Product Rollout Plans - Pre-orders Later in 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl

Carl Administrator Staff Member

Friends,

We have been actively collecting and discussing the feedback that you’ve had to the invite system. There is still a lot of confusion around the goals of the invite system, which means that we haven’t done our best to communicate this. However, we’ve also noticed that the attitude completely changes when a user actually receives an invite.

One of the major pain points of the system lies in the anxiety of not knowing what needs to be done to obtain an invite, and the idea of spending a lot of time and effort to get one. This was not a planned side effect of the invite system, and we recognize that it is counterproductive to the great user experience of buying a OnePlus smartphone that we’re aiming for.

We want to find a solution that can both allow us to reward early fans, as well as provide a pain free and time efficient way for busy people to buy our device. Therefore, we’ll launch our devices in multiple stages: invites only with a transition into invites and pre-orders.

Initial period: Invites

The first months following our launch, we need to ensure consistency in product and service quality. We need to make sure that the product performs well, as well as fix any problems that may hinder a higher yield rate as production ramps up. At the same time, customer service and logistics also need to get ready to handle the upcoming demand, so that our users aren’t left with in a situation where service is poor. For these reasons, the devices will be sold via an invite system.

Stable period: Invites and Pre-orders

Once our business operations are on track to handle the demand, we will be able to provide more detailed estimations on when we can ship. When this happens, we will launch pre-orders in addition to invites.

If you have an invite, you’ll be able to purchase your device immediately. If you don’t have an invite, you’ll be able to pay for and pre-order your device, during which you’ll be given an estimation on when the order can be shipped. Before the order is processed, you are also free to cancel your pre-order for a full refund.

We are currently developing the pre-order functionality. Our best estimation for the launch of this functionality is Q3, but are not able to make any guarantees at this moment.

Update (June 16): Some members are interpreting this as an additional delay. This is incorrect. Nothing has changed on the production front, and a lot of people will be receiving their phones this month. This post is about what comes further down the line.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  2. Garzla

Garzla Moderator

Thanks to communicate with us.
    A little disappointed to learn that it will take longer than I hoped, but this is the game :cool:

Riann3, ronoldo, Dcarter512 and 53 others like this.
  3. nunomrmartins

nunomrmartins Level: Jelly Bean

Let's read...
    Edit:
    Thanks for the update, since Q3 is just around the corner;), but I'm sure I'll have my invite before the World Cup ends :p:p:p

4. Tiftik09

Tiftik09 Level: Honeycomb

first comment - great news and good to know that you show youre support and you are showing interest in what we feel. ;)

[edit] delayed, now im third comment [edit]

Faythfull, rakym, Keith_Huen and 3 others like this.
  5. mtywe

mtywe Level: KitKat

[​IMG]

Wait....... Q3 UGH.

The wait ensues... hopefully i got that youtube video up in time!

Riann3, ronoldo, OKCKforever and 10 others like this.
  6. Frons

Frons Level: Froyo

great !! thanks for the info

Keith_Huen and mattpainting like this.
  7. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan Senior Moderator

My body is ready.

8. Cooklung

Cooklung Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

Q3!? Well that's not going to sit well. At least do the invite rollout based on when you joined the forums. That's pretty fair, I think. No games, just how long you've been here. Do it.

9. gmsila52

gmsila52 Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

The new nexus will probably be announced/released in October. Hope you guys can roll plenty of devices out before then.

10. jpswer

jpswer Level: Jelly Bean

Yay :) More information is WINNNN Thanks :)

EDIT:

I think this is key. Production has not changed. Loads of people will have devices by end June. I think the fact is that Forum numbers are increasing by thousands daily so of course everyone won't have a device by the end June as people joining now will be at the back of the queue (and rightly so ;))

11. vassy.uk

vassy.uk Level: KitKat

12. dirok001

dirok001 Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

It would be nice if the Storm would start in the following days

13. RozJC

RozJC Level: Honeycomb

Well, now this is interesting...

mattpainting and ronela97 like this.
  14. deejay01

deejay01 Level: KitKat

15. iphone_despiser

iphone_despiser Level: Froyo

finally an announcement that you guys will be rolling out the phone to the general public, albeit via pre-order

noblecuz, mattpainting, viney and 3 others like this.
  16. elago

elago Level: Jelly Bean

This is not useful at all...

Samuell, mahvi, slavallwyn and 62 others like this.
  17. ManuH8

ManuH8 Level: Jelly Bean

Good

uchi likes this.
  18. dabigloosa

dabigloosa Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

So no general Invites as you promised before? Did I got this right now? :)

jeev20, Boosty, KeenBean and 19 others like this.
  19. JAIGON

JAIGON Level: KitKat

"The following months after launch, invites will be much easier to get by", it´s already July, guys...

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  20. YKK

YKK Level: KitKat

Thnx, I guess...

Is it still supposed to be a Flagship-Killer in Q3?

ronoldo, Bkoch22, Lokesh Raj and 66 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.