Trade In. Get Cash Back.

1. Steven G. E-commerce Staff Member Jul 4, 2017

Steven G., Jul 4, 2017 :
    Friends,

We’ve been blown away by your reception of the OnePlus 5. With its combination of impressive specs, elegant design, smooth experience, and stellar dual camera, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of reasons to upgrade. But, what about your current phone? Why let your old devices collect dust, if you can trade them in and receive a voucher or cashback. Sending us your old devices isn’t just good for your wallet, it also good for our planet. Check our program page now to find out whether your device is eligible. Whether it’s an old tablet or a phone that just doesn’t measure up anymore, we accept a wide range of different devices to make it easy for anyone to pick up the OnePlus 5.

Here’s how it works:

Situation 1: You want to order the OnePlus 5 ASAP, and want to trade in an old device. The trade-in process can take up to 6 weeks to complete, and we understand that you might not want to wait that long to pick up your OnePlus 5. So, we’re giving you the option to order your OnePlus 5 first and trade in an old device and receive cashback later. Here’s what you need to do:
    1. Go to https://oneplus.net/5 and order your OnePlus 5.
    2. Select the device you would like to trade-in and submit your OnePlus 5 order number at https://onepl.us/support/topic/trade-in to start the trade-in process.
    3. Complete a questionnaire on the condition of the device you are looking to trade-in for an estimate of its trade-in value.
    4. Once you’ve submitted your trade-in request, we’ll send over a courier to pick up your device.
    5. After your device has been picked up the courier, we’ll perform a final assessment of your device to determine the trade-in value. If the final valuation of your device is lower than the quoted estimate, you have the option to either accept the new value or ask us to return your device.
    6. Your cashback will be restored to your credit card or PayPal account in the form of a direct refund, and if the value of your trade-in is higher than your OnePlus 5 order we’ll also send you a supplementary voucher to be used in any of our stores.
    Situation 2: You want to trade in an old device, but don’t want to order the OnePlus 5 right now. You can still trade in your old device if you haven’t ordered the OnePlus 5, and aren’t planning on doing so any time soon. In this case, you’ll receive a voucher.
    1. Select the device you would like to trade-in at https://onepl.us/support/topic/trade-in to start the trade-in process.
    2. Complete a questionnaire on the condition of the device you are looking to trade-in for an estimate of its trade-in value.
    3. Once you’ve submitted your trade-in request, we’ll send over a courier to pick up your device.
    4. After your device has been picked up by the courier, we’ll perform a final assessment of your device to determine the trade-in value. If the final valuation of your device is lower than the quoted estimate, you have the option to either accept the new value or ask us to return your device.
    5. Receive a voucher to be used at oneplus.net. All vouchers are valid for 6 months, starting the day they’re awarded.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: I want to trade in a device that’s not listed on the website, what do I do?
    A: We are always updating our list of eligible devices. So check back soon if your device isn’t listed right now, we might add it to our website in the coming months. If your device isn’t listed on our site, we are always open to helping you recycle your devices without compensation. So, if you have any old devices lying around that you would like to recycle in a responsible way, you are welcome to send them in.

Q: The trade-in value of my device has changed since the last time I checked, what happened?
    A: All trade-in values are constantly updated to stay in line with going market prices. This means the estimated trade-in value of your device may change over time.

Q: How many devices can I trade in at a time?
    A: As of right now, you can only trade in one device at a time. If you’re trading in your device for cashback, this means you can only trade in one device per OnePlus 5 order.

Q: What happens to my old device after you receive it?
    A: We have joined hands with our friends over at LTG to make sure your old device is recycled in an environmentally conscious way. When it comes to thinking green, few are better than LTG. With over 14 years of global experience in remanufacturing, reusing, and recycling they’re the perfect partner to make our trade-in program a success. With their help, you can rest assured that your old devices will never end up on the grey market as is, but will be reused responsibly to eliminate waste.

Q: I live in ---, can I trade in my device?
    A: We are working hard to expand the coverage of our trade-in program. As of right, only our users in the EU can make use of our trade-in program. This includes the following regions: Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Slovenia, Slovakia, United Kingdom.
    Is your region not listed? Don’t worry, in the coming months the trade-in program will become available in the following regions: Austria, United States, Canada, Hong Kong. India still under planning.

We look forward to offering new features in the near future, so please keep an eye on our channels for updates. Thank you for taking an interest in our trade-in program. Happy trading!

Never Settle.

2. AnnieLeonheart Gingerbread Jul 6, 2017

3. Tobikage Marshmallow Jul 6, 2017

Tobikage, Jul 6, 2017 :
    They're claiming giving actual money ?

I thought they were giving people peanut's instead. :D

4. Tobikage Marshmallow Jul 6, 2017

5. Nithin_Joseph Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 6, 2017

Nithin_Joseph, Jul 6, 2017 :
    I think they're gonna, but place them upside down [e]1f602[/e]

6. Ceasedd Marshmallow Jul 6, 2017

Ceasedd, Jul 6, 2017 :
    Thanks but I donate my old devices to starving phone less children so they can order pizza.
    (Your prices suck ***,shitty marketing department)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017

7. jpts Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 6, 2017

jpts, Jul 6, 2017 :
    In a hurry to get rid of jelly phones and start manufacturing OP5T with display not upside down? :rolleyes::p

100€ for my perfect OP3, this must be a joke, right? :D

8. lostLambda KitKat Jul 6, 2017

Xatyazt, nemani22, aris and 33 others like this.
  9. punitvaria Honeycomb Jul 6, 2017

punitvaria, Jul 6, 2017 :
    Do you have this offer in India ?

G_Rohit_Reddy_SvzL likes this.
  10. abrarkhan Gingerbread Jul 6, 2017

abrarkhan, Jul 6, 2017 :
    Good point and they are doing so..

Tobikage likes this.
  11. abrarkhan Gingerbread Jul 6, 2017

abrarkhan, Jul 6, 2017 :
    I value your One Plus 5 not more than INR 9999/-($154.41) as per the market condition and price..

12. KostasV Honeycomb Jul 6, 2017

13. pa5t1s Lollipop Jul 6, 2017

pa5t1s, Jul 6, 2017 :
    This trade-in program is a joke.
    There are 4 possible prices: 0€ 50€ 100€ or 150€
    0€ has the highest occurrence (obviously) : whenever you check a 'bad' item in the list, price=0€
    For example: I sent my OPX for a screen repair at the 'official' OnePlus Center -> price=0€
    If I uncheck this 'feature' in the list, price=50€

TL;DR: it's a joke, an insult, a steal...

14. Tobikage Marshmallow Jul 6, 2017

Tobikage, Jul 6, 2017 :
    Can you read ?

If yes , then read the ******* entire opening post first before asking a question.

15. dcmcc24 KitKat Jul 6, 2017

dcmcc24, Jul 6, 2017 :
    This is a rip-off. You would have to be really dumb to take part in this. Makes OnePlus some good money though I guess.

16. G_Anshul_Singh_bWDD Cupcake Jul 6, 2017

17. punitvaria Honeycomb Jul 6, 2017

punitvaria, Jul 6, 2017 :
    My midtake. Didn't read full article.

Praty_28 and Tobikage like this.
  18. Satras Honeycomb Jul 6, 2017

19. Satras Honeycomb Jul 6, 2017

Satras, Jul 6, 2017 :
    Ok, just found it.

100€ for a 3? I get around 250€ on ebay.

20. Jitesh Saitawadekar KitKat Jul 6, 2017

Jitesh Saitawadekar, Jul 6, 2017 :
    [​IMG]