The OnePlus 5 – Details Matter

1. Carl Co-founder Staff Member Jun 7, 2017

Carl, Jun 7, 2017 :
    At OnePlus, we build products hand in hand with our users. We bring this approach to every element of our products, including our software. Through our Beta program, we work daily with our community testers to make the user experience with OxygenOS seamlessly smooth. We may not implement every single suggestion we get, but we do listen to every suggestion in an effort to find the best way to improve. Our process of capturing and evaluating user feedback takes time and resources, but we believe it helps us create better products.

Our users are those who want the best smartphone experience. The amazing part about our community is that we're held to the highest standards, even on the smallest details that many won't notice. We can't wait to show you the OnePlus 5 and all the areas we've improved it based on your feedback.

I wanted to share one such example today. We got quite a bit of feedback from OnePlus 3 and 3T users saying they wish they could capture higher quality audio in noisy settings like concerts. So on the OnePlus 5, we made it a priority to improve audio recording.

We brought in some new hardware and assigned a group of engineers to optimize the audio system of the OnePlus 5 to capture much clearer sound. As a result, the OnePlus 5’s improved microphone performs significantly better in loud environments. Whether you're an audiophile or not, we think you'll appreciate the difference. To illustrate the difference, we took the OnePlus 3 and a OnePlus 5 from our final testing phase to a night club. Check out the difference for yourself.

Your opinion helps us to continuously improve and work towards our mission of sharing the best technology with the world. Thank you for caring. Together, let's keep creating great technology.

Never Settle.

2. dsmonteiro Lollipop Community Expert Jun 8, 2017

dsmonteiro, Jun 8, 2017 :
    What about the feedback of the rest of your customers? Any chance you can also address that feedback as well?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017

3. Wahoux KitKat Jun 8, 2017

4. dsmonteiro Lollipop Community Expert Jun 8, 2017

Also, OP3 and OP3T might not like this part, since, after all, they thought they were helping improving their own devices, not other people's future ones.

5. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 8, 2017

youbi, Jun 8, 2017 :
    Nice to see you could find your way back to the forum. :p :D ;)

And those improvements sure looks promising. Users always complained about that sound part in concerts. :)

6. inffy Nordics POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 8, 2017

Ucr3, emosoljia, Sun90 and 9 others like this.
  7. dsmonteiro Lollipop Community Expert Jun 8, 2017

upload_2017-6-8_11-51-16.png

Thread was written June 07 2017 at 4:48 AM my time.
    Carl was last seen June 08 2017 at 8:16 AM my time.
    Thread was published June 08 2017 at 11:42 AM my time.

If I didn't know better, I'd say @Carl is avoiding us.

8. robbiegast Honeycomb Jun 8, 2017

robbiegast, Jun 8, 2017 :
    It's called drafts.

9. dsmonteiro Lollipop Community Expert Jun 8, 2017

I'm well aware. But before, Carl was actually here to interact with us. But since his Letters to Community, he's avoiding the Forums at all costs.

Tbjames, Sun90, RY4N75 and 23 others like this.
  10. pirata_1985 Nougat Jun 8, 2017

pirata_1985, Jun 8, 2017 :
    Thank you Carl. This is great to read and listen to us. Thank you so much and make oneplu5 great. Say hallo to Pete too. He s a great co-founder

11. jizang KitKat Jun 8, 2017

jizang, Jun 8, 2017 :
    So OP is now pandering to those snowflakes who want to record at concerts to the annoyance of the artists. I DO hope APPLE brings out their technology that blocks this!.

Just enjoy and experience the moment instead of trying to capture something you most likely never going to listen to.

Ryuugamine, Flyka, Sun90 and 18 others like this.
  12. anymore KitKat Jun 8, 2017

anymore, Jun 8, 2017 :
    Nice new hardware quality audio capture
    It's not only about concerts
    Travel bloggers and smartphone movie makers should love it​

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017

eye842, G_Manu_g_kICu, script and 3 others like this.
  13. nikol_oza Gingerbread Jun 8, 2017

14. dasti555 Gingerbread Jun 8, 2017

Predict23 likes this.
  15. Ndttung8487 Froyo Jun 8, 2017

Ndttung8487, Jun 8, 2017 :
    Even i love to buy Oneplus device, but unable to buy global version because I'm living in Vietnam, all OP3/T for Chinese market which were imported by unofficial sellers, it does not stable at all, i hope Oneplus will open in more markets.

remedy, OrinZ and ChrisTerp like this.
  16. stienchen Cupcake Jun 8, 2017

script, otto2 and anymore like this.
  17. Waffle Toaster Gingerbread Jun 8, 2017

Waffle Toaster, Jun 8, 2017 :
    Fantastic updates to the camera and microphone quality so far, Carl! We can really see that you guys are pushing for an uber update to the widely popular 3T by hitting those 3T complaints.

Going to disagree about this. You do not announce price point before you reveal features. The art of selling is found by presenting a reason to buy the product before you announce the price, because then you will value the product on its quality and not so much its price point. Name any other time where someone has intentionally announce a product's price before the announcement of the product.

18. locxFIN KitKat Jun 8, 2017

19. bhisikark Eclair Jun 8, 2017

bhisikark, Jun 8, 2017 :
    what about old users like OP3 & OP3T?????
    WILL THEY GET ANY SPECIAL OFFER LIKE EXCHANGE OP3 WITH OP5 OR SOMETHING LIKE ?????

20. kekskruemel Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 8, 2017

G_Manu_g_kICu likes this.