Pictures merged in Gallery app.

1. G_Angello_KPuY Cupcake Aug 12, 2017

G_Angello_KPuY, Aug 12, 2017 :
    Is there a way that I can unmerge my camera photos and Facebook photos from the"PHOTOS" tab in the Gallery?

Personally I don't like this feature, seems like the Gallery takes all the contents in the DCIM folder in File Manager and recognize them as camera pictures, so if Screenshots and or any other social network pictures were in the DCIM, they would also merge with my original camera photos. Also in the "Camera" collection automatically created by the Gallery, the camera and Facebook pictures are merged. It would be nice if the gallery only recognize the "Camera" folder inside DCIM in File Manager as camera photos, as they actually are my camera photos.

2. Horsault Lollipop Moderator Aug 12, 2017

3. G_Angello_KPuY Cupcake Aug 13, 2017

G_Angello_KPuY, Aug 13, 2017 :
    Can't change saving location in Facebook.

I tried moving the "Facebook" folder to other location, and it worked, the pictures unmerged, but when I went to the app and saved another picture, it created another "Facebook" folder inside DCIM that got merged with my camera pictures and the picture was only saved in that folder, not in the other one.

There's a sorting problem in the Gallery app.

4. MarkyPancake Gingerbread Aug 13, 2017

MarkyPancake, Aug 13, 2017 :
    It's things like this that make me continue to use an old, before Cheetah Mobile, version of QuickPic. Still the best gallery app I've used.

5. G_Angello_KPuY Cupcake Aug 13, 2017

G_Angello_KPuY, Aug 13, 2017 :
    I created a .nomedia file inside the "Facebook" folder in the DCIM folder and the pictures got unmerged, they also disappeared from the Gallery, the only way I can get them is looking for them in the file manager. They can't get read if I try to share them with the share feature inside other apps, I have to look for them in the file manager, and share them from there.
    I was trying to find a solution but this wasn't even half of it.

Gallery needs to take individual folders and create individual collections for them, just leave Camera photos in the "PHOTOS" tab.