[Poll] Voice Wake Up Sentence (New Feature inside!)

?

How would you like to "wake up" your OnePlus One?

1. OK, OnePlus!

1,072 vote(s)
    62.4%
  2. Wake up, OnePlus!

233 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Alakazam

414 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. David S.

David S. Administrator Staff Member

Tired of unlocking your phone before interacting with it? Pins and fingerprints are a thing of the past! Ever wondered how would it be if you could command your phone to set up an alarm or do a search on Google without having to use your fingertips? The future is now!

We've developed a new voice recognition/command feature based on Qualcomm's technology which the Cyanogen team has implemented into our customized version of CyanogenMod OS. Now, you can train your OnePlus One to recognize your voice and perform different tasks even when the phone is locked!

Vote above to help choose the command that will unlock the OnePlus One!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  2. nickyg008

nickyg008 Level: Éclair

Nice. Similar to the Moto x? I assume with a different hot word..... maybe "OK one plus"

Update: couldn't see the poll on Tapatalk app. Guess right though :)

Update 2: any chance the hotword could be chosen by the user on start up? Or maybe all three work so it's what the user wants to use

3. bhavin

bhavin Level: Gingerbread

Ok Looks Good

4. Mat

Mat Level: Honeycomb

We need this when we want answer to a call or wake up the phone to send message or call without to touch the phone.

But we need this in OFFLINE MOD : ) and it's more difficult at this state

5. dunkelwichtel

dunkelwichtel Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

Well i like the idea.."ok, one plus" sounds great!

6. plikmuny

plikmuny Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

Ok, that sounds great David, but what would be the Hot Word used for command ?
    PO sounds great & unique where not usually any language user uses this word so frequently....
    PO... and then the command. I think this would be simple , small & effective.

7. Aditya T S

Aditya T S Level: Éclair

The One Plus One is turning out to be a perfect hybrid of all the top phones.

imna357, mahvi, Adiyel and 3 others like this.
  8. ved prakash

ved prakash Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

alakazam sound interesting , but saying that in front of my friends ?? - "they will think i am still living in pokemons world :p".
    "wake up one plus" sounds as if opo is lazy which it is not so it can't be.

for now ok one plus or just "one plus" or some user customisable word should do (i would name it for my boss name and have him open the browser or make a call for me :D).

maeann, manshyworld, Linanc7 and 6 others like this.
  9. Sandeep Mandava

Sandeep Mandava Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

Finally these are the features..that really help...Having to unlock a phone with out even touching the power button ...
    It would be good to wake the screen up(if the environment demands to be quite-cant use the voice commands) with out touching the power button...like a double tap on the screen or something..like proximity sensor waking the screen up...or based accelerometer movements...etc..for example

CN 103179260 A

10. ML_Heng

ML_Heng Level: Honeycomb

What about Okey dokey? Or Hello, One plus?

11. MCMXCIVR

MCMXCIVR Level: Jelly Bean

Personally, I don't want to look like a R*%*#ARD when I need to wake up my phone. For me 'OK, OnePlus!' would be okay.

12. infernowheels

infernowheels Level: KitKat

If it doesn't work offline then don't count my vote.

13. Andrew Z

Andrew Z Level: Ice Cream Sandwich Senior Moderator

Great functionality!

The command must be something short, as it would be used very often. I would like to have just "OnePlus". "OK, OnePlus" also sound reasonable.

Maybe you could open another contest for best option? I believe someone in community may come up with something interesting.

Jing14, Binez and Aditya T S like this.
  14. Adam Krisko

Adam Krisko Administrator Staff Member

This is a great feature that I was really hoping for! "OK One plus " seems to be good enough, but my only question is that these words are said often enough in real life, unlike the hot word "okay Google now". Being able to set your own hot word would be most effective I think.

15. Aditya.k

Aditya.k Level: Cupcake

That's cool! :D

16. Prabuflash

Prabuflash Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

Shorter the better. but definetly not Alakazam..

Ok Oneplus..!

17. dunkelwichtel

dunkelwichtel Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

how about: "beam me up, scotty" ;)

18. GregOrevo

GregOrevo Level: KitKat Moderator

This is gonna be a cool feature, but mostly at home ;)

abdullah alajmi and muddy46 like this.
  19. Imlb

Imlb Level: Honeycomb

Ok, One Plus...Tell me when are you getting launched? :)

abdullah alajmi and muddy46 like this.
  20. Radeon962

Radeon962 Level: KitKat

Here's hoping that the phone also includes active notifications like the Moto X who did it the best so far.

imna357 likes this.