Software Support for OP3/3T: Questions & Answers.

1. malidan Lollipop Aug 12, 2017

malidan, Aug 12, 2017 :
    Dude your juggling prices and models trying to create a disparity

1. No one mentioned on release, this is the thing you fans always say to make everything sound expensive .
    It was not what it cost on release its what you pay

2. Why are you pricing on the 64Gb? How many people actually buy the 64 GB when they can throw in a SD?

2. I said pounds and when the 3 was released the S7 was already within £100

3. You said 3/3T.

4. These are fact not, you try to manipulate things to your benefit.
    As I said this has been done before with hard facts presented, what you say now will not change that.

Dude where did they say they will support it all the way through? Is it me or are you reading something that ain't there.
    All the way through to what October 2018 upto P? I didn't see them say that ANYWHERE, so you have no FACTS.
    Waffling on about Goggle and Aosp has nothing to do with OP (who can't even manage monthly security patches) so running upto P you will not see for certain. That would mean maintaining 6 OS's as well as beta, no that ain't going to happen.

You should try reading your change logs then. I will let you in on a little secret, the fewer bug fixes you have, the better and that means theOS is pretty stable.

These rave reviews as you call them, is relief that issues might actually get squashed, except Bluetooth, Camera performance and battery drain
    Every OP device has suffered heavily in these departments, that's what you get from second rate software.
    Take a look at any OP device support forum it reads like a horror story.
    How many updates have you had? And video stability and focussing are still crap.
    Facts dude not opinion.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017

ihonize and Ovuca like this.
  2. Android450 KitKat Aug 12, 2017

Dresa91 and Sun90 like this.
  3. Imhsagar Froyo Aug 12, 2017

4. jpts Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2017

jpts, Aug 12, 2017 :
    tl;dl Let me guess, OP sucks? Wrong...Yes...No...Somesong...Somecrap...Something...What?

5. Bobbie63 KitKat Aug 12, 2017

Bobbie63, Aug 12, 2017 :
    Good to hear you had a good holiday. As you would have seen here, business as usual, maybe a little more unfounded messages. :D

zoestar, Dresa91, Sun90 and 1 other person like this.
  6. F_Tomasz_Zakościelny_zv Honeycomb Aug 12, 2017

F_Tomasz_Zakościelny_zv, Aug 12, 2017 :
    QUESTION:
    Why oneplus stopped making op3/op3t accesories for US and EU?Employee told me that that's because of company size and that you have to focus on supporting op5. Okay.
    But then I found out that you STILL supply India.One of the biggest,if not the #1 sales market for oneplus.
    So apparently you are not big enough to supply smaller sales area but you are just "big enough" to produce op3 accesories for India?
    That's really shameful move and I don't understand your policy.

ihonize and Imhsagar like this.
  7. Sun90 KitKat Aug 12, 2017

Sun90, Aug 12, 2017 :
    Maybe the manufacturing base ( OPPO factory) in India is making a difference.

xcrm and Bobbie63 like this.
  8. Dresa91 Marshmallow Aug 12, 2017

Dresa91, Aug 12, 2017 :
    Yeah:)
    Unfounded messages... nothing new:D

9. Bobbie63 KitKat Aug 12, 2017

Bobbie63, Aug 12, 2017 :
    Bad inventory management? ;)

zoestar and Sun90 like this.
  10. abdullah ifthiquar Donut Aug 12, 2017

remedy likes this.
  11. F_Tomasz_Zakościelny_zv Honeycomb Aug 12, 2017

F_Tomasz_Zakościelny_zv, Aug 12, 2017 :
    Yeah,but on life chat with employee (as I wanted a bunch of op3 stuff) he told me that thay are not big enough.So it's like they cant produce enough shit for op5
    Also in my country all accesories are 140% of the india price.Without paying for shipping.So i think they wouldnt lose that much,even with taxes.

Sun90 likes this.
  12. Sun90 KitKat Aug 12, 2017

Sun90, Aug 12, 2017 :
    They are not b school graduates ,hence the issue ;)

zoestar, remedy and Bobbie63 like this.
  13. remedy Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2017

remedy, Aug 12, 2017 :
    Calling that an OPPO/OnePlus factory is just @Carl hype/lies. The phone is assembled for OnePlus by Foxconn Technology Group’s Rising Stars factory at Sri City Integrated Business City in Andhra Pradesh.

The reason why is that INDIA levies a 150% import duty on assembled products but this does not apply if you import the components and assemble in INDIA. This is why manufacturers are encouraged to import kits and assemble in INDIA.

JasonMR likes this.
  14. G_Paul_Townsend_YOnK Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2017

G_Paul_Townsend_YOnK, Aug 12, 2017 :
    Why are you referring to other phones with the SD820 they are not really relevant to owners of the 3T with the SD821, as you say the other phones with the SD821, the pixels & LG G6 will all most likely be getting P.

I do wonder how many 3T owners will now never buy another OP smartphone, how is this good customer service to stop IS updates after just a year? If OP is not careful they will alienate 3T owners with the lack of OS support and also 5 owners due to the apparently poor camera and also jello problems, it'll be interesting to see how 6 sales hold up as I think once my 3 dies I'll now look to Nokia or the Essential phone for a replacement, or an SG9 if prices drop like they have for the SG8.

15. DarkExistence Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2017

DarkExistence, Aug 12, 2017 :
    Because it's the 3 driving the force. If they update the 3t and not the 3 there will be outrage because they promised that the 3 and 3t will have unified updates. Seeing as the 820 won't have sources for P that won't be possible, so if they can't update one they won't update the other. They aren't stopping updates. They said they will continue security updates after O is released , so how is that stopping support completely?

meatandy and remedy like this.
  16. Rogier123 Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2017

Rogier123, Aug 12, 2017 :
    1tzy5t.jpg

ihonize, remedy and Ovuca like this.
  17. malidan Lollipop Aug 12, 2017

malidan, Aug 12, 2017 :
    That would seem to be the general line of thought in the thread wouldn't you say;)

18. PARTHISMART Froyo Aug 12, 2017

PARTHISMART, Aug 12, 2017 :
    Why the default applocker(password/PIN) is same as Screenlock(password/PIN)in Oxygen Os??...If both (password/PIN)are same then what is the use of applocker??

19. remedy Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2017

remedy, Aug 12, 2017 :
    This logic is bonkers.

I now have an OP3 and I'm quite happy with OP's stated policy on updates as I will switch my OP3 to LineageOS at an appropriate time.

Subject to pricing, I will be buying OP products in the future.

G_Brian_Wilmot_kTDj and milkdude like this.
  20. srb034 Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2017

srb034, Aug 12, 2017 :
    Let me get this straight:
    You release a phone on November 15, 2016
    You discontinue it on May 9, 2017
    You stop OS support in October 2017.
    Great job OnePlus.