[UPDATE] OxygenOS 1.0.3 with the latest Stagefright patches

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. be.sandeepgupta Gingerbread Sep 2, 2015

be.sandeepgupta, Sep 2, 2015 :
    Why is this not available as OTA, do we need to keep flashing updates like this always?
    Also when can we expect some feature enhancement and bug fixes which exist in oxygen os?
    I liked it over CM because of simple and clean stock experience. But we expect some more to have OEM feel of oxygen os with oem branding and oem apps like camera with 4K ability , gallery with in built photo editor, brightness control settings like in CM , oem theme and icon pack

2. reylimo Froyo Sep 2, 2015

3. haimn Froyo Sep 2, 2015

JonhyDread likes this.
  4. bobbybabaletskOS Honeycomb Sep 3, 2015

bobbybabaletskOS, Sep 3, 2015 :
    just security fix, the stagefright patches should be coming weekly. Sorry, no wakelock fix

mastasanuh and pbergonzi like this.
  5. ananthusankar Cupcake Sep 3, 2015

ananthusankar, Sep 3, 2015 :
    Helen, i downloaded bith zip files. But itz showing that md5 file is error and cannot be installed, while flashing. Anything to help me ?

6. ananthusankar Cupcake Sep 3, 2015

ananthusankar, Sep 3, 2015 :
    I downloaded both the files from here. But it is showing that the md5 file is error. And cannot continue the flashing. Can anyone help me ? Am already on oxygen os 1.0.2

Attached Files:

7. rhariharan Cupcake Sep 3, 2015

rhariharan, Sep 3, 2015 :
    how is the O2 OS, compared to CM?
    i am having a huge stagefright :p, backing up 64gb of just to run into even more problems.

8. edy8 Froyo Sep 3, 2015

alexanderchan likes this.
  9. azeez4901 Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 3, 2015

azeez4901, Sep 3, 2015 :
    Oxygen development is too slow for me.. if you try COS12.1.1 you will never go back to oxygen...yet.. atleast not untill they release 12.1.1 or 5.1.1

RonaldM likes this.
  10. johmss Honeycomb Sep 3, 2015

johmss, Sep 3, 2015 :
    Could someone please give us a quick impression about 1.0.3?

I'm worried about signal, wi-fi and google play services.

Truth is: oxygen is not that bad overall. Stock android is slimple, intuitive and works pretty well. COS has may options, but some user (me included) don't tweak all of it.

But people would love Oxygen OS. Please tell us what to expect.

I'm not trying to tell @Helen or anyone from Oneplus how to do their work, but I can tell, from the customer point of view, (something apparently they aren't).

We know Oxygen is optimized for the OPT and OPO gets a ported version. But what are you currently porting?. 2.0? 2.0.2.? 2.1? Will it be 5.1?

Are you working parallel? Or hoping to make the best OS possible and then port it to OPO?

Seriously Oxygen is a great initiative, is completelly yours (and un some romántica way, ours as well) that the beauty of using ir.

But we cannot use what we don't have
    Or what we don't need

Edit: Never Settle

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015

11. ka_manish Gingerbread Sep 3, 2015

ka_manish, Sep 3, 2015 :
    Try flashing after deleting md5 file.

12. stcareca Froyo Sep 3, 2015

stcareca, Sep 3, 2015 :
    Why do moderators ignore us when we question why hasn't OxygenOs 2.0 come to the OPO? Why aren't the updates to OxygenOS 1.0.X OTA? Why don't they fix the recurring bugs? We're not asking for the phone to shoot laser beams (would be cool though), we're asking some well deserved attention. @Helen

bobbybabaletskOS and ips15 like this.
  13. mevicks Gingerbread Sep 3, 2015

mevicks, Sep 3, 2015 :
    Oh Great! But no Thanks... Downgrade a phone from 5.1.1 --> 5.0.2 in the name of stagefright ? LOL

14. frumse Cupcake Sep 3, 2015

frumse, Sep 3, 2015 :
    Is it possible to flash directly if you come from Oxygen OS 1.0.0. And if you can do so, will I loose all my data or can you do it without a total reset?

15. bulletmark Honeycomb Sep 3, 2015

bulletmark, Sep 3, 2015 :
    Yes, each is a full image. Just flash it, e.g. via TWRP, and then clear dalvik/cache before you boot. You won't lose anything.

Spexi and frumse like this.
  16. static555 Cupcake Sep 3, 2015

wyzerd likes this.
  17. wyzerd Eclair Sep 3, 2015

wyzerd, Sep 3, 2015 :
    I don't think I am going through this yet again. From what I have been told, just shutting off Auto-retrieve under MMS settings eliminates stagefright vulnerability from v1.0.2. This flashing is a major PITA for something I don't use at all. It is well overdue that OTA gets turned on. You are going to have to have it for the promised V2 anyway, so just get it done.

18. Racpu_ Froyo Sep 3, 2015

Racpu_, Sep 3, 2015 :
    @Helen, can you explain to users of Oxygen OS and OnePlus One why not launch updates by OTA and do not fixed the problem of google services wake looks?

I think i do not care about the support given to the OPO, now only support the OnePlus 2, if so we will let the users to follow OnePlus brand.

I await a reply, if they hear us.

19. nelfihs Eclair Sep 3, 2015

nelfihs, Sep 3, 2015 :
    @Helen to me particularly, this situation of make a new install every time you free a new build is annoying, we the OPO customers deserve a first class attention, we buy it smart phone and we deserve support of its part, and in contrast you treated us like a third class citizens, but we are not, we are first class citizens, your first one, for that we deserve a good service, OTA and updates like Oneplus Two, forget about Cyanogen OS and do a great job.

20. alexanderchan Cupcake Sep 3, 2015

alexanderchan, Sep 3, 2015 :
    We need OPO OTA update . Requiring a full wipe and install is kinda ridiculous for us using this OS.. please create a OTA for this.

ips15 likes this.