Please help! I deleted my whole new phone with TWRP!!!

1. Garryinlondonish Donut Dec 5, 2017

Garryinlondonish, Dec 5, 2017 :
    Please can you Help

I got my new 5T today & now I have bricked it already

I need my phone rooted for work purposes

While fiddling with my phone today I went to TWRP recovery and by mistake deleted everything and formatted my internal storage. Now there are no backups or anything on the phone.

I have been on the net for many, many hours, have pulled out most of my hair trying to figure this one out! I finally found a way to install stock firmware, but somehow it turned out to be the Chinese national variant of the wrong oneplus phone, as the screen is upside-down and is missing a strip which comes up as a fuzzy static bar.

Could somebody please help me with some step by step instructions as I am so confused and cannot possibly repair my bricked phone without some help from a more knowledgeable person.

Thank you in advance for all of the help....

DaxNagtegaal likes this.
  2. jayanyway Gingerbread Dec 5, 2017

3. kevinkrg6 Honeycomb Dec 5, 2017

4. Garryinlondonish Donut Dec 5, 2017

5. n00blit Froyo Dec 5, 2017

6. jayanyway Gingerbread Dec 5, 2017

7. n00blit Froyo Dec 5, 2017

n00blit, Dec 5, 2017 :
    also, I didn't know the Chinese read upside down. I knew arabs read right to left

8. DaxNagtegaal Lollipop Dec 5, 2017

DaxNagtegaal, Dec 5, 2017 :
    Do you have access to fastboot or twrp? If you can access fastboot, use it to flash TWRP and then wipe everything, sideload or push this file: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617948432

Then flash that via TWRP and you're all good.

Source for the file: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ficial-oxygen-os-roms-and-ota-updates.686610/

If you really can't get it done I can help you via teamviewer or something.

9. Garryinlondonish Donut Dec 5, 2017

10. DaxNagtegaal Lollipop Dec 5, 2017

DaxNagtegaal, Dec 5, 2017 :
    Let me know if it worked!

11. Garryinlondonish Donut Dec 6, 2017

Garryinlondonish, Dec 6, 2017 :
    If you really can't get it done I can help you via TeamViewer or something.[/QUOTE]

My friend was helping me before but he had to leave.
    I have tried my best & can't seem to get anywhere,

Tried adb in the command prompt "Win 7 " found device but no luck or I'm missing something,
    Tried the all in one tool as recommended link
    Tried to flash twrp to phone it did a reboot but, no change?
    Also tried to flash twrp in the All In One Tool no change?
    Tried to Erase All Data no change?

As I am still learning this as its a new learning curve for me. I hope I'm missing something silly

If you could help with via TeamViewer it would be great, when you have the time.
    if you could arrange a time? of to bed now as its 4am

or if there else anybody might know I am doing worng

Thanks for your time in this matter

12. Garryinlondonish Donut Dec 6, 2017

Hi all,

To clarify, I have re-flashed the TWRP partition and for some reason, it still boots into the stock recovery mode. No idea why. Using the TOOL ALL IN ONE program for oneplus devices, I cannot seem to push any files to my device in fastboot mode, everything that I do seems to result in either error messages or nothing happens on the device. Also one of the links (stock recovery) I downloaded is an image file and I do not know how to get this to my device, and the description said they should be zips. I can't seem to solve this one, I need some more help with this problem, and I would be very grateful for any input, help or advice at all, especially that which can be given as soon as possible...

Thank you everyone, for all your time and support.

13. jayanyway Gingerbread Dec 6, 2017

jayanyway, Dec 6, 2017 :
    Hmm. Pretty hard to fully brick your phone. There should be a fully reset option in the all in one. If that completes, then flash team win, drop the rom and flash.

14. Garryinlondonish Donut Dec 6, 2017

No, it's not fully bricked. It's only a soft brick and I'm finding it impossible to solve. There is no option to fully reset and because I have a 5T there is no factory image available to tool all in one so when I click flash factory image it says it cannot get one... However, it did say it installed bluspark TWRP but when I boot into recovery mode it's the stock one...

15. DaxNagtegaal Lollipop Dec 6, 2017

DaxNagtegaal, Dec 6, 2017 :
    Do you have Skype or WhatsApp or something? I can help you fix it.

16. Serbian Overlord KitKat Dec 6, 2017

Serbian Overlord, Dec 6, 2017 :
    Why did you root a phone that you didn't take time to try out first and see what is what? I will never understand why people go straight for rooting on brand new phones that haven't been on a market more than 2 weeks.

17. theshinybeast Lollipop Dec 6, 2017

DaxNagtegaal likes this.
  18. Garryinlondonish Donut Dec 6, 2017

yes, I have skype, the email is (redacted) and the tel. number is (redacted). I also have whatsapp. I shall private message you the details

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017

19. Garryinlondonish Donut Dec 6, 2017

DaxNagtegaal likes this.
  20. Lancelot_69 KitKat Dec 6, 2017

theshinybeast and DaxNagtegaal like this.