Vibration discrimination

1. ruun666 Eclair Apr 21, 2017

ruun666, Apr 21, 2017 :
    Why people who don't like Wi-Fi have ability to turn it off?

Why people who don't like vibration are forced to use it?

ed.etamasan likes this.
  2. Dresa91 Lollipop Apr 21, 2017

Dresa91, Apr 21, 2017 :
    You can turn off vibration?
    or what vibration do you mean?

kylesweet, rahulmurugkar and Sun90 like this.
  3. Wahoux KitKat Apr 21, 2017

4. ruun666 Eclair Apr 21, 2017

ruun666, Apr 21, 2017 :
    fingerprint login vibration
    notification slider vibration
    android pay vibration
    and all vibrations in apps that don't allow to turn vibration off

i don't want ANY vibrations

kylesweet and ed.etamasan like this.
  5. Dresa91 Lollipop Apr 21, 2017

Dresa91, Apr 21, 2017 :
    then go root your phone and stop crying

Sun90, SimonRam and Praty_28 like this.
  6. SimonRam KitKat Apr 21, 2017

SimonRam, Apr 21, 2017 :
    Is your finger very sensitive?

7. ruun666 Eclair Apr 21, 2017

ruun666, Apr 21, 2017 :
    I don't want to sacrifice security of my device.

ed.etamasan and pa5t1s like this.
  8. ruun666 Eclair Apr 21, 2017

9. SimonRam KitKat Apr 21, 2017

SimonRam, Apr 21, 2017 :
    Then what's the problem? It's more a haptic confirmation that you've unlocked or paid. Other than those it's not used for anything else is it?

Sun90 likes this.
  10. elanglois KitKat Apr 21, 2017

elanglois, Apr 21, 2017 :
    Remove the vibrator from your phone and put it ...

Android phones vibrate sometimes.

And what are you talking about with WiFi? Never heard of someone not liking WiFi. That's like saying you don't like food. And yes you CAN turn it off.

OOS can't do anything about an app using the vibrator, well, they could, but it isn't the OSs job. Tell the author of the app. OOS (at least beta) can stop a notification from vibrating ... try that on TouchWiz!

freddyabbes likes this.
  11. dominos50 Froyo Apr 21, 2017

12. ruun666 Eclair Apr 21, 2017

ruun666, Apr 21, 2017 :
    For some people probably yes. But not for all of us. I'm pro choice. I would like to decide on that. Lack off toggle switch is bad design.

ed.etamasan and pa5t1s like this.
  13. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 21, 2017

youbi, Apr 21, 2017 :
    Yeah, just ask about it to the Beach Boys. :p

Now a bit more serious.

Those vibrations are there just to let you know when it has actually worked, and to be honest I don't really find them evasive, quite the opposite, since they really help.

May I ask why exactly you don't want them on? If we where talking about vibration while typing or pressing the capacitive buttons I would agree with you, since that's something you constantly do and rapidly becomes annoying (I always turn that off), but the ones you refer are different, so I'm just trying to understand the reason for that request.

14. ruun666 Eclair Apr 21, 2017

ruun666, Apr 21, 2017 :
    Good idea but that would lower resale value of my OP3.

15. ruun666 Eclair Apr 21, 2017

ruun666, Apr 21, 2017 :
    I don't need additional confirmation. When I'm unlocking it's pretty clear if attempt was successful or not. Same when I'm doing Android Pay payment, terminal is giving me beep sound confirmation.

ed.etamasan likes this.
  16. pa5t1s Lollipop Apr 21, 2017

pa5t1s, Apr 21, 2017 :
    Maybe, that's what she didn't say?

17. pa5t1s Lollipop Apr 21, 2017

pa5t1s, Apr 21, 2017 :
    Since when?
    As far as I know, the Operator System is responsible of the 'hardware' interface exposed to applications.
    Does an application want to send out a sound? the system (OS) can mute the speaker(s) first.
    Does an application want to vibrate? the system (OS) is able to intercept the request and void it.
    As a Linux lover and power-user, that sounds strange (once again) in your mouth/post...

sfomin, mayursawant and Sun90 like this.
  18. pa5t1s Lollipop Apr 21, 2017

pa5t1s, Apr 21, 2017 :
    That should be something you can set according to your preferences, like sound, theme or any resource else. The request/remark is definitely right.

Sun90 likes this.
  19. elanglois KitKat Apr 21, 2017

Complain to Google!

freddyabbes likes this.
  20. elanglois KitKat Apr 21, 2017

That's not the way Android works. And OOS isnt a power-user's OS. It's just like Google saying they couldn't revoke permissions in the old permission model. Sure it can! They said apps would crash if permission were denied .... so don't deny the permisson, give them a fake response! If you want access to my contact list and I say no, you can get an empty contact list. Xposed can do it.

And yes, I would love to have an OS that has all these things, but from a business standpoint, OnePlus hasn't been in the power-user OS market since the OPO. Oxygen is supposed to be close to pure Android, so they arent going to go against the mothership. Like I said, they "could" but its not really the job of Android. The apps are supposed to give you the option on an app by app basis and the vibrate is there for people that shove the phone in their pocket and need to know the screen just unlocked.

You have a large number of users that are simply confused by adding another setting, so they need to keep things dumbed down. And how many people want the OS to override app settings so you now have two places to turn it on/off (I can hear it now ... I turned on my vibrator but it doesn't work ... sounds like a personal problem)? It's not worth the hassle for the few people that are THAT annoyed by it.

Maybe someone will finally port Xposed, or ... here's a solution. Someone has a method to crank of the vibrator to make it stronger. Maybe a kernel tweak? I forget, but I bet you can drop the intensity to 0 so that its off. Solved for the 1 person with a phone so bad-*** that they can't find something more important to ***** about than the vibrator burping when you unlock.

freddyabbes, ruun666, Sun90 and 2 others like this.