Touchscreen issues? We hear you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Co-founder Staff Member May 8, 2015

Carl, May 8, 2015 :
    Over the past few weeks, we’ve seen a substantial amount of feedback regarding touchscreen issues. Before an informed response could be given, first we investigated the case thoroughly. We wanted to get the full picture of what could be causing this issue, as well as prepare a number of solutions.

Although percentage-wise the number of touchscreen cases is very small, we understand that our user base is very vocal. We take your feedback seriously and have been putting the One through a battery of tests and determined that there are different issues at play, some software and some hardware. We have, and will continue, to stand behind our products and honor warranty.

Working closely with Synaptics, we will soon be releasing a final firmware fix. If you would rather not wait and are experiencing any issues, touchscreen or otherwise, please contact our support team. We are constantly making changes and improving our service level. If a previous interaction with support left you unsatisfied, we encourage those who believe their devices are affected by this issue to try again.

As always, our users are our number one priority and we would like to thank you all for your patience and continued confidence in us. Never Settle.

Update (May 10): While processing these cases, we've noticed that there's some confusion regarding what is in warranty and what is out of warranty. If your device is in warranty, we will happily take care of it for you. If your display is cracked, phone is water damaged, or in any other way out of warranty, you will be charged a fee to have these issues fixed. If you're unsure, please refer to our warranty terms or ask our support team. As always, we're here to help.

Update (May 15): The new firmware is ready and under testing. Early signs are very encouraging for the small amount of users who have been having touchscreen issues. If after the update you still face issues, our support team is on standby ready to help!

Last edited: May 15, 2015

2. TeamValor91 Lollipop Community Expert May 8, 2015

TeamValor91, May 8, 2015 :
    Thank you for listening to the people with these issues! :)

Will the software update be only for OxygenOS? What about C OS 12?

doekus, chingy69, iDreams7 and 63 others like this.
  3. Tobikage Marshmallow May 8, 2015

4. lnxpro Jelly Bean May 8, 2015

5. carl2210 Honeycomb May 8, 2015

zenorith, portree2k, Ceasedd and 3 others like this.
  6. orhanusta Gingerbread May 8, 2015

7. DaxNagtegaal Lollipop May 8, 2015

DaxNagtegaal, May 8, 2015 :
    Great to hear that you're working on a software fix, but what really needs a fix is your customer support.

A phone that doesn't respond to touch when it gets warm is completely useless with summer coming up.

8. finaldentiny Lollipop May 8, 2015

9. HeartFoxx Froyo May 8, 2015

10. Gauthamarun Ice Cream Sandwich May 8, 2015

Gauthamarun, May 8, 2015 :
    Wow, hahah I happened to tweet at you maybe 4 days ago about this. Glad you're aware :)

11. pirata_1985 Marshmallow May 8, 2015

12. Milad KitKat May 8, 2015

Milad, May 8, 2015 :
    This makes me happy things are done seriously because synaptics is a reputable company.

I hope things go smooth for the ones that have issues. I don't have it tho.

13. Nilesh Sajnani KitKat May 8, 2015

PRK.R, lnxpro, GeertBerkers and 7 others like this.
  14. Dheeraj.exe Honeycomb May 8, 2015

Dheeraj.exe, May 8, 2015 :
    Thanks for listening, I'll buy oneplus again (I had returned my purchase due to this very issue) if final fix worked.

15. NumbPT Gingerbread May 8, 2015

NumbPT, May 8, 2015 :
    So a software fix will decrease the global weather temperature? Anyway make this hapen and i will keep buying stuff from you.

16. Maury74rm Lollipop May 8, 2015

Maury74rm, May 8, 2015 :
    Never settle molla l'opo two

fedonis, toni88, GeertBerkers and 7 others like this.
  17. pirata_1985 Marshmallow May 8, 2015

18. Maury74rm Lollipop May 8, 2015

Maury74rm, May 8, 2015 :
    più opa ops ota per tutti!!!

fedonis, toni88, GeertBerkers and 9 others like this.
  19. xoqes88 Jelly Bean May 8, 2015

xoqes88, May 8, 2015 :
    The people have spoken. And I'm glad that you heard!

But @Carl why are you still assuming that it is a software issue? People in here still claim that it isn't

jjppttccbb, EmzeO, fedonis and 15 others like this.
  20. guilleml Gingerbread May 8, 2015

guilleml, May 8, 2015 :
    First of all, thank you for the news, finally!
    Second, so is it a software issue? can you be more specific? what's causing it?

Can we have this fix now even if it's a beta? Because a lot of us barely can use our phones.