Smartphone Photography made better by OnePlus and DXO

1. diegohnz Social Media Staff Member May 18, 2017

diegohnz, May 18, 2017 :
    Update 28 June 2017: We know you guys are very curious about how everything goes with DXO, so we'd love to let you all know that we are still working closely with DxO to optimize the OP5 camera. ;)

Friends,

Since we started OnePlus, our focus has been on giving you the best user experience possible. A smooth and premium flagship experience requires a deliberate combination of hardware and software that work together seamlessly. Our Never Settle motto embodies the belief that we’ve got to work hard to improve every step along the way.

One area that we’ve been putting a lot of resources into more recently is the camera. Smartphones are the most popular cameras for everyday photography. On one hand, this is because smartphones are far more convenient to carry around than professional cameras like DSLRs. On the other hand, smartphone cameras have reached a point where shooting with a smartphone instead of a DSLR no longer means you’re compromising on quality.

OnePlus’ cameras have been improving with each new flagship product we’ve released. There’s always more to be done to give you the ability to take clearer, more beautiful photos. Sometimes finding the right partner is one of the quickest ways to take things to the next level.

We’re happy to announce that we have teamed up with DxO to enhance your photography experience with our upcoming flagship, the OnePlus 5. DxO is perhaps most well-known for creating the defining photography benchmark, the DxOMark. They’ve got years of imaging experience and expertise, both for professional cameras and for smartphones.

But we can only go so far in telling you that we’re excited to be working with DxO. Our friend Etienne Knauer, SVP Sales & Marketing at DxO, had this to say: “OnePlus has always been one of the leading innovators in the smartphone industry, and we are proud to partner with them and support their exciting mobile photography strategy.”

Working alongside DxO, we’re confident the OnePlus 5 will be capable of capturing some of the clearest photos around.

Never Settle

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2017

2. Moin2200 Jelly Bean May 18, 2017

Moin2200, May 18, 2017 :
    Wow, awesome news!
    But to see you're adding a lot of details and features to the next flagship could mean a big price hike.

Especially in a partnership with dxo.

3. Hanson Lee Lollipop Community Expert May 18, 2017

4. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator May 18, 2017

youbi, May 18, 2017 :
    Great news. :)

If Oneplus wants to make the best smartphone out there, then the camera must also try to be the best. :p Can't wait to see what you guys are cooking. :hearteyes:

That's a bold statement there. Can you share some pics to back it up. :p:D;)

5. jpswer Jelly Bean May 18, 2017

jpswer, May 18, 2017 :
    #HYPE. Love it one of the big areas OnePlus have always been behind is camera so I'm hyped....

6. dsmonteiro Lollipop Community Expert May 18, 2017

dsmonteiro, May 18, 2017 :
    That's quite nice to hear! I'm sure @Dunnow wants to know if they will also help you fixing the OP2, though...

7. snacky Froyo May 18, 2017

snacky, May 18, 2017 :
    I would recommend to work on the video issue that started with OP2 and it's present with 3 and 3T also. The phone is doing micro focusing when recording video...

8. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator May 18, 2017

rarog, May 18, 2017 :
    Fix it to the electric chair to grill it?

9. marlox Gingerbread May 18, 2017

10. script Lollipop Moderator May 18, 2017

script, May 18, 2017 :
    Great news. The camera has always been my main interest. I hope they're good in video shooting and especially video sound recording as well.

Congratulations to that partnership.

11. ShortyEx Ice Cream Sandwich May 18, 2017

ShortyEx, May 18, 2017 :
    I think I speak on behalf of all OP2 and OPX users that we sure as hell hope this will have an impact on our devices and enable us to take at least one decent photo before our phones are completely written of...

Also, seeing the mess you guys made with the 2 and X, it's not that hard to speak of improvement...
    When I first got my OP2, images were crisp as could be, but after each update it became worse and worse until the point now where I don't even take pictures with my phone anymore.

12. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator May 18, 2017

rarog, May 18, 2017 :
    That's physically impossible with the thin body of a mobile phone.

13. GH0STFACE Eclair May 18, 2017

mani jang shar and G_Manu_g_kICu like this.
  14. Ahuk15 Froyo May 18, 2017

Ahuk15, May 18, 2017 :
    why just the 5? implement some more camera software improvements to the 3t and 3, im sure they can be improved more ? I want to get the 5 but the more i hear about it then more i just think it's gonna be some $600+ cost

15. malidan Lollipop May 18, 2017

malidan, May 18, 2017 :
    It will most likely be as fruitful as their last co-op with Qualcomm( SD810 v2.1 ):rolleyes:

16. ganeshknr Ice Cream Sandwich May 18, 2017

ganeshknr, May 18, 2017 :
    Time to put it out of our misery :p

mani jang shar and G_plusone like this.
  17. shanca01 Eclair May 18, 2017

shanca01, May 18, 2017 :
    Nice one 1⃣.. Hoping oneplus 5 ll look better.. And not this lookalike op3 leaks everywhere

18. fonzobreaker Honeycomb May 18, 2017

fonzobreaker, May 18, 2017 :
    That's a fantastic news you just dropped can't wait to see how it will perform on the next flagship killer ... I think that the camera is actually the only thing to improve to let every user switch to OP once for all because un 3T the camera experience is great but mainly for "aware" users
    Keep rocking and never settle !

19. shanca01 Eclair May 18, 2017

Attached Files:

mani jang shar likes this.
  20. G_Mohammed_Aflah_Gapg Cupcake May 18, 2017

G_Mohammed_Aflah_Gapg, May 18, 2017 :
    When op2 came people criticised about lack of fast charging, then OnePlus made it not better ,but the Best in the market till date with DASH CHARGING by op3, and the only little problem with op3 to compete with flagships were the camera, so as the pattern op5 will have best in class camera ... My hope...