Display Proximity Sensor

1. acuntomichele Donut Apr 19, 2017

acuntomichele, Apr 19, 2017 :
    Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with the proximity sensor while phone calls. The display is getting active and therefore the touch screen is also active, giving problem with other Apps and other options. Does anyone resolve this Problem?

Thanks

2. Vector Jelly Bean Apr 19, 2017

3. srijancb Cupcake Apr 20, 2017

4. Predict23 Gingerbread Apr 21, 2017

5. elanglois KitKat Apr 21, 2017

elanglois, Apr 21, 2017 :
    Please report to forums.Oneplus.net/feedback as there are already bug reports. Please be as detailed as you can.

Tell me, did the screen come on when a notification appeared or updated? Were you downloading, or did you have any monitoring app open that gives a notification that constantly changes ?

And let me guess ... you have Ambient Display turned on. For now, turn off ambient display. Ambient display isn't checking the proximity sensor before turning on the screen, and it also turns on the screen during notification updates rather than just new notifications which result in the screen blinking during a download.

Personally, I think ambient display should only turn on the screen when a notification plays a sound or flashes the led or vibrates. These should all be turned off during a call, or delayed until the call hangs up. This would stop downloads from blinking, solves the vibrate during calls, solves this issue, and saves some juice by meaningless notifications not turning on the screen, and we don't need to check the prox sensor during ambient display. Much cleaner.

Giannis_Xalikia likes this.
  6. tuomeyp Cupcake Apr 22, 2017

tuomeyp, Apr 22, 2017 :
    Does any one know what it wavelength will trigger the it sensor ? Working on side projects, with a use case for remote triggered proximity sensor ?

Giannis_Xalikia likes this.
  7. mayur_023 Cupcake Apr 26, 2017

mayur_023, Apr 26, 2017 :
    I am facing the same issue in my OnePlus 3t. Display doesn't turn off during calls, my phone is updated to latest version.
    I have contacted customer care. They asked me to do proximity sensor test but hardware was fine.
    Then they asked me to clear cache data, that didn't work.
    Then they asked me to clear all data and factory reset, I did that but the problem still exists. Can anyone help me with this issue. I am really tired of this issue.

Request you experts to help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance.
    Regards

8. Etgbicbob Froyo Apr 26, 2017

Etgbicbob, Apr 26, 2017 :
    This is a issue since quite sometime but I think oneplus is incapable to solve this issue.

banditknight likes this.
  9. astancioi Gingerbread Apr 26, 2017

10. banditknight Honeycomb Apr 26, 2017

banditknight, Apr 26, 2017 :
    It is not a proximity sensor issue. it is the dialer app that is buggy. i use to suffer from the same issue on my OP3 running 4.1.3. I have installed the Google dialer and never experienced the problem again. I suggest doing the same.

11. onepv Eclair Apr 26, 2017

onepv, Apr 26, 2017 :
    I had this problem after updating OOS 4.1.3 via OTA.
    However I downloaded the full ROM 4.1.3 on the oneplus download site and then did the local update. After that I did not have the problem again.
    However I found in the forum the answer below and it seems that Oneplus already detected the error and will correct in the next update

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...not-work-properly.482565/page-2#post-16056127

12. DonyChalce Cupcake May 10, 2017

DonyChalce, May 10, 2017 :
    Hi,

i need an app to fix my proximity sensor, but those on the playstore aren't compatible. During calls or Voice Messages from Whatsapp my Screen turns black and can't be activated till the voice message ends. Need help pls.

Patricia

13. darkblueeye Cupcake May 21, 2017

darkblueeye, May 21, 2017 :
    Hello,
    I've got the same problem since months now. Using the the diagnostic tool show that the sensot works fine. However during calls the scrren wakes up and i am doing weird inputs resulting in hanging up the call in worst case.
    This cannot be true, is there no workaound?? Clearing cahce etc. didn't work for me.
    Is there some workaorund maybe to permantnely turn-off display when accepting a call and just turn it on again by pressing the hardware on-button on the side? Would be okay for me as a workaround as in current state it is not possible to do any phone calls.
    Thank you.

14. acuntomichele Donut Jul 18, 2017