Shipping the Storm of Invites

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David S. Administrator Staff Member Jul 1, 2014

David S., Jul 1, 2014 :
    Since my last post regarding the status of the Europe warehouse there have been no further updates on the stock. I am writing to give you guys the latest info we have from our Europe and US warehouses.

Lots of people who have received invites are asking why their status still shows pending. I want to be as factual as possible in my explanation of these delays.

Last week, two large shipments, one headed to the US, the other to Europe, were delayed by many small issues compounded. We did not leave enough leeway for these delays and the fact we had promised contest winners invites pressured us to send the invites out before shipments arrived at the warehouse.

We are 20 days behind our own schedule, below I list the delays we suffered:
    • Production Scheduling Conflicts - 3 days
    • Low-yield Rate on Back Covers - 7 days
    • Incomplete Clearance Documents - 4 days
    • Weekends - 4 days
    • Timezone/Different Cut-off Times - 2 days
    We should have contacted and updated each of you with the status of your package before the deadline, but we didn't. Excuses do not work retroactively and we are sorry that we failed again at communicating with you guys. We are trying, but clearly not enough.

The good news is that we’ve worked out these issues and both shipments will arrive at their respective warehouses this week. From there, both the Europe and US warehouses should be able to ship the next working day and we should be offering tracking numbers one working day later.

At the moment we are aiming to get the tracking numbers sent to everyone who placed an order last week before the 9th of July.

If you cannot wait that long for the phone, please request a refund. We will help cancel the order and submit the refund request to our finance department as soon as possible. The refund should arrive in a few days.

Currently our Customer Support team is swamped with a lot of tickets. We have recently welcomed new staff on board but it'll take them some time to get up to speed.

To me, this is the perfect example of why we must use the invite system right now. The invite system helps us test our production line, shipping channels, and warehousing in order to find and troubleshoot problems exactly like this. We are very close to working out all the bugs, and once we do, a lot more devices will come.

Again, thank you all for your patience. Remember that although we have received a considerable amount of buzz thanks to our fans, we are still a very young company with occasional hiccups.

Everything is a learning experience for us. Please trust that we are working day and night, giving our all, trying to get you all devices ASAP.

arof, cross_eur, jimmydc and 531 others like this.
  2. Singhbaba Level: Jelly Bean Jul 1, 2014

Singhbaba, Jul 1, 2014 :
    Edit @David S.

Question:- Will One plus refund the shipping costs since there is a delay due to reasons best known to you and as they missed to deliver on their promised time frame.?

This would bring visibility and attention to the issue.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014

fhar0006, Nise, tabz and 44 others like this.
  3. J0han Level: KitKat Moderator Jul 1, 2014

J0han, Jul 1, 2014 :
    I'm still telling my brother "soon" when he asks me when he will receive his invite. I hope it won't be too long before I can tell him "tomorrow" :D

4. Dexter Morgan Level: Lollipop Jul 1, 2014

5. Che Guevara Level: Honeycomb Jul 1, 2014

6. herbmks Level: Jelly Bean Jul 1, 2014

Keith.Huen likes this.
  7. xunknownx Level: Honeycomb Jul 1, 2014

Keith.Huen likes this.
  8. dcohr Level: KitKat Jul 1, 2014

Keith.Huen likes this.
  9. gorbuha Level: KitKat Jul 1, 2014

10. So_ony Level: KitKat Senior Moderator Jul 1, 2014

Keith.Huen and nige730 like this.
  11. Nuno Level: Jelly Bean Jul 1, 2014

Keith.Huen likes this.
  12. Hanson Lee Level: Marshmallow Senior Moderator Jul 1, 2014

13. Cooklung Level: Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 1, 2014

Cooklung, Jul 1, 2014 :
    Oh man...I know I reserved this spot so I could think of some clever comment. I got nothing other then, "I am disappoint".

14. DuB_Droid Level: Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 1, 2014

15. WePlay Level: Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 1, 2014

Gus-123456789 and jgallar like this.
  16. Malek Level: Jelly Bean Jul 1, 2014

17. deejay01 Level: KitKat Jul 1, 2014

18. danger2u Level: KitKat Jul 1, 2014

danger2u, Jul 1, 2014 :
    and Race winners?? @Jerry @David S.

animous, oblivio and Neitsab like this.
  19. psymin Level: Jelly Bean Jul 1, 2014

20. alealvag Level: Jelly Bean Jul 1, 2014

netdiver, jgallar and HushH like this.