[ROM][OFFICIAL][4.4.4]OnePlus AOSP

1. Mike

Mike Administrator Staff Member

Friends,

We're really happy about the fact that our phone is one of the first to run a recognized custom ROM out of the box. For most of you, the phone comes fully equipped out of the box and that's good. We know there's tinkerers out there, though, who like to try a bunch of new stuff; that's why we started this development forum.

Today, we're launching our own version of AOSP for those who want that 100% pure Android feel. We've worked hard at this so we hope you'll enjoy it, but keep in mind it is a work in progress. Make sure to read the known issues list below and follow the instructions.

Links

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712463962

Source: https://github.com/OnePlusTech/android_kernel_oneplus_one

Instructions

1. Place the downloaded .zip somewhere easily accessible on your phone - I use /Download
    2. Unlock bootloader and acquire custom recovery (TWRP recommended) from here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/
    3. Reboot to recovery (power off, then power + volume down until it vibrates)
    4. Wipe your device (incl. cache & dalvik)
    5. Flash the .zip
    (5.1) Flash Gapps (you'll have to do a quick search for this - we cannot distribute them.)
    6. Reboot

Notes

General

- Warranty info: Doing this does not void your warranty. If you brick your phone, however, you're on your own. We will repair it, but that's not covered by warranty.
    - Please don't use toolkits. Learning how this works is good for you.

Changelog

23/8/2014:

- Fixed USB/AC charging bug
    - Improvements to in-call volume

17/8/2014:
    - Added a ton of new languages
    - Added navbar switch - go to Settings -> Display -> Software buttons to enable them
    - Added support for 4K video
    - Bumped camera resolution to 13MP

Known issues

Do hunt for bugs with us - with the help of you, our bleeding-edge users, we’ll be able to improve this product until it’s 100% stable and beyond.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  2. rickneworleansla

rickneworleansla Level: Jelly Bean

Nice. I was wondering if there would be a stock Android release. Cant wait to try this. Thanks!

3. xaser240

xaser240 Moderator

Nice to see more roms becoming available.
    Untitled.png

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  4. rnmhaag

rnmhaag Level: KitKat

It's great to have a development forum that grows out of interest in a single product...I really appreciate the work that goes into developing the rom. Thanks for the effort.

5. Kazekumiho

Kazekumiho Level: Jelly Bean

Yeah! I'll stick with CM until I hate it, but thanks!

+1 for "Please don't use toolkits. Learning how this works is good for you." XD

6. Masson

Masson Level: Honeycomb

Wow, this is neat.

Thanks!

7. decane

decane Level: Froyo

that is fast

8. Tadrish

Tadrish Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

awesome..

Pranav Phatak likes this.
  9. kwanzee

kwanzee Level: Honeycomb

SWEET!

Pranav Phatak and Kazekumiho like this.
  10. Waterdroid

Waterdroid Moderator

Great, this is the best way for ROM builders to start off! Thanks for making this way easier. :)

antojose, rom101415, Adilson and 13 others like this.
  11. Davidian

Davidian Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

Neat work.

12. Squibz

Squibz Level: Gingerbread

I wasn't expecting this at all. This is nice for the small amount of people who don't like CM. Will it come with frequent updates?

13. mirzatron

mirzatron Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

Thanks!

Pranav Phatak and Bijuthomas like this.
  14. Danish2980

Danish2980 Level: Froyo

Thank you ! :)

15. avargaslopez

avargaslopez Level: Froyo

This is wicked sweet. I might try this if I get tired of the CM11S nightlies.

16. rickneworleansla

rickneworleansla Level: Jelly Bean

Agreed. A few days ago I was attempting to use one of the toolkits. After a couple of hours I gave up and switched to the command line. I was done in a few minutes.

17. yonoshiro

yonoshiro Level: Jelly Bean

Brilliant. I am currently on Mahdi ROM but I applaud your team's innovation in Software support and ROM releases. :)

18. YaronS

YaronS Level: Doughnut

19. m_zuned

m_zuned Level: Jelly Bean

This is cool stuff. But I've been using CM on s3 and kinda like it as it's more customisable then stock android.

Mukundms, pier, desmond52 and 2 others like this.
  20. jerrah

jerrah Level: KitKat

yea, this came out of left field, but its pretty cool.

Jay desai, alerton, leon2 and 2 others like this.