This is what oneplus launcher should be

1. Baymax Lollipop Nov 14, 2017 at 10:35 PM

Baymax, Nov 14, 2017 at 10:35 PM :
    Oh. I guess that is why I keep seeing the bandana at the middle going from side to side constantly...

Should we just the cut the rope in half?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 10:40 PM

2. meatandy Marshmallow Nov 14, 2017 at 11:43 PM

meatandy, Nov 14, 2017 at 11:43 PM :
    Answer my question first .:p Yes you should
    ?

rusty264 likes this.
  3. BeingIncog Jelly Bean Nov 14, 2017 at 11:44 PM

rusty264 and meatandy like this.
  4. JeezusCoops Jelly Bean Nov 14, 2017 at 11:45 PM

JeezusCoops, Nov 14, 2017 at 11:45 PM :
    The reason is
    People just don't wanna appreciate the uniqueness of things !

With all those stupid cupcakes asking for "faceID" of apple, not realizing that its dependent on hardware.
    With all those people asking for those stupid color filters for camera app.
    With all those people asking for portrait mode on both front and back camera.
    With all those people asking for TouchWiz features.
    With all those asking for stuffs from iOS.

The OP is no different from such examples(or at least his approach was)
    The OP gets offended when we say "use the app you like", how foolish is that

In that case, demand for a "OnePlus made WhatsApp" , "OnePlus made Facebook ", "OnePlus made Instagram " how about that huh...(i might have gone off track but it kinda relates)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:57 PM

Bobbie63, xxixx, dsmonteiro and 7 others like this.
  5. BEARZINGA Gingerbread Nov 15, 2017 at 12:21 AM

rusty264 and JeezusCoops like this.
  6. Baymax Lollipop Nov 15, 2017 at 12:36 AM

Baymax, Nov 15, 2017 at 12:36 AM :
    Undecided. Can't really decide when Lawnchair is third party and OOS launcher (Launcher3) is one specifically created for OnePlus products from stock launcher. Heck, add in Sense Home and Razer's Nova launcher to this comparison too... There is just something about the freedom to have the device how you want it... I highly doubt that Lawnchair is even up to a state where anybody can adopt it if they wanted to do so for the main launcher of a device.

In other words...

Kinda...

No...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 12:57 AM

7. Ibanezer88 Cupcake Nov 15, 2017 at 12:54 AM

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 1:11 AM

8. Themurtuza Honeycomb Nov 15, 2017 at 5:59 AM

Themurtuza, Nov 15, 2017 at 5:59 AM :
    OP = Owner of post?
    Right? Or smthng else
    Excuse my ignorance

JeezusCoops likes this.
  9. Android450 Lollipop Nov 15, 2017 at 6:00 AM

JeezusCoops and Themurtuza like this.
  10. Themurtuza Honeycomb Nov 15, 2017 at 6:07 AM

JeezusCoops likes this.
  11. Themurtuza Honeycomb Nov 15, 2017 at 6:08 AM

12. Bobby2223 Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2017 at 6:10 AM

Bobby2223, Nov 15, 2017 at 6:10 AM :
    You can't expect something like that to be out for general usage. Idea of a smartphone is to keep it simple. Those who want to take the other way always have lot of custom ROMs.

Your logic cannot support this guy speaking on behalf of whole community about what is being right and what is wrong. I'd call that idiocy. You like something, you just install it and have fun. You can't say having something else is correct and what is in place is completely wrong.

Users have variety of choices and yes that's where android excels over iOS. But arguing something correct and others to be wrong is nothing but wanting to limit the choice of a user and drive it back to iOS.

If he likes lawnchair, let him use it. I hate lawnchair. How can he force someone who hates it to have it on their device? I don't have it and won't wish to. Idea of me getting rid of it is completely off topic. You can't give statements as what is right and what is not

13. Bobby2223 Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2017 at 6:15 AM

Bobby2223, Nov 15, 2017 at 6:15 AM :
    More than that OP is so blunt that he don't want to use a third party app but bring out OnePlus launcher as Lawnchair!

Heights of foolishness.

meatandy, rusty264 and JeezusCoops like this.
  14. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan KitKat Nov 15, 2017 at 6:18 AM

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Nov 15, 2017 at 6:18 AM :
    commenting without reading, and more importantly without understanding, is another example of idiocity.

no one spoke here of making anything complicated or thrusting anything on someone. all the OP said is to make features available as an option, which is correct from a user point of view because the user won't have to look elsewhere.

what makes it unnecessary and "bloat" as some people call it (without understanding the meaning of bloat) is the amount of on-going work required behind the scenes and the impact it has on device performance and battery life.

having a feature as an option, in itself, is always welcome.

rusty264 likes this.
  15. G_Abhimanyu_Gupta_NBou Eclair Nov 15, 2017 at 6:23 AM

BeingIncog and JeezusCoops like this.
  16. Bobby2223 Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2017 at 6:27 AM

Bobby2223, Nov 15, 2017 at 6:27 AM :
    That isn't an opinion on his mind. He just bluntly says 'Yes' / 'No' and I don't think that's any different from forcing it on others. There are many people speaking on behalf of 'everyone' but at a point they stop unlike OP. We need to understand giving out opinions is welcome but being blunt isn't.

and coming to 'commenting without reading' I understood what you said, but the concept of making many features available to everyone isn't welcome. You might be in a position to handle it but many out there feel it should be simple and clean. This results in multiple apps simple and complex. As long as we have choice, we should be fine using alternatives! Differ?

JeezusCoops likes this.
  17. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan KitKat Nov 15, 2017 at 6:43 AM

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Nov 15, 2017 at 6:43 AM :
    too much is being made out of grammatical errors, use of "we" as opposed to "I", etc. nothing wrong with using "we". 2 people make a "we". and I bet you there are atleast that many for every suggestion made.

that said, we hate bloat not because it takes space on our device, but more so because of the effect it has on our usage experience.

while it is impractical to ask for all the features in the world and expecting it not have any impact on performance and battery life, there is nothing wrong in having a feature as an option, hidden under advanced settings. so if a user is uncomfortable, let him not access that menu. that menu should also have an option to revert back to default basic settings.

again what constitutes a bare minimum? even that can be debated.

G_Mohamad_Noor_FlMN likes this.
  18. rusty264 Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 15, 2017 at 8:49 AM

meatandy and JeezusCoops like this.
  19. Bobby2223 Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2017 at 9:22 AM

Bobby2223, Nov 15, 2017 at 9:22 AM :
    Exactly. Can be debated, but just go through his posts and you can see his blunt answers. I'm against him being blunt and not against idea of liking or not liking certain features being baked in. Can always discuss where there's some point small or big.

And speaking of that, you already know there's a feedback area where the OP could submit his feature requests.

20. Bobby2223 Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2017 at 9:23 AM