Snapdragon 845 Is it time for OP6 ?

1. rohitmarines Gingerbread Dec 7, 2017

rohitmarines, Dec 7, 2017 :
    what do u mean by cheap customers ...there is a problem with ur English . moreover buying costlier phone doesn't mean someone can offord and others can't so they go for OnePlus ...it's all depend our choices...mind Ur language please

G_Yash_Oswal_jjhj likes this.
  2. H1508901902074 Froyo Dec 7, 2017

H1508901902074, Dec 7, 2017 :
    Its nothing wrong with iamelton's English as far as Im concerned. You are having trouble understanding his post.

sfomin and iamelton like this.
  3. rohitmarines Gingerbread Dec 7, 2017

rohitmarines, Dec 7, 2017 :
    I don't want to offend anybody ...i can understand him and you also ....the pblm is the people in the forum have become more then vocal

4. stephenboyo KitKat Dec 7, 2017

stephenboyo, Dec 7, 2017 :
    Tiny company? It's a subsidiary of s major Chinese manufacturer that includes OPPO etc. What you get is a standard generic phone shell with Oxygen software. That's all. They're not interested in high quality anything as the phone's hardware is mass designed and produced for the subsidiaries including OP

DJ Valente likes this.
  5. G_DeadHead_Qzmp Cupcake Dec 7, 2017

G_DeadHead_Qzmp, Dec 7, 2017 :
    I think sometimes, people miss the point with OP.
    It's a mid priced phone offering flagship performance.
    It offers a number of the same features as a flagship like the Snapdragon 835 sometimes better like the 6/8GB memory.
    It has a fantastic camera, screen, build quality etc but the best? Maybe not but it's very very close.
    You're getting updates, almost every month adding and improving features including bug fixes and security updates.
    How often does a top flight android phone get them? twice a year and they are out of date as soon as you get them.
    OP is community driven, they listen to us...Do you think Samsung would listen or even care?
    OP isn't perfect, they make mistakes like any company does, it's how they learn from them going forward.
    I can buy a OP use it for 6/12 months sell it on and make only a small loss then pick up the latest version. If I choose. I can run a low price sim package getting to pick and choose what I want as the market changes. I'm not tied to a 2 yr fixed contract.
    They offer a lot for the price.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  6. NovinDavis Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2017

NovinDavis, Dec 7, 2017 :

That was me trying to be sarcastic :) I know about it .. I also know that to save research and development cost they take design from OPPO and VIVVO to save money :)

stephenboyo likes this.
  7. Abhi Dahiya Gingerbread Dec 7, 2017

Abhi Dahiya, Dec 7, 2017 :
    No, project treble won't help you get more updates for already existing phones. It will only help for phones that will ship with Oreo or higher version from launch. Huawei/honor has promised only one update for Honor 8 Pro i.e. Oreo and even for that there is no idea when it will arrive, maybe late next year.
    As for xiaomi phones, agree that they get almost every new MIUI update but their android updates suck. Only one android update and still 1-2 years behind everyone else.

8. NovinDavis Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2017

This is the whole point Trebel was introduced company like LG , Xiaomi , Huawei all used heavy skin over stock android.. enabling Trebel It basically modularizes the Android OS so that OEM customizations stay separate from Android, which would effectively lead to reduced time between update roll outs. it will make software updates faster for all of the above company. Secondly

Linux kernel long term support extended to 6 years for Project Treble

So hope u understand the importance of Trebel

9. Abhi Dahiya Gingerbread Dec 7, 2017

Sorry for including OP2 in the list. Qualcomm didn't update drivers only for s800 and s801.
    OnePlus did promise nougat for OP2 and they should have provided it but seeing how small of a team they had at that time, and issues they had converging OOS and Hydrogen OS, it makes sense they didn't provide nougat.
    But now that their software support is in place, see their support for OP3, 3T, 5, 5T. It's fantastic and amongst the best in industry, only behind Google and Sony.

10. iamelton KitKat Dec 7, 2017

iamelton, Dec 7, 2017 :
    it does not make sense at all to break promise on op2.. the damage has been done..

11. Abhi Dahiya Gingerbread Dec 7, 2017

It's "Treble" first of all, not "Trebel".
    And no matter what project treble is meant to provide, faster longer support blah blah... truth is that users are still going to get a maximum of 2 major updates no matter which is the brand. It will make work of companies easy but won't solve issues of customers. Companies don't want to.
    And it's majorly beneficial for phones that ship with oreo from the factory. As you will see, none of Huawei or xiaomi will increase support for already existing smartphones. They will still provide a maximum of one update and move on.
    Just take the example - OnePlus has already provided oreo for 3 and 3T, 5/5T oreo is in beta and will soon arrive but there is not even a hint about oreo of Honor 8 Pro which will be it's 1st update.
    More than project treble, willingness of company to provide support matters

12. Abhi Dahiya Gingerbread Dec 7, 2017

Oh yeah, as if none of other brands have ever broken their software support promise! Every single brand has, and they are even worse than OP.
    At least OP is great from last 1 and a half years providing great support. I got awesome support for my 3T and i am all happy.
    Constant monthly updates, new features, new versions.

13. iamelton KitKat Dec 7, 2017

iamelton, Dec 7, 2017 :
    yeah maybe we should all consider OP starting from the timespan of op3, op3t, op5, op5t, etc., and forget about the pre-historic op1, op2 and opx, especially the latter 2 models.. now we could safely conclude what an excellent job oneplus did.. accurate marketing slogans, ideal campaigns and flawless models, and above all, perfect management guys..

14. NovinDavis Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2017

What do u think ? Is Oneplus willing to provide support ? Above Android P ? Snapdragon 835 Now runs windows 10. So I guess it can support 3 or 4 major upgrades. But is Oneplus willing to support is the question. Because I see them talk about community all the time they love listening to people. so why not come out with something really useful for the community

lostLambda likes this.
  15. iamelton KitKat Dec 7, 2017

iamelton, Dec 7, 2017 :
    OnePlus loves money. Period.

well, everybody loves money.. but oneplus seem to be the only bunch of guy emphasising repeatedly how they love their customers and the community.. this makes me sick..

NovinDavis likes this.
  16. Baymax Lollipop Dec 7, 2017

Baymax, Dec 7, 2017 :
    Right now technology is at a point where 120hz can only be achieved with IPS LCD. Technically 4K displays came out a while back. OnePlus will probably stick with 1080p for its battery optimization though.

malidan likes this.
  17. Abhi Dahiya Gingerbread Dec 7, 2017

Which other brand is providing 3/4 updates other than google ? Useless question. Would have made sense if other were doing it and OnePlus didn't

18. malidan Lollipop Dec 8, 2017

malidan, Dec 8, 2017 :
    The 5T was planned from the moment they decided to invert and sell through all the crap screens they had left over from the OP3T.

sfomin likes this.
  19. malidan Lollipop Dec 8, 2017

malidan, Dec 8, 2017 :
    What other brand has as many bugs to put right on a monthly basis.
    .Bug fixes are not updates

.Fixing stuff you broke are not updates

.Putting menu's you forgot to put in, is not an update.

.Enabling standard Bluetooth features you left out for what ever reason, isn't an update.

.Launching your device on a older version to avoid certification and update to the current version at a later date isn't an update.

Good software does not require constant updating.

NovinDavis likes this.
  20. Shivang Joshi Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 8, 2017

Shivang Joshi, Dec 8, 2017 :
    I agree to this so much!