The OnePlus Shopping Experience

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl

Carl Administrator Staff Member

Let’s talk about how shopping at OnePlus will be like. Our goal is to make the OnePlus online shopping experience as friendly for the user as possible. To accomplish this, we chose to focus on three areas: localization, logistics and customer service.

Will the shopping experience be perfect from the beginning? I don’t think so. As a young startup, we’re bound to make a lot of mistakes on the way. However, with your help, patience and guidance, I’m confident that we can make the OnePlus shopping experience great together. We look forward to start shipping.

If there’s something that needs clarification after reading this post, don’t hesitate to ask.

Localization

When you visit OnePlus, it will feel like visiting any local e-commerce website from your country. It will be in your native language, the currency you pay in will be your local currency, and all aspects of the experience will be catered to your region. For instance on the product page where we talk about network connectivity, we will also show you what carriers the OnePlus One is compatible with in your country.

Logistics

Shopping online internationally can be painful, with long delivery times, poor communication, and customs issues. To improve this experience, we will have multiple warehouses in every continent we serve, and your package will always be shipped from the warehouse closest to you. This will help ensure safe and speedy delivery.

European customers are often worried about customs and VAT when purchasing goods from outside of Europe. By the time you purchase the OnePlus One, we would already have imported them into the European Union, and paid all associated fees and taxes. The device will be shipped from one of our EU warehouses. The EU is still trying to unify the laws and taxes across the different countries, so some countries might still act a bit differently. However, this means that in 99.9% of the cases, EU customers will not be faced with any customs issues when buying their OnePlus.

Customer Service

When you have questions or face problems with your product, there will be three ways to obtain help: knowledge base, forums, and by contacting our customer service team.

We will keep updating a knowledge base with the most common questions, so that you can find your answer immediately, without the need to wait for a response.

The OnePlus Forums is growing into a great community where people discuss the latest technology, help each other out, and make new friends. This is also a great way to receive help for simpler questions.

In addition, we’ll also have a dedicated customer service team ready to assist. As we start out, the customer service will operate from the OnePlus HQ. All agents will possess great English skills, and with the help of modern translation tools, will even be able to help you in your local language if you don’t feel like requesting help in English. Depending on how well our products are received, we may expand our customer service team to other regions in the near future.

If in the rare chance that your product has quality issues, you will be taken care of by the warehouse closest to you. Our warehouses also double as service locations, and depending on region and circumstance, will pick up your device or have you send it. Of course, if we are to blame for the issues, we’ll also take care of the costs.

gaster, tapankr, fnk and 319 others like this.
  2. nebsif

nebsif Level: Honeycomb

1st

edit: leeeet, so does this confirm w'ell be able to order it online and ship it (almost) anywhere we want? I'd "settle" (lols bad thing to say on these forums) for ordering from china and waiting a month for it to ship to Israel, but if I can order from EU (directly from 1+) its 1000 times better :D

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    Rasselok123, raybit10, ronen and 9 others like this.
  3. Juiceman

Juiceman Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

That sounds very good!
    Now can you tell us when we can purchase the device? :D

4. Luka

Luka Level: KitKat

So i can expect a website in Croatian. Cool :)

filipss, manunair00, sagepoil and 7 others like this.
  5. Akki

Akki Level: KitKat

@Carl This post should clear most of the doubts regarding the marketing, logistics and after sale support. We are looking forward to help in the process of localization :)

manunair00, alkeram, rams143 and 2 others like this.
  6. Adam Krisko

Adam Krisko Head Moderator

Now this is customer service! This post clears up many issues we've been talking about on the forums! Thanks @Carl!

7. Deepak

Deepak Level: KitKat

AWESOME GUYS... wait let me read fully & then edit this :D:p:cool:

Edit: Even after reading my reaction is "AWESOME GUYS..." Now that's what is called a Great Customer Service :) All the Very Best guys.

I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy hope to buy this in INDIA as soon as it is released for the world :rolleyes::D

8. Luka

Never do anything for free. :cool:

alkeram and WeakenedInk like this.
  9. Anthony knight

Anthony knight Level: Jelly Bean

This is awesome it sound great I'm looking forward to this can't wait. Never Settle!!!

alkeram, rrocha2803 and Gary like this.
  10. only1butfun

only1butfun Level: Honeycomb

Great, just as I wished for!

alkeram likes this.
  11. m1cke

m1cke Level: KitKat

Woohooo! Won't have to worry about VAT. Had my mind set on ordering from China.

alkeram likes this.
  12. Akki

Lets take some "Never Settle" gifts in return ;)

alkeram likes this.
  13. Luka

Never do anything for a sticker and a shirt :D

filipss and alkeram like this.
  14. Darksidious

Darksidious Level: Jelly Bean

Avoiding extra taxes by having warehouse in Europe this is really nice!!!!
    Good choice!
    What about the warranty?
    Now where can I buy it for a shipping in Belgium?? :p

doncgeorge and alkeram like this.
  15. Akki

I suppose they have more than just stickers and shirts, under their sleeve :p
    EDIT: Lets save nonsense to you-know-where-it-is

16. mydragoon

mydragoon Level: KitKat

quick post... since I'm replying via phone.

localisation. I hate that. unless I can set the language of choice.

Malaysia is a multicultural nation. although the national language is Malay, Malaysians speak different languages. for me, my first language is English. so it's kinda annoying that some companies (Google is just as guilty when it comes to this) just force this on their customers. made worse is the fact some sites don't allow me to change it.

so, please... have the option to let users choose how the wanna view / read the website.

17. infernowheels

infernowheels Level: KitKat

Man, this gets even better by the day~!
    I can only hope that I my country is qualified to purchase the One as soon as it becomes available..

Jayarajan N.A, alkeram and dankatz1 like this.
  18. GregOrevo

GregOrevo Moderator

It sounds really really great!

Even if the shopping experience won't be perfect from the beginning,
    i think everyone will understand. Your communication is great and close to us and just that will make people feel better if there is a problem, and everyone in the community will be happy to help!

This is a great idea for people who doesn't know much about network compatibility. :)

I smell greatness, Coming Soon™ !

john2000, alkeram and May I Taste like this.
  19. cris7'91

cris7'91 Level: Jelly Bean

I'm sure that some mistake can happening in the shopping experience. I hope there no will be mistake in the build qulity of Phone. :)
    OnePlus have a good idea about different language in assistence. So you tell me that into the (under) 350€ for EU are include also taxes???

john2000 and alkeram like this.
  20. mydragoon

mydragoon Level: KitKat

seriously.. the only thing OnePlus needs to really do now is tell me that my country is in the initial launch list.

CobieSunan and alkeram like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.