is data is bundled in smaller packages, so more clients can use the same connection to transfer, to say it in a very simplyfied way.

14. Sun90 Lollipop Feb 13, 2018

Sun90, Feb 13, 2018 :
    It's nothing to do with law of physics.
    Xiaomi phones do have this feature ,where in you can make direct video calls without data on JIO network.
    But the catch here is that,both ( caller and receiver)have to be on Xiaomi phones with JIO network.
    Now how this work without data here with Xiaomi and JIO is not of any importance to me ,since I don't use both;)

15. Bobbie63 Lollipop Feb 13, 2018

Bobbie63, Feb 13, 2018 :
    Nor is it to us. :p

Still we seem to respond to this again and again. :p Just a habit I guess.

otto2, ghostofcain and Sun90 like this.
  16. Sun90 Lollipop Feb 13, 2018

Sun90, Feb 13, 2018 :
    No.
    You are wrong there to some extent.
    Since packet switching can happen either connection less ( ethernet or internet protocol) or connection oriented (like TCP)

otto2 and Bobbie63 like this.
  17. Sun90 Lollipop Feb 13, 2018

Sun90, Feb 13, 2018 :
    Well not everything we say might be true and not everything we hear is wrong at times.

But when we tend to over react at times ,when it's uncalled for is what makes the difference here.

otto2, ghostofcain and Bobbie63 like this.
  18. Praveenf8 Cupcake Feb 13, 2018

19. elanglois KitKat Feb 13, 2018

elanglois, Feb 13, 2018 :
    That is not true. The UI is lying to you or you don't understand it. Everyone else is wrong but you? Try again

otto2 likes this.
  20. G_laki_shetty_OQjY Honeycomb Feb 13, 2018

Its your turn to explain. So either you are not correct not me..