The OnePlus 5 - Purchase Survey

1. vj_dubey Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

vj_dubey, Jul 14, 2017 :
    For me Its Dash Charger, Reading mode and top of the line hardware.

2. jlg1234 Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2017

jlg1234, Jul 14, 2017 :
    I purchased for performance first (Snapdragon 835 and 6 GB of RAM) but a really close second was the camera, it takes really great pictures in daylight but OP needs to work on lowlight performance in an update, and image stabilization for 4K recording.

3. F_Mrinal_Kandpal_ujbD Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

4. F_Mrinal_Kandpal_ujbD Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

F_Mrinal_Kandpal_ujbD, Jul 14, 2017 :
    although dash charging is not that fast!!!
    my op5 charges 60% in 30 mins

5. makhil2008 Gingerbread Jul 14, 2017

makhil2008, Jul 14, 2017 :
    The dual Camera!!

6. Robertteufel Donut Jul 14, 2017

Robertteufel, Jul 14, 2017 :
    Dear OnePlus Team! I guess im wrong in this thread but i have a question to ask.
    When i bought my OnePlus 3 about one year ago, eventho i instantly fell in love with this phone, i was a bit disappointed when u guys released the OnePlus 3T a few weeks later :/
    now im not sure if i should order the new OnePLus 5 now or if i should wait for u a bit to release the next Version....
    what u say, do u know if there will be a new model soon or should i just order it? because i cant wait

raxuz likes this.
  7. smok3y Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2017

smok3y, Jul 14, 2017 :
    There is no one top reason for this phone. I have had a OnePlus One for almost 3 years and it was time to change. This came along and I bought it because of a combo of performance and price. If there was anything else better, I would have liked QHD screen and water resistance. But you can't have your cake and eat it too, eh!

I do not believe users who are singing praises for this phone. I have e been using it for 3 weeks now and I haven't been wowed by anything so far. This still looks and feels like a phone from 2016. I don't flaunt it among my friends either, frankly I don't even tell them I got a new phone unless some looks at it and asks. When I got the OP One I spoke about it to the entire world. That goes to speak how little innovation has gone into the OP5, it is just a standard run of the mill phone with no innovation.

And then add to it the issue with people facing problems. Help me explain this, same phone, same production, same components and yet some users have duds and others are fine. The guys in the OP QC department should be flogged and fired. But they don't really care. Had it not been for the price this would sink faster than the Titanic.

Yup I bought it and I use it and I have no backup phone. Will I drop it and pick something better that comes in the market, hell ya I will. Give me water/dust proof, QHD screen, thin bezels, good camera and a decent price, I will buy it over this anyday.

I was a big supporter of OP, made 10+ friends of mine buy their various phones from OP1 to OP3T. Not now anymore. I don't support organizations that don't support their customer base. 1 unhappy customer takes away 10+ customers. And it takes ages to get a happy customer. These Chinese guys go by the masses and numbers, to them Quality doesn't matter. How to keep customers happy, is the last thing on their list, they probably don't even know the intricacies involved in making happy customers and sacrifices that need to be made.. Else they would not have withdrawn OS support to OP2/X customers. I can teach them all year long, considering I have been with Amex for 14+ years now and we only do one thing, keep our customers happy, we aren't No.1 by fluke. It took years of sacrifices, dedication and hard work to get happy customers. These guys at OP5 are ruining what was a great promise. Now it is just bullcrap. Products don't sell if your customers are unhappy. They will learn this in the long run. No organisation survived with more unhappy customers rising by the day.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017

abdullaamori likes this.
  8. nasir244 Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

nasir244, Jul 14, 2017 :
    Yesterday i bought one plus 5 in black,It's superb in color and performance

9. SRVisGod24 Honeycomb Jul 14, 2017

SRVisGod24, Jul 14, 2017 :
    Price. That's what led me to the OPO and will continue to bring me back to the OnePlus brand. Sure, the specs are important too. But I can forgive other things not being top of the line since the price is cheaper compared to the flagships

10. mpanagis Donut Jul 14, 2017

11. gaster KitKat Moderator Jul 14, 2017

gaster, Jul 14, 2017 :
    Thanks Zero -)

12. runboy93 Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2017

13. p51d007 KitKat Jul 14, 2017

p51d007, Jul 14, 2017 :
    ^^
    ^^
    ^^
    ^^
    ^^
    This post brought to you by Oppo :rolleyes:

14. jj001e Froyo Jul 14, 2017

jj001e, Jul 14, 2017 :
    The performance ie. lack of lag!

15. Bryn26 Honeycomb Jul 14, 2017

Bryn26, Jul 14, 2017 :
    The OP5 is hundreds of dollars cheaper than comparable devices. You're expecting way too much.

Everyone I've showed by OP5 to has been very impressed. It is possibly the smoothest Android device on the market, it looks beautiful (especially with the kevlar case on), the camera is exceptional in most circumstances, the fingerprint reader is lightning fast, the DAC is probably the best in any Android phone and headphones sound phenomenal etc.

I couldn't care less about waterproofing, thin bezels in exchange for a screwed up aspect ratio and a resolution beyond 1080p at such a small display size. Or a camera that is even better. They're obviously all nice things to have (except a weird aspect ratio imo), but they come at a much higher cost.

And if you're looking for a standout feature, it's probably the OS. Pixel phones are expensive and have very limited availability worldwide. And even then, OxygenOS improves upon stock Android anyway. Imo, it's hard to argue against the OP5 having the best firmware of any Android device on the market.

Rajvardhan jain likes this.
  16. Sai926 Donut Jul 15, 2017

17. Sai926 Donut Jul 15, 2017

Sai926, Jul 15, 2017 :
    with such affordable cost OP5 IS better I guess with it's performance ....

18. Parthiban kimbley Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

19. chanyatlong1995 Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

chanyatlong1995, Jul 15, 2017 :
    camera, performance and software updates . it would be better if they can lower the price and restraining it from rising continuously

20. luxuskamel Jelly Bean Jul 15, 2017