The Real problem

Do you want oneplus to implement the changes i suggested above?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
  2. No

3 vote(s)
  3. Can't say

1 vote(s)
  1. KoushikC Eclair Jan 2, 2018

KoushikC, Jan 2, 2018 :
    All the useful threads will be read by the OnePlus developers and since you tagged them, I'm sure they will look into this thread but read only your first post and not the following posts ;)

Ph3NoM likes this.
  2. Dunnow KitKat Jan 2, 2018

Dunnow, Jan 2, 2018 :
    Developers do not read. At best, some people, from the bug hunting or admin, will , LUCKILY read something and report it to the team. No single dev has ever participated actively on the forums.

Don't talk as if they did, people will actually trust your empty words.

Let's say things for what they are.

Hydra Bob and Charmacas like this.
  3. [GG] Jelly Bean Jan 2, 2018

[GG], Jan 2, 2018 :
    How did you get to this conclusion?

4. TurboBot Froyo Jan 2, 2018

TurboBot, Jan 2, 2018 :
    The View 10 is indeed a killer phone for what it seems it will be sold for. But, as far as camera performance goes, it doesn't seem any stronger than the 5T. I did watch the reviews on YouTube as well as analyze the presented photos (I'm waiting for a real camera review with full-resolution photos and EXIF data in tow), and the View 10 as a whole package is inferior to the 5T. With photography, it's on par, its main advantage over the 5T being notably better resolved detail and sharpness in moderate and low-light scenarios. The 5T's color balance is less artificial and more accurate (not really a pro, more preference there), and it tends to have better exposure and dynamic range, especially in moderate to good light, in which conditions the View 10 tends to jack up the contrast too much. Video is where the 5T really gets a leg up over the View 10, given the View 10 lacks stabilization of any kind, and color rendition and dynamic range in videos seems to be quite poor. The 5T has solid gyroscope EIS in all recording modes, save for 1080p60, where the second camera is used (?), and dynamic range and color rendition is better than the View 10's. But, the View 10 still has slightly sharper video. With all that said, I do think that the View 10 has a far better implementation of a dual camera system than OnePlus has, being able to take natively monochrome pics, combine data from both sensors, as well as "widen and narrow" the camera's aperture.

I have stated previously, from all of the photos I have seen from the 5T, that the camera wasn't bad. And it's not. But, the looming issue for OnePlus' stock camera software is the absolutely outrageous denoise application, since this seemed to be the only method OnePlus utilized in order to "mask" the outrageously high ISO values the camera shoots with in that app. In lower light scenarios, images from the OnePlus 5T have little to no noise, usually, the exceptions being when the ISO is too high for the software processing's overly aggressive denoise application can't mask (ISO2000+). A higher ISO than smartphones using OIS makes sense, as it's necessitated by the much faster shutter speed needed for stability. But, OnePlus' software tends to lock at 1/17/sec shutter at anything below moderate light...in other words, there needs to be more variance in shutter speed depending on the situation, in order for ISO values to be lowered slightly, and the denoise doesn't have to be so outrageously applied--more detail retention and better sharpness along with some visible grain makes for a better photo than one with virtually no noise and a lack of sharpness and resolved detail.

For now, there are solid third party applications that do have good auto modes and a bevy of manual controls to utilize (Open camera, Camera FV-5, Bacon Camera to name a few) that will improve the photography experience you receive from the 5T, given they better handle denoise in images. But, this is the first thread in this entire forum I have been to attempting to reach out to OnePlus about this camera issue in a calm and collected manner, as opposed to other threads where it's a literal pattern of people whining and crying about having "the worst camera on a smartphone" without providing photo evidence, then the few that do provide photos are mostly ignored. If they aren't, then it's idiots whining about how the good photo(s) posted is (are) the exception(s), and taking the more mediocre/poor photos with HDR on in low-light and such.

5. Ph3NoM Gingerbread Jan 2, 2018

Ph3NoM, Jan 2, 2018 :
    Thankyou for the appreciation brother. Your inputs are very well on point. I myself have seen the camera's ISO to crank upto the highest possible value of 9600 when the lights get dim. 3rd party apps are only a saving grace for the time being. I myself use Google HDR+ mod on my phone. But the fact still lingers, if oneplus was not confident about its software processing, why did it omit OIS? Just to cut costs? Mi 6 from Xiaomi is cheaper than the 5T and still features 4-axis OIS in it. I am seriously hoping for a better software processing from Oneplus this time around.

h_kashyap and TurboBot like this.
  6. jaivaghela Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 2, 2018

jaivaghela, Jan 2, 2018 :
    I absolutely love the OnePlus 5T but yes I must admit the camera although by no means bad is the weakest point. I have taken some pretty stunning shots but leaving out OIS had affected camera performance for photographs in a negative way. Overall a decent shooter but the hardware is very capable of a lot more than what it does now.

Ph3NoM likes this.
  7. Ph3NoM Gingerbread Jan 2, 2018

Ph3NoM, Jan 2, 2018 :
    Google did take a chance with EIS in the Pixel 1 last year but they did not leave anything this time with the Pixel 2(OIS+EIS). I was hoping the same with 5T after the mistake oneplus did with the 5 earlier.

h_kashyap and jaivaghela like this.
  8. SimonRam Lollipop Jan 2, 2018

SimonRam, Jan 2, 2018 :
    Very interesting and in depth, thanks for that. I've been doing a little reading about it too. To be honest I'm not into the video use, just a snap or two. I've had a couple of oneplus phones, the one and three which, don't get me wrong I have enjoyed. The camera on the one was actually very good for a snap, the three less so. Battery was also a little disappointing. However the dash charge helps a lot.
    I'm quite interested to see where the AI evolves with the V10.

9. lakshaykapoor99 Honeycomb Jan 2, 2018

lakshaykapoor99, Jan 2, 2018 :
    No, the link doesn't work bro.

10. Dunnow KitKat Jan 2, 2018

Dunnow, Jan 2, 2018 :
    the link works perfectly fine, and I've just tested it again. So.. yeah, maybe don't use the stupid app or whatever you are using.

but hey, maybe, if you click it, instead of copying it, would work... because..., u know... it's a LINK.

11. TurboBot Froyo Jan 2, 2018

TurboBot, Jan 2, 2018 :
    That last part is something I can't back you up on. The Mi A1, while very good considering it is sub-$300, portrait mode is not as good as that of the 5T. Blurring is not done as well, and from what I have seen, colors tend to trend more towards the unnaturally warm side with Xiaomi's app. Granted, Xiaomi could have updated said app in the time between when I saw the comparison I am referencing to now, but this was what I saw at the time of comparing those two.

Straynart likes this.
  12. lakshaykapoor99 Honeycomb Jan 2, 2018

lolol xD so that's what a link is. Thanks mate, congratulations on your knowledge of modern day technology. God, I wonder what would we do without people like you.

Straynart likes this.
  13. lakshaykapoor99 Honeycomb Jan 2, 2018

Also, could you please use punctuation a little more accurately? Cause the way you're typing, pains human eyes.

Straynart likes this.
  14. TurboBot Froyo Jan 2, 2018

TurboBot, Jan 2, 2018 :
    No problem. The camera is indeed the weakest point of this phone, to sum everything up. But, with that said, the design and durability on par with smartphones $250 more expensive, and the display is, without doubt, among the best 1080p panels put in a smartphone, with excellent sunlight legibility and color rendition/accuracy. The performance is about the fastest you can currently get on an Android smartphone, though not the smoothest (XDA framerate testing; that nod goes to the Pixel 2), and the battery life is around the same as the LG V30, which seems to have the best battery efficiency of any more mainstream flagship this year. Audio output through the 3.5mm jack is solid, as is the speaker. In all honesty, camera performance on this smartphone is not great with OnePlus's stock software, and is probably the one aspect of this phone that does not stack up to $700/$800 offerings, for the most part. To give a realistic perspective of how it stacks up camera-wise, it's slightly better than the LG V30, the previously released OnePlus 5, Sony Xperia XZ1/Premium, Xiaomi Mi6/Mix 2 and maybe the newly-released Honor View 10, and performs noticeably better than devices like the Razer Phone, LG G6, Nokia 8, and the Essential Phone. It performs similarly to devices in the same league as something like the iPhone 7 Plus or Huawei P10, but is inferior to devices like Samsung's Galaxy S8/Note8, HTC's U11/U11 Plus, Apple's iPhone 8/8Plus/X, and definitely Huawei's Mate 10 series. And the Google Pixel 2s are simply in a whole other league.

As I said earlier, the biggest issue for OnePlus' camera software is the outrageous amount of denoise applied. But, camera softwares that give the user good manual control and still offer decent auto mode photography do indeed exist, and those are what I suggest people use for the time being, until OnePlus can modify their camera software's image processing for the better, which will not be an easy feat to accomplish, considering the fact that many of these camera softwares present on smartphones are equally imperfect and flawed.

As far as the OIS issue goes, while I would prefer OIS be present, I'm not too bullish on the 5T for not including it, even though motion blur in photos taken in less than desirable lighting conditions is annoying. At least for video, OnePlus uses a solid gyroscope-based EIS system similar to what was implemented on the OG Google Pixel and the last two Nexus smartphones, both of which were slightly inferior in low light photography to smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S7 due to more noise from the use of higher ISO values to compensate for lack of OIS. But those phones had their imaging sensors to fall back on. The IMX377/378 imaging sensors were much larger (1/2.3") and had far bigger micron pixels (1.55um) than the relatively small (1/2.8") IMX398 main sensor of the 5 and 5T (small 1.12um pixels), and even with the f1.7 aperture lens, those still capture far less light and have to use even higher ISO than stuff like the Pixel.

The Mi6 is an exception here, since it does include OIS. The Nokia 8 does as well, but it's using an older, technologically inferior sensor to what the 5T and Mi6 use. The Honor View 10 also omits OIS, but the sensors used are unknown as of yet.

Straynart and Ph3NoM like this.
  15. Dunnow KitKat Jan 2, 2018

Dunnow, Jan 2, 2018 :
    GG *******, telling a non english speaker to use punctuation, when it's already in use... GG xD

16. Dunnow KitKat Jan 2, 2018

Dunnow, Jan 2, 2018 :
    well it was you who said a working link wasn't working... so... I don't know what the hell are you trying to do here... demonstrate even more how much society doesn't need you?

17. lakshaykapoor99 Honeycomb Jan 2, 2018

Oh god, so many full stops.

So basically, if something works fine for you, then it must work for everyone else?

Straynart likes this.
  18. Dunnow KitKat Jan 2, 2018

Dunnow, Jan 2, 2018 :
    First, "..." are not full stops. Those are ellipses, ignorant.

Second, yes. If a link on a website works for me, it has to work for you too. It's how it works. It's quite simple too.

19. lakshaykapoor99 Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

lakshaykapoor99, Jan 3, 2018 :
    First, it's ellipsis*.
    And they're not used after every 5 words ffs.[e]1f602[/e]
    And, no clicking on the link says, "thread does not exist."
    Also, stop pissing people off just because you have too much of free time. You gave a link, it didn't open. We told you the same, stop getting annoyed at every little thing and don't mess everyone's mood.
    Really, if you're trying to help, stop being cocky about it. Don't start a new year messing with strangers on the internet... Just a suggestion.

Straynart and Ph3NoM like this.
  20. Dunnow KitKat Jan 3, 2018

Dunnow, Jan 3, 2018 :
    An ellipsis (plural ellipses; from the Ancient Greek: ἔλλειψις, élleipsis, "omission" or "falling short") is a series of dots (typically three, such as "…")

And since I used more than one, its proper name, is in plural. Therefore, 'ellipses'.

They are used in many things actually.

To avoid typing text, to show intention of continuation, to show a pause related to an intention instead of the basic comma... it kinda depends on the language and culture and how it was accepted on its usage.

The link works fine for me. It works fine on the website which is where I pasted the link and I tested already 10 times or more that it works. It works fine on a non logged in browser, and it works fine on chrome, edge, firefox and IE11.

If you are using the app or whatever else, that's not my fault. It's yours for not even knowing how to properly use the community or for using a stupid browser that does not understand how to follow a link. The thread exists.

You are the one picking a fight here, I won't just back down from your pseudo-bullying.

You mess with the mood. You chose to divert the issue and make it a big deal when you could just kept quiet instead of instigating what we have now.

You are the one who was using a patronizing tone and entering on a debate you were not mentioned at all. You decided to keep it rolling. Don't get on the high horse now.

LOL... you even criticized me for punctuation... being wrong yourself.

I'm not trying to help, I'm trying to make retards stop posting what we all know and use the search function a couple times before opening their retarded mouths for the 100000th time.

If people agrees on shit quality pictures, they can search for a thread where this is mentioned and continue there. I nor anyone in this community, needs to surf the forums avoiding repeated threads 10 times a day.

Now, THAT is the real problem.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018

xeon101 likes this.