[Survey] How should we revamp Alert Slider?

1. Vikum.Wijekoon Cupcake Dec 12, 2017

Vikum.Wijekoon, Dec 12, 2017 :
    better customization abilities would do fine. i personally like the vibration and total silent thingy.

2. niklas389 Eclair Dec 12, 2017

niklas389, Dec 12, 2017 :
    wow, Nice one! got my first oneplus 6 days ago and I love it
    Couldn't think about a phone manufacturer asking their users what they want - never had that before - just one more '+' for you guys [e]1f601[/e]

For me Ring/Vibrate/Silent is the best option.

jayianoneplus likes this.
  3. GastonLagaffe Gingerbread Dec 13, 2017

4. Athusmindless Donut Dec 27, 2017

Athusmindless, Dec 27, 2017 :
    Any way to disable the slider? I keep finding my phone on silence from it being accidently changed. Would also be cool to have custom options for it.. Perhaps day mode, night time mode screen brightness.

5. jayianoneplus Gingerbread Dec 28, 2017

jayianoneplus, Dec 28, 2017 :
    super agree with this. GDND can be easily enabled in the Notification panel.

6. jayianoneplus Gingerbread Dec 28, 2017

totally agree, ive been using my finger nail ever since.[e]1f601[/e]

7. jayianoneplus Gingerbread Dec 28, 2017

i also agree with this. i hope you can add this aside from the slider functionalities. i easily forget to change the slider after meetings/discussions. placing it too on the volume keys is great as most of the time, we touch the volume keys and not the rigid slider.

8. jimmmysil Gingerbread Dec 28, 2017

jimmmysil, Dec 28, 2017 :
    I think the alert slider is perfect as it is. maybe add more customization options so ppl will choose how the device will behave in each alert slider state

drdebian and Selina_Mai like this.
  9. Android Tinker Eclair Dec 28, 2017

jimmmysil and Selina_Mai like this.
  10. thesplitter Honeycomb Dec 28, 2017

11. alvarez08629 Donut Dec 28, 2017

alvarez08629, Dec 28, 2017 :
    I like the Do not disturb option. I use my phone for work and it is easy just to flip the alert slider. I think if we are allow to customize it will help everyone even though I like how it is now

Selina_Mai likes this.
  12. shreeshmanasvi Cupcake Dec 28, 2017

shreeshmanasvi, Dec 28, 2017 :
    for me it is very useful. but then if it is getting revamped then certainly few additional options from my side I think could be click to launch camera, grip on it can be increased it is practically two hand job if using a case over it and please a side note move the power button slightly up, few mm will do as it comes right below the VR box's basepad to hold phone.

13. jazou Cupcake Dec 29, 2017

jazou, Dec 29, 2017 :
    I like the two way toggle of the iPhone 5/SE.

Two positions are plenty, ring or vibrate.

Anything more can be addressed using software for scheduled or location based behaviour.

The toggle is also much easier to use and provides better feedback. Not saying to copy it but efforts should be focused on ease of use / effectiveness.

14. Patil mahesh Donut Dec 29, 2017

Patil mahesh, Dec 29, 2017 :
    Ring > vibrate > silent

I think silent should be all the way down. currently it's reverse.
    it's just my opinion.

shreeshmanasvi likes this.
  15. The ancient Cupcake Dec 29, 2017

16. danielwcas Cupcake Dec 29, 2017

jimmmysil likes this.
  17. drdebian Froyo Dec 29, 2017

jimmmysil likes this.
  18. cdxpmop Froyo Dec 29, 2017

cdxpmop, Dec 29, 2017 :
    Please keep the alert slider. Only thing to change is slide up to ring and slide down for silent. Thanks!

19. stephanejap Donut Dec 29, 2017

stephanejap, Dec 29, 2017 :
    The alert slider is one of the marquee features of OP phones and is loved by the vast majority of users. Please do not attempt to fix something that needs no fixing... [e]1f601[/e]

drdebian, C_T and enzodolan like this.
  20. C_T Donut Dec 29, 2017

C_T, Dec 29, 2017 :
    Alert slider is great as it is, please only add more customisation, this is what everyone wants, but crucially don't take away current functionality, just give more options.

It is such a great facility to have when I'm at work and going into a meeting that I can just move the slider without needing to look at my phone. Additionally if I'm in a meeting and I've forgotten to go to silent I can discreetly move the slider - it's a genius, embarrassment saving device for me, thanks for asking and listening.