phone restarting in pocket

1. majkel142 Cupcake Jul 5, 2017

majkel142, Jul 5, 2017 :
    I have the same problem with my 3T stock and it happens since the beginning. What I have noticed is that the phone restarts when I have it in my pocket and accidentaly press that pocket a bit somewhere near the power button (when holding or leaning to something).

Then, after five seconds the soft reboot comes along with a short vibration.

What would be useful from the OnePlus to implement, is to disable the soft reboot while the proximity sensor is covered, or better yet, to press the volume up + power, to execute it.

2. F_Nikhil_Gore_HnPk Cupcake Jul 5, 2017

3. iliesaya Cupcake Jul 26, 2017

4. Moonshot Cupcake Aug 12, 2017

Moonshot, Aug 12, 2017 :
    Same issue here. This is a constant and recurring problem. The power button is too sensitive and gets pushed and held too easily that the phone restarts. Extremely annoying and I will consider switching to a different Android device

5. Cor306 Cupcake Aug 13, 2017

Cor306, Aug 13, 2017 :
    I flipped my 3T to where the volume rocker is toward the center of my body, that way I don't lean on the power button while sitting in the thinking position.
    As for random reboots of Android 7.0.0, this was fixed on my phone with 7.0.1. Currently I'm on 7.1.1 and OOS 4.1.6, with no issues.