[UPDATE] OxygenOS 1.0.3 with the latest Stagefright patches

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbergonzi KitKat Sep 3, 2015

pbergonzi, Sep 3, 2015 :
    Thank you for your timely conscientiousness.

eddboi455 likes this.
  2. pbergonzi KitKat Sep 3, 2015

pbergonzi, Sep 3, 2015 :
    Oh--I see you did it again and got it--very good.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015

3. pbergonzi KitKat Sep 3, 2015

pbergonzi, Sep 3, 2015 :
    DO NOT exactly follow the installation instructions from the link in the original post--those instructions are for a zip installation file that is itself contained within the downloaded zip file, necessitating the extraction of the installation file from the downloaded zip file.
    THIS 1.0.3 zip file IS the installation file--DO NOT try to extract it prior to placing it in your installation folder.
    @Helen--the instructions for installing the original OOS do not apply exactly to the 1.0.3 installation file.
    I know it's only one step that should be obvious, however computers and users can be very literal.

guywong likes this.
  4. pbergonzi KitKat Sep 3, 2015

pbergonzi, Sep 3, 2015 :
    Speak for yourself.

5. Plusmember Donut Sep 3, 2015

Plusmember, Sep 3, 2015 :
    @Helen

Hi Helen and the people at Oneplus!
    I am one of those people that believed in your company and thought that it was worth to invest my money not only in your product but in your whole company. I have bought 3 Oneplus One phones and shared over 10 invites that has been used to buy the OPO. We who bought the OPO made it possible for you to be able to produce OPT. We took a chance when we bought the OPO. We took our hard earned cash and believed in Oneplus. Now I have to say, you gave us a Flagship killer, a top notch device for half of the price of the other flagships from the big players like LG, Samsung and HTC. I have had many phones, started with the Samsung Nexus S, HTC one X, Samsung S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung S4, LG Nexus 5, LG G3 now I have my OPO and my LG G4 and I am waiting for the new Nexus device to come. Why am I waiting for the new Nexus and not the OPT you may ask? Because your SOFTWARE AND UPDATES ARE SHiiiT! SHI'T SHI'T SHI'T! I regret to have bought this F#ucking OPO. Fırt everything was great with updates from Cyanogen, everything worked great but for every new update the battery got worse and worse. In the beginning I hade 6h screen on time but now it's down to half that time. And your own OS Oxygen? It's worse, it's buggy, has a terrible battery time. People makes ROMs that is better than OxygenOS and CyanogenOS together! And it's funny because Oneplus and Cyanogen have people that get payed for that job and they can still not give us a OS that is better then the homemade ROMs out there. You give us Oxygen but no OTA's. We have to flash it manually every time. I understand that the OPO is a phone for those who can flashing, rooting and so on. But when you sell a phone you don't Tage for granted that every customer should be able to do all these things. OK that we had to flash Oxygen manually when we changed from CyanogenOS. But why do we have to flash all the updates? Why not send it trough OTA? And when you fix the stagefright thing why don't you fix the battery draining issues people have complained about in months? And when do we OPO owners, the real Oneplus supporters, the originals get the OxygenOS 2? It feels like Oneplus doesn't give a FCUK about us... You don't even answer the questions about the matter. I am sick and tired of the Oneplus attitude. You sold us a good phone the OPO but with terrible customer service, terrible software and updates you have made many of us regret that we bought the OPO. If Oneplus gave me the Oneplus Two for free I wouldn't take it! It will have great software and updates at the beginning sure but later it will collapse like the OPO I think. I think it's smarter to save the a little more money and buy a phone from other big manufacturers. Now a days there is other Big Chinese manufacturers that provide good phones it great software and support for good price. If Oneplus keeps on with this Bullshit I believe that we won't see the Oneplus 3.

6. pbergonzi KitKat Sep 3, 2015

pbergonzi, Sep 3, 2015 :
    You sure are.

This thread has nothing to do with wakelock fix, OTA, or OOS v2, and has nothing to do with your petty demands. This thread has an updated OOS that addresses Stagefright vulnerability, about which OnePlus has been conscientious and prompt.
    OOS on the One was a freebie--the One came with CM11s, so no one owes you anything if you installed OOS--that was your prerogative. If OOS isn't sufficient for you, go back to COS.
    OOS was released less than 5 months ago, so you are out of place if you are insisting there be a major update to OOS v2 in that time. I certainly wouldn't expect a major re-build in anything less than 6 months, and you shouldn't either.
    There is NO OTA for OOS, and since OnePlus told us when it was released that there will probably NEVER be an OTA, then stop demanding OTA.
    As for installing 1.0.3 easily, without having do do a reset or wipe, etc--IF AND ONLY IF you are currently running OOS, you can dirty flash right over it to get the Stagefright vulnerability fixes. You won't lose settings, your own data, etc. ABSOLUTELY make a nandroid backup of your current phone state first.
    Do not ask me what "dirty flash" is, or how to do a "nandroid backup"--google is your friend in these cases.
    If you must whine and demand, do it in the appropriate threads--stop hijacking the ones that sincerely interested users need. Gawd, I really hope there are no appropriate threads.

mastasanuh likes this.
  7. Plusmember Donut Sep 3, 2015

Plusmember, Sep 3, 2015 :

Buuuuhuuuuu don't cry! Poor little boy buhuhu...

9968100020 and reylimo like this.
  8. iamelton KitKat Sep 4, 2015

iamelton, Sep 4, 2015 :
    anbody who has flashed 1.0.3 care to tell if there is any issue?

9. static555 Cupcake Sep 4, 2015

static555, Sep 4, 2015 :
    It's not a "freebie" it is an officially released manufacturer firmware so it must be supported properly.

be.sandeepgupta likes this.
  10. ratneshbhai Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 4, 2015

11. be.sandeepgupta Gingerbread Sep 4, 2015

be.sandeepgupta, Sep 4, 2015 :
    Yes Its not freebee, infact one having issue in CM12S oneplus customer care support team recommends installing oxygen os and tell it shall fix all issues.
    So definately if we trust them and install this os they should also support this OS.
    Launching oneplus 2 doesnot means forget oneplus one. many users are still having oneplus one. And if Apple can support 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6S then how difficult it is for one plus to support just 2 models.

Moreover any brand can keep its name it can provide good after sales service, its not just sell and forget. COS 12.1 is horrible than oxygen OS. So there is no much stable ROM available for one plus one which user can stick to.. Dont tell all rooting and installing custom kernels and all... thats not expected fom every user. We just need a good OS which keeps frequently updated to make the best use of HArdware we have in oneplus one.

9968100020 likes this.
  12. abhicool67 Eclair Sep 4, 2015

abhicool67, Sep 4, 2015 :
    Went to the Airtel store today!
    Unfortunately, they were done giving the invite for today..
    Saw the phone though, it had Grounding Issue with it!!
    Still confused whether to buy it or not if grounding issue persists!

13. nandanbhat Cupcake Sep 4, 2015

nandanbhat, Sep 4, 2015 :
    Just a question: If I have OxygenOS 1.0.0 on OPO, how do I update to 1.0.3 using the download link here?

be.sandeepgupta likes this.
  14. be.sandeepgupta Gingerbread Sep 4, 2015

be.sandeepgupta, Sep 4, 2015 :
    @nandanbhat: First Flash oxygen os 1.0.2 update in the link provided by Helen under topic oxygen os 1.0.2
    Then flash 1.0.3
    U need t simply download the two files shared go in recovery and apply update.
    I had done this using oneplus one recovery not TWRP recovery this oneplus recovery got installed when I installed oxygen os 1.0.0

15. RonaldM Honeycomb Sep 4, 2015

RonaldM, Sep 4, 2015 :
    Works fine here, nothing new, nothing broken...

iamelton likes this.
  16. doomsd4y Gingerbread Sep 4, 2015

doomsd4y, Sep 4, 2015 :
    I want to try OxygenOS but i want to wait for 2.0

In this release what is not working?

17. Zach1928 Honeycomb Sep 4, 2015

Zach1928, Sep 4, 2015 :
    Did you just wipe cache & dalvik prior to flashing?

RonaldM likes this.
  18. iamelton KitKat Sep 4, 2015

iamelton, Sep 4, 2015 :
    i dont think its necessary to flash v1.0.2 prior to flashing v1.0.3.. every version is a self-contained complete package that can be flashed on top of other roms or earlier oxygen os versions..

pbergonzi likes this.
  19. Zach1928 Honeycomb Sep 4, 2015

Zach1928, Sep 4, 2015 :
    Does this flash the OnePlus recovery? I'd like to do it with TWRP and keep TWRP on my phone

20. fxguru77 Jelly Bean Sep 4, 2015

fxguru77, Sep 4, 2015 :
    Nice going one plus team you guys are funny update!! After almost every company updated their phones never setle !!
    One plus just settled it looks like