[Q&A] The Ultimate OnePlus 5 Guide - Solutions e.t.c.

1. gowthammotox Froyo Jul 12, 2017

gowthammotox, Jul 12, 2017 :
    res
    hard reset and check again...

2. mriganksinha Gingerbread Jul 12, 2017

mriganksinha, Jul 12, 2017 :
    I was earlier able to connect my OP5 to android auto in my car, but after the update i only see a blank screen.
    Using the original in-box cable to connect.
    the phone and the car system both indicate that android auto is connected.
    I cleared android auto cache, reinstalled the app and also re-paired the phone with the music system -still doesnt work.

My Oneplus One still connects to AA without any issues.

Also when i connect my OP5 via bluetooth, the google play music app plays the tracks but no sound comes in the car music system, i need to restart my OP5 and then it works perfectly.

Any pointers to sort this would be appreciated. Couldn't really find anything on the forum about this.

3. iNtEnSePL Jelly Bean Jul 12, 2017

iNtEnSePL, Jul 12, 2017 :
    Neither OP3T nor OP5 is on the list of supported devices (read: they don't support the DRM that Netflix requires to run FHD, it's a thing that has to be built in OS, and currently is not).

4. hungryskeleton Cupcake Jul 12, 2017

hungryskeleton, Jul 12, 2017 :
    Hello, I'm a student in China and I just received my OP5 that I purchased recently today. Since it's a Chinese OP5, I want to switch to the global Oxygen OS. It was one of the primary reasons why I decided to purchase the phone, mainly because the developers seem to be completely fine with giving users the freedom to swap OSes if they choose, and many other Chinese smartphones that come with a Chinese OS tend to cause issues when attempting to change OSes.

However, I've run into some difficulty. I followed the guide posted here, with some differences:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-3-chinese-version.454030/

Connect to your computer and a popup will come up asking you to verify rsa key, click always allow from this computer and click okay - This did not occur for me, I didn't get a popup

Boot your phone into recovery mode (power and volume down) and wipe data and cache then click install from USB and connect to your computer
    ---
    Make sure adb recognises your device by typing in
    adb devices

If it returns with your serial number then all is good
    ---
    Type in
    adb sideload oxygenos.zip

This point is where the trouble starts. I didn't rename the zipfile for the latest Oxygen OS. This is the filename: OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_010_all_1707032122_2a134296766a4804

I'm not sure if that made a difference or not considering this is for the OP3, but yeah. Upon attempting to sideload, I keep receiving an error in the cmd window saying adb is unable to read the zip file. Due to this, I've been unable to install Oxygen OS on it. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would help me out as I'd really like to start using and enjoying this device. :(

5. Dr. kalpesh Cupcake Jul 12, 2017

Dr. kalpesh, Jul 12, 2017 :
    OK plz guide me further... does it require wifi to IR converter?
    or can u suggest few apps?

6. Pwalraven30 Donut Jul 12, 2017

Pwalraven30, Jul 12, 2017 :
    I had the same problem, you have to download the Android Studio this contain the latest version of ADB install this and restart you're PC and then you are able to sideload the file without errors

7. mahesh hooda Cupcake Jul 13, 2017

8. Funk Wizard KitKat Moderator Jul 13, 2017

Funk Wizard, Jul 13, 2017 :
    What issue

9. Valase Donut Jul 13, 2017

Valase, Jul 13, 2017 :
    Is it normal to have a weird purple refresh effect on my OP5 (similar to jelly effect but color) when using dark theme apps (like phone settings) while at minimum brightness(meaning not set by the adaptive brightness but set to minimum manually )?

It is best noticed while in a dark room.

10. shijopj2014 Honeycomb Jul 13, 2017

shijopj2014, Jul 13, 2017 :
    Hi
    Received my oneplus 5 yesterday. I have two queiries:
    1. How to disable the vibration while unlocking the phone
    2. How to disable the headsup notifications.
    thanks

fbsoft01 likes this.
  11. fbsoft01 Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

fbsoft01, Jul 14, 2017 :
    Hi, i've got the 5 a few days ago, and i've been looking into different features... the one that i miss the most from my Xiaomi, is the camera flash of the led when the phone rings, where can i find this option ?

I do need it, as i might misplace the phone sometimes or leave it in an other room and ... it's a good searching light for me, to see where it is at... Thanks

12. iNtEnSePL Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2017

iNtEnSePL, Jul 14, 2017 :
    isn't ringing sound used for this? and since flash is at the back you'd have to place your phone on the screen for the feature to be usable at all... not a great idea by xiaomi...

13. Utkarsh Arora Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

14. kirantoshniwal Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

15. vj_dubey Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

vj_dubey, Jul 14, 2017 :
    They are pretty consistent in support. I guess OnePlus 5 will be supported up to 3 cycles of android update which is fair enough. At least 3 years of active support. And there is always XDA forum for any eventualities if any!

16. makhil2008 Gingerbread Jul 14, 2017

17. hungryskeleton Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

hungryskeleton, Jul 14, 2017 :
    Thanks, I'll try this!

18. fbsoft01 Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

fbsoft01, Jul 14, 2017 :
    Well i do , as i do not want to get distracted by the many other sounds and things that the phone does, or notifications from messenger or whatsapp and other such apps, all i want is the phone to ring and make a strong light. In some cases if the mute is on, or the sound is turned to the point you can hardly hear what do you do then ?

19. Sebbef8 Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

Sebbef8, Jul 14, 2017 :
    TWRP was removed from my device after downloading 4.5.5 somehow? I got the stock recovery now. This is really getting annoying now. The recovery is completely ****** and I don't really feel like wiping the device every time I update it.

20. gowthammotox Froyo Jul 14, 2017

gowthammotox, Jul 14, 2017 :
    inbuilt there is no option in OP but you can install apps from Play-store when i checked i got the the following one Ringing Flashlight click that link and install it from play store.
    hope you got the solution
    #Peace