RIP OnePlus?

1. riahc3 Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2017

riahc3, Sep 13, 2017 :
    After seeing the new iPhone X, is it basically RIP for OnePlus?

I mean don't get me wrong; I hate the iPhone and think it is overpriced but the OnePlus 5 neither has waterproof protection nor wireless charging, which OnePlus CEO said "nooone uses". Well, *****, with the iPhone I'm sure a lot of people are going to start using it now.

The OnePlus 5 feels and looks like a 2015 flagship at best...not a 2017-2018 one.

I really hope OnePlus gets their act together with the OnePlus 6. Honestly, release a OnePlus 5T with a similar price range and alongside release a OnePlus 6 with a higher price tag but feature to actually compete.

pojr and lostLambda like this.
  2. dsmonteiro Lollipop Community Expert Sep 13, 2017

dsmonteiro, Sep 13, 2017 :
    Yes, OnePlus is doomed because of one phone that, in some markets, costs almost three times what the OP5 costs. /s

3. G_Shivam_Murarka_fIUk Cupcake Sep 13, 2017

G_Shivam_Murarka_fIUk, Sep 13, 2017 :
    Well , Considering the fact that you would like wireless charging on the OnePlus 5 - would want to loose the dash charge ? I mean ...if you had wireless charging , would you rather use it or go for the Dash charge !
    Secondly , as mentioned earlier - the OnePlus team would have loved to put a infinity display but they dont have the technology and resources ( specs of being a limited company )
    Thirdly - I agree to the fact that water resistancy is very essential and so we hope to discover something new in the upcoming launch event .

4. jizang KitKat Sep 13, 2017

jizang, Sep 13, 2017 :
    yea lets all blame a fruit for OnePlus faults :rolleyes:

5. sommersy Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2017

sommersy, Sep 13, 2017 :
    If I had a thousand euro for every 'Oneplus Dead?' thread I've ever seen....:rolleyes:

And anyway, no. No android device-based company is going to fall apart because Apple have produced a fugly Essential clone (Seriously, it looks bad. and facial recognition as the main security feature? do not want. Oneplus?... don't do this). I can only presume it's come to make the Galaxy 8 and LG6/30 lines look even better.

6. Ankith.Gunupudi Cupcake Sep 13, 2017

Ankith.Gunupudi, Sep 13, 2017 :
    iPhone x came , but see the price also. OnePlus gives the best phones with medium price.
    Even Moto G5S+ came with dual camera . and taking pictures in depth effect as good as OnePlus 5
    New phones will come every month . we should not care all those . if we care . we will be unhappy all the time.

7. AnotherM1m Donut Sep 13, 2017

AnotherM1m, Sep 13, 2017 :
    This post is pretty dumb.
    I mean, people who buy 1+ products are either enthusiast or from country who are developing themselves right now.
    The first are going for 1+ because for their prices the phones are awesome, the second ones because their markets can't go for something too much expensive.
    You shouldn't judge a phone so harshly for optional features.
    The 1+5 isn't garbage right now, it's one of the best phones on the market.
    The phone's speed and... let's say "basic features" (camera, screen, audio etc) have more relevance over optional feature.
    Heck, what I mean is, the new iPhone may have FaceID/wireless recharge or be waterproof, but if the photos are worst than 1+5 and it's slower than 1+5, or also recharging the new iphone wirelessly takes forever while on my 1+5 i can charge it in around 40/50minutes, then i have no doubt about what the best phone is.

8. camohan Lollipop Moderator Sep 13, 2017

camohan, Sep 13, 2017 :
    Everytime new phone comes and a new thread is opened with RIP Oneplus, Oneplus is doomed, etc. And everytime Oneplus manages to sell more than million devices in first dew months..
    What an irony isnt it?

9. Sun90 Lollipop Sep 13, 2017

Sun90, Sep 13, 2017 :
    Yeah.
    It's real irony to see this very thread still open for comments.;)

Gonzo01, otto2, Bobbie63 and 3 others like this.
  10. G_plusone Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2017

G_plusone, Sep 13, 2017 :
    People who buy the X probably won't care about the op5 or any oneplus device at the moment

remedy likes this.
  11. G_Jonas_Boateng_dyYG Froyo Sep 13, 2017

AnnieLeonheart likes this.
  12. eye842 Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2017

eye842, Sep 13, 2017 :
    After every iphone comes a greater Android phone and another and another until (cr)apple launches their next phone and so it goes over and over.
    One Plus won't go anywhere because of yet another overpriced phone.

Praty_28 likes this.
  13. F_Kaz_Gipson_xzZT Cupcake Sep 13, 2017

F_Kaz_Gipson_xzZT, Sep 13, 2017 :
    no because 1) dash charging is better 2) 1+ is cheeper and 3) edge to edge displays are pointless 4) facial recognition is no better than finger print and in fact failed to work at the launch 6) 64gb internal memory come on now and 7) the 1+ has a freaking headphone jack!! the iPhone X is apples last ditch attempt to prove it still has what it takes on the smart phone market the sad truth is the apple has fallen android has taken over with companies like one plus leading the way so no not RIP one plus more like RIP iPhone

suryaphanitej, Praty_28 and omarchic like this.
  14. omarchic Froyo Sep 13, 2017

omarchic, Sep 13, 2017 :
    after seeing the iphone x price.
    I'm going to buy the oneplus 5 today with smile on my face.

otto2 and F_Kaz_Gipson_xzZT like this.
  15. v0 HaVoK 0v Honeycomb Sep 13, 2017

v0 HaVoK 0v, Sep 13, 2017 :
    Ok, I don't believe anything will be doomed by the OnePlus, but yes, it may be a little set back for the OP5 but not OnePlus as a whole...
    God I can't believe people still bother with these posts... You do realize this happens every year with new phones? Over and Over and Over the cycle goes.... Something will beat the iPhone, then that something will be beaten by something else, and on and on and on and then over again. Just buy what you want because it's always going to be outdated. This isn't some kind of boxing match or something......

16. jferraz Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2017

jferraz, Sep 13, 2017 :
    After seeing iPhone X keynote I believe Apple is going to face a huge flop. It delivers nothing useful or truly innovative. Of course the fanboys are going to brag about Face id or another gimmick they copy by only adding a different name but the fact is that the new iPhones (8 and X) fails miserably to deliver something that Apple had been delivering ever since the first iPhone: Innovation.

17. iamelton Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2017

iamelton, Sep 13, 2017 :
    just realised that this thread was not started by a #Cupcake..
    surprise.. surprise..

otto2 and eye842 like this.
  18. Dunnow KitKat Sep 13, 2017

Dunnow, Sep 13, 2017 :
    excuse me?

The s8, s7 and s6 had all wireless charging, waterproof, ir blaster, heartbeat sensor, almost double the resolution and a long ETC of things that neither the iphone nor op5 have nor will have, and I don't see you saying Samsung killed OnePlus... even tho its obvious they are not at the same level

Gonzo01, otto2, SoniaB and 3 others like this.
  19. meatandy Marshmallow Sep 13, 2017

Gonzo01 and theshinybeast like this.
  20. G_Violaknight1989_Viola_ Gingerbread Sep 13, 2017

G_Violaknight1989_Viola_, Sep 13, 2017 :
    well , this moment it will be for Apple when the curve is going down ,deep.down. let's whait and see.
    in change others brands it will go up .