[Poll] Invites for a Cause

?

Which charity should receive the money raised from the eBay auction?

Poll closed May 30, 2014.
  1. Water.org

2,548 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. Unicef

2,778 vote(s)
    38.4%
  3. WWF

1,247 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. 1% for the Planet

680 vote(s)
    9.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Administrator Staff Member

Forums.png

By now, most of the 100 chosen smashers have received their phones. We’re happy to say that out of those 100, 86 winners decided to donate their old phone to our friends at Medic Mobile, who will help to refurbish these phones for use by healthcare workers in impoverished regions of the world.

We’ve loved seeing the OnePlus community give back, and so wanted to do even more good with the help of our fans. So, we’ve decided to auction off a “super pack” of invites. That’s right, the highest bidder will be the proud new owner of 15 invites for the OnePlus One - to be used (one) and given away (the rest).

What will happen with the money is up to you. We have preselected the four charities below to receive 100% of the money raised. They are all geared towards helping the environment and/ or impoverished regions around the world which is something we can all feel great about supporting.

If you’d like, feel free to rally together and bid as a group. After all, 15 invites are a lot for just one person. The important thing is that we kick off the first of many opportunities to get some invites and raise money for a great cause while doing so.

Take a look at the four pre-selected charities below and vote for your favorite!

EDIT:
    We are glad to see the amount of participation we have had in this poll over the past two days. The results are tight but Unicef is the clear winner.

eBay offers the option to choose between two different projects from UNICEF: U.S. Fund for UNICEF or UNICEF Tap Water Project.

Having seen that a lot of our forum users voted for Water.org we have decided to donate 100% of the money we raise from this auction to Unicef’s Tap Water Project.

With $1, UNICEF can provide a child with access to clean, safe water for 40 days. Let’s see how many kids we can help together :)

The auction will open today, May 31 at 9:00 am EDT time and close at Saturday, June 7 at 9:00 am EDT time. Click the link and start bidding -> [SOON]

EDIT 2:

We are contacting eBay to find out why they cancelled the auction. We'll re-launch it sometime next week, time when we will re-open this thread. Thanks for your support!

FINAL EDIT:

Auction happening here: http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/invites-for-a-cause-the-auction.26094/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
    arof, mariano_bv, cl503 and 460 others like this.
  2. Darnell

Darnell Level: KitKat

86 out of 100 donated their phones! I did not expect such a high percentage. That's amazing and beautiful to here about this auction of invites for charity. You guys are doing things right In my humble opinion.

In regards of which charity to be chosen, clean Water is an overlooked luxury for most people. Although I think the entire forum should take their time to learn about each and choose to support them if they have the means to.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  3. aquila

aquila Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

Water is essential...

nippuside, kh9616, jet922 and 23 others like this.
  4. alextdarling

alextdarling Level: Jelly Bean

Great idea, but paying for the right to buy a phone is abit annoying, despite the fact it's for a good cause

5. Reverb

Reverb Level: KitKat

Great action!

edit: the reserved posts above me are annoying. they desperately want likes and are searching for some stupid meme atm.

6. xaser240

xaser240 Level: KitKat Moderator Coordinator

I approve this message, My vote goes to water.org
    thumbs-up.jpg

7. Tucker_UK

Tucker_UK Level: KitKat

Good job, OPO!

I'm more than willing to donate my current phone in exchange for an invite or 15! ;)

[​IMG]

In all seriousness: I love the fact that you're not only helping us out with our new gadgets but also thousands across the world who need help with admittedly more important things too.

Talha, Toddski743, kraveth and 15 others like this.
  8. Protherius

Protherius Level: Honeycomb

9. H4mst3r

H4mst3r Level: KitKat

on my bank acc :D

jet922 and fmendez89 like this.
  10. sturmen

sturmen Level: Doughnut

I'm glad y'all are supporting charity.

Predatormilk likes this.
  11. likebutta

likebutta Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

Water is life.

nippuside, wslphbvt, Geowaste and 4 others like this.
  12. fabian.roth

fabian.roth Level: Ice Cream Sandwich

i am for unicef and this is very nice of u OnePlus
    good Job :)

nippuside, Cali_t, gun and 3 others like this.
  13. joens

joens Level: KitKat

Sounds good!
    Great idea.

But I wonder if the total would't be more if you made smaller actions of 2 invites.
    I could buy 15 if they were chaep, but I don't need 15... would rather buy a 2-pack...

If you think like this:

15-pack ~ $100-$200
    2-pack ~ $30-$50

10 of the 2-pack should give more money than one 15-pack.

I won't give more for a 15-pack than a 2-pack because then I have to try to sell the invites in second hand and that is't moraly correct. In my opinion.

Otherwise I have to gather 15 of my friends to buy it together, or in the forum. But then I have to give my money to a random person I don't trust with the chance that he takes the money for himself.

The chance that 2-pack don't end in tears is much bigger. And probably would end of with more money.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
    Binez, Bairdog35, daffte and 30 others like this.
  14. MrAndroid

MrAndroid Level: Jelly Bean

So we gather money for a charity, and the one that gathers most gets 15 invites?

Trowble likes this.
  15. frankaaskov

frankaaskov Level: Gingerbread

It should really be WWF.

16. CopierColler

CopierColler Level: Froyo

I voted Water.org because I think everyone should have access to water in the world.

luckyh, MVichael, besa051970 and 9 others like this.
  17. ivan118

ivan118 Level: Gingerbread

Great job !! Voted !!!

CanadianOne likes this.
  18. AdrianCaro

AdrianCaro Level: Jelly Bean

Claps...

louiepro1, MV1048, daffte and 4 others like this.
  19. johnnytensai

johnnytensai Level: Jelly Bean

the world loves you because of your love~
    thank you

teekanne, lulu217783, MESLEH and 2 others like this.
  20. josefalbadry

josefalbadry Level: Gingerbread

Seems legit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.