1. G_Nikhil_Kanotra_cZcp Eclair Dec 23, 2016

vishalsangave likes this.
  2. runboy93 Jelly Bean Dec 23, 2016

3. kingkapa Donut Dec 23, 2016

4. G_Nikhil_Kanotra_cZcp Eclair Dec 23, 2016

5. atulkhadke Cupcake Dec 23, 2016

6. Tokolozi Marshmallow Dec 23, 2016

Tokolozi, Dec 23, 2016 :
    Might be blatantly obvious question that some forget, do you wear tight pants?

If so it might be better to get a case that shields the power button a bit.

sri317 likes this.
  7. G_Nikhil_Kanotra_cZcp Eclair Dec 23, 2016

8. robinevers Honeycomb Dec 23, 2016

9. error123404 Honeycomb Dec 23, 2016

10. G_Carlos_Fálder_liCO Eclair Dec 26, 2016

G_Carlos_Fálder_liCO, Dec 26, 2016 :
    Hi all.

I am in the same situation and think it happens due to pocket mode bug.

If you maintain power button (right side) pressed with pocket mode on and covered proximity sensor, device will be rebooted.

I am checking in OP3 running 3.2.8.

Could you check this in OP3T?

Regards.

abid_uk likes this.
  11. abid_uk Cupcake Dec 27, 2016

abid_uk, Dec 27, 2016 :
    Yes I have the same problem, I have a OnePlus 3T with latest software Oxygen 3.5.4

It powers off or restarts when in pocket sometimes once a day or more often. I have concluded it's when the power button is pressed for long. Doesn't matter if it's pocket mode or not.

Please don't expect anyone to fix this issue with a case, or asking us to not carry our phones in our pockets. My jeans are loose and i have always carried phones in my pocket.

I contacted chat support today and got the response don't put in pocket! So where do I carry it on my head?

It's an easy fix for OnePlus, just don't allow long press on power button when screen is locked.

The cause of the problem is due to 2 issues. Firstly allowing long press on power button when screen is locked. Secondly a design flaw with a sensitive or non flush power button.

I'm sure others have had this problem.

I'm thinking of returning my phone due to this issue. Other potential customers need to be aware of this so I may make a YouTube problems video if it's not resolved very quickly.

I paid for a phone that should at least stay on and not switch off.:mad:

12. abedauhajre Cupcake Jan 16, 2017

abedauhajre, Jan 16, 2017 :
    Mine is restarting in pocket and out of pocket. Tje today it got stock in a screen with Chinese characters and then rebooted.

Kirakichi likes this.
  13. Kirakichi Jelly Bean Jan 16, 2017

Kirakichi, Jan 16, 2017 :
    That is recovery mode that it pressed on language menu to chinese (there is also english mode of that screen).

First thing you should check is, boot your phone, and very gently press on volume rockers, is it too loose so it clicks right away? how about power button? do they work once you hear a "click" sound from them?

Also, try pressing slightly more pressure on volume rocker from top to down gently while holding in the key, and go slowly downwards.

Same with power button, do this a couple times and try to see if it happens again.

I am almost certain it misclicks to powerbutton and volume button, because that Recovery mode (chinese screen) you mentioned, can be opened up ONLY if you click to the volume button down or up (not sure which it was) and power button along with it.

Try experiment your buttons, and see if you can suspect from anything and post it to here to let us know how it went.

14. vishalsangave Cupcake Jan 17, 2017

vishalsangave, Jan 17, 2017 :
    Yes it's restarting even pocket mode is on, this should be fixed by one plus.
    Phone knows it's in pocket by proximity sensor so it's should avoid the long press of power button if that's the case of restart.

15. Jay_Chowdary_PLCc Eclair Jan 17, 2017

16. GopikrisMenon Cupcake Jan 17, 2017

17. danverbruggen Eclair Jan 30, 2017

danverbruggen, Jan 30, 2017 :
    I experience the same, especially since Nougat. now on 4.0.2.
    I discovered it is more likely to have rebooted when it is in pocket. Then you have to enter the pattern again, so that's how I noticed. Sometimes it freezes and resets when i'm using it. I tried tweaking with the pocket mode, ambient and so on, but so far no acceptable difference. Hard factory reset didn't do that yet because I read it's not a real solution either...

18. Komati Reddy Cupcake Feb 10, 2017

19. G_Wassilia_PL_TogS Cupcake Jul 5, 2017

G_Wassilia_PL_TogS, Jul 5, 2017 :
    I have the same problem, Oneplus 3T here. Today 2 times, yesterday 1 time. I have this phone from about 2 weeks. From 2 days on OMNI. Stock had the same problem. Changed for OMNI after battery drain from mediaserver.

20. andrisptra Cupcake Jul 5, 2017

andrisptra, Jul 5, 2017 :
    it's because Pocket mode feature. Reset your phone, and disable that feature. Works on me. DWYOR