Battery/Charging Unified OP3T battery thread

1. G_Rajiv_Tiwari_ycRj Cupcake May 14, 2017

2. vallabh budhkar Gingerbread May 14, 2017

3. G_Karthik_Narayanan_dBbm Cupcake May 14, 2017

G_Karthik_Narayanan_dBbm, May 14, 2017 :
    It typically depends on the back end apps that keeps running when the phone is ideal. Install some monitoring app to monitor the device status should help.

4. Dunnow KitKat May 14, 2017

Dunnow, May 14, 2017 :
    yeah, tips that say, "stop all processes on your phone"

that means, your "smartphone" becomes a "dumbphone" that only gets internet connection and runs app while the app is on the screen, just like the iPhones do.

no thanks, I like my apps syncing data on the background, so I do not have to keep them on all day.

5. Danish_iam Eclair May 14, 2017

Danish_iam, May 14, 2017 :
    mine used to go over a day but now it is back on track.. Max is 17hours without using much internet.

6. quaddropop Honeycomb May 14, 2017

7. Siddhantpathak71092 Cupcake May 14, 2017

8. G_T._A._CxNO Honeycomb May 14, 2017

G_T._A._CxNO, May 14, 2017 :
    the only solution for battery drain is a new update.

I tried EVERYTHING, but it didn't work.

9. inffy Nordics POC Assistant Head Moderator May 14, 2017

10. G_Bilal_Ahmad_KUtg Cupcake May 14, 2017

11. warun07 Cupcake May 14, 2017

warun07, May 14, 2017 :
    Oneplus 3T started heating up while on charge and without using any app.. strangely it heats up even after switching off the phone and charging
    I am using the new fat charger.

12. dlento Cupcake May 16, 2017

dlento, May 16, 2017 :
    Not really a major issue with the battery (which is amazing), but is it normal for the phone to be 'awake' while charging, never really noticed it before so was wondering if its because of an OTA or anything of the sort.
    Included screenshot (its the last bit where the charging is in sync with awake), and am currently using official cable without the dash charger.

edit: and just as a note Stay Awake in dev options is turned off, and OK Google detection is completely disabled so it probably isn't because of those.

Attached Files:

13. G_rajesh_dansena_Puli Cupcake May 16, 2017

G_rajesh_dansena_Puli, May 16, 2017 :
    Hey devs and 3/3T fans, My onePlus3 battery is lasting just 10-12 hours. Is anyone else facing same issue after Android 7.1.1 Oxygen4.1.3 upgrade? If anyone have any solution please share. Now adays i need to charhe twice in a day.
    PS :
    - Using LATE data whole day.
    - No gaming
    - Usually I do WhatsApp and light weight apps only and most of the time the device is in ideal mode.

14. G_rajesh_dansena_Puli Cupcake May 16, 2017

G_rajesh_dansena_Puli, May 16, 2017 :
    can you elaborate any way of finding the problem?

15. ShredMeister Gingerbread May 16, 2017

ShredMeister, May 16, 2017 :
    Sure, the main thing is to ensure your phone properly engages deep sleep when it should. An application like accubattery can help monitor that, but the main Android battery graph is also clear. You want to see the device awake and screen on pretty much aligned. There might be more of a difference if you are out and Google services are working to follow your location, but in a normal day, when you are at home, with good signal and connected to a WiFi network, your phone should sleep like a baby. Now, if you experience poor battery life, it is more than likely that it does not and that's where you need to start investigating which apps are keeping your phone up.

KRISHANU SINGH likes this.
  16. KRISHANU SINGH Gingerbread May 16, 2017

KRISHANU SINGH, May 16, 2017 :
    Apps that have not been updated for a long r usually the culprit. Introspect ur phone and delete unnecessary apps. Also use manual brightness upto 15-20%. This might help improve battery life.

17. emichel2001 Donut May 16, 2017

emichel2001, May 16, 2017 :
    i have nougat 7.1.1 and i think it goes better than marshmallow in my OP 3T so... think is fixed :)

18. Vasilachi Eugeniu Gingerbread May 16, 2017

Attached Files:

19. F_Sourav_Chakraborty_wnP Froyo May 17, 2017

F_Sourav_Chakraborty_wnP, May 17, 2017 :
    Many users are comparing about oneplus 3/ 3t's battery back up. I feel its good enough for a phone with high end specs and 6gb of ram battery takes a lot of pressure a phone with 2 to 4gb of ram a mid range snapdragon 625 or lesser than that with 3000 mah to 3500 mah would give an excellent battery back up but then you are settling for that not high end oneplus provides the latest and the best in mobile computing and with so much power and 6gb of enormous ram battery is not gonna be like those that i mentioned but as far as i am concerned its neat and does a very good job a soc of more than 7hrs is wonderful for me and in a flagship getting that with keeping in mind the price range its good enough. Now it depends on what kind of a user one is a heavy gamer a social geek a camera lover a person whose always on calls or a simple normal user like me. I use it to take an hour of maximum calling, casual half an hour of gaming, clicking random pictures, using the wifi frequently to access social media, listen to music and few videos now and then and some frequent use and the battery lasts me more than a full day till the phone drops to 5 percent from 100 and that is wonderful for me. Love the phone oneplus 3t and the brand the hard work they put in into their device and with the frequent updates they are always bringing some new enhancements making the device even better and what's best i have never ever faced any lag or slow down of this device so far in more than 8 months of my usage.
    View attachment 532525

20. adhish_np Froyo May 17, 2017