Video call over VoLTE (No net required) - Feature is Missing

1. deep_marsonia Froyo Feb 13, 2018

deep_marsonia, Feb 13, 2018 :
    Let me clear what i want to say. I just requesting the Video calling freatue in Dialer that uses Voice Over LTE(Long term Evolution) berrier to videocall and that perticular feature dosen't require ACTIVE internet connection.

2. Sheik_Yerbouti Honeycomb Feb 13, 2018

Sheik_Yerbouti, Feb 13, 2018 :
    Let me clear what i want to say. I just requesting the Video calling freatue in Dialer that uses Voice Over LTE(Long term Evolution) berrier to videocall and that perticular feature dosen't require ACTIVE internet connection.​

1. If it doesn't require an active internet connection, how does it transfer all the voice and video data? Magic?

2. If it doesn't require an active internet connection, then why does Jio State that all video calls will count towards your data plan?

3. deep_marsonia Froyo Feb 13, 2018

Kindly Check out in this feature on Two Oneplus 5T with Jio sim. It's work.

And i dosen't need to read Jio's Terms and conditions, Everything Works perfectly.

4. ghostofcain KitKat Feb 13, 2018

ghostofcain, Feb 13, 2018 :
    There is no magical way, even for Jio, to transfer your Video stream, or if you prefer DATA. You clearly misunderstand the technology.

I'm not, with the above assertion, denyng that Jio have video calling, just that it CANNOT work without a data network and it categorically doesn't use the Vo(ice over)LTE protocol as that is designed to transmit VOICE alone.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

5. Sheik_Yerbouti Honeycomb Feb 13, 2018

You didn't answer my question: HOW does it work without a data connection?

Yes, you don't need to read their T&C's because you don't want information that might contradict what you know. It's tough to admit you are wrong about something. :)

6. deep_marsonia Froyo Feb 13, 2018

Just do practical with two oneplus 5T that supports this features. With Jio sim on both

7. Sheik_Yerbouti Honeycomb Feb 13, 2018

Let's talk theory, not practicals. Cos you clearly misunderstand HOW it is working.

8. akuadi Froyo Feb 13, 2018

akuadi, Feb 13, 2018 :
    just post the prove that you can video call over volte without data on any phone..than everyone will believe you.. it simple.. dont just bla3 without any prove.. its doesn't make any sense..

9. deep_marsonia Froyo Feb 13, 2018

i don't mean ANY PHONE. Only phone that supports Videocall over Volte, For example Oneplus 5T, Xiomi Mi A1 with Oreo

10. akuadi Froyo Feb 13, 2018

akuadi, Feb 13, 2018 :
    so post the prove..whatever phone that support that videocall over volte without data.. show us the prove..

11. Sheik_Yerbouti Honeycomb Feb 13, 2018

I've seen videos and I know it works. My point is that it still needs a data connection. The phone UI may show that it is off, but logically it makes no sense.

Please explain how a feature that is used to enhance VOICE calls helps make video calls?

12. Bobbie63 Lollipop Feb 13, 2018

Bobbie63, Feb 13, 2018 :
    they fun part is people seem to think it's free. Yes you don't pay as long it within you data limit, every call will cost you data.

But now the fun part. Both, the one making the call as well as the receiving end will be charged data.:p:p:p:D:D:D

And it uses aprox 300MB per 10 minutes.

13. Sheik_Yerbouti Honeycomb Feb 13, 2018

lol fools!

otto2, Bobbie63 and Intruder71 like this.
  14. G_laki_shetty_OQjY Honeycomb Feb 13, 2018

G_laki_shetty_OQjY, Feb 13, 2018 :
    You are the fool. Where are you living on this earth? For god sake the magic of video call without data connection switched on happening in India with xiaomi phones on jio network. Are you thinking that without checking that I am going to ask about it. Fyi. You don't know how to check the thread properly and you are talking about me. Go back and check for the video link i posted in this thread to prove i am correct. Where are these people come from? Boss i am network engineer and i knew about them. Just talking the words doesn't mean I can agree with you.

15. Intruder71 KitKat Feb 13, 2018

Intruder71, Feb 13, 2018 :
    Here he is Mr i know nothing but bullshit... tell us how it works without data connectivity please we need a laugh ...

otto2 likes this.
  16. Sheik_Yerbouti Honeycomb Feb 13, 2018

I'm not going to answer your questions if you don't answer mine first. If you are a network engineer, then you should have no trouble answering the questions below:

1. If it doesn't require an active internet connection, how does it transfer all the voice and video data? Magic?

2. If it doesn't require an active internet connection, then why does Jio State that all video calls will count towards your data plan?

otto2 and G_Julio_Mendoza_SLaf like this.
  17. ghostofcain KitKat Feb 13, 2018

ghostofcain, Feb 13, 2018 :
    @Bobbie63 @Sheik_Yerbouti maybe we are being hasty here, maybe the laws of physics do not apply in India @Sun90 care to comment?

18. Intruder71 KitKat Feb 13, 2018

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

otto2 and Nezumi_ like this.
  19. Sheik_Yerbouti Honeycomb Feb 13, 2018

otto2 and Intruder71 like this.
  20. G_laki_shetty_OQjY Honeycomb Feb 13, 2018

G_laki_shetty_OQjY, Feb 13, 2018 :
    1. I knew that jio calls work based on packet switching technology rather circuit switching. Which is similar protocol like TCP%IP. But it is not.

2. For me jio never charged from my data plan for any video call and voice call in the data plan.

3. Moreover i observed in oneplus mobile that, I just need internet to initiate the voice call and i am still abke to continue the call if i disable the internet in between.