Petition & workarounds to get old vibration mode back

1. aris42 Gingerbread Jan 9, 2017

aris42, Jan 9, 2017 :
    OP changed the vibration settings in OxygenOs 3.5.x, now it's not possible to set the vibration while in Ring mode (alert slider down). Many users find this very annoying and would want the old settings back.

PETITION
    Here's a petition to ask OP to put back the vibration mode with volume keys
    https://www.change.org/p/oneplus-br...iour-for-vibration-in-oneplus-2-and-oneplus-3
    Share it around you and on facebook / twitter

BUG REPORT
    Please upvote this bug report :
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/cannot-turn-volume-all-the-way-down-to-0-for-vibrate.480615/
    EDIT : The bug report is closed.

WORKAROUNDS

• With some external apps
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seveilith.alertslider&hl=en
    I managed to have : TOP : Silent, BOTTOM : Vibration only (doesn't work for middle position)

OR

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...n-ring-without-using-the-alert-slider.486352/ (not tested)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017

grandmoto, alserio, Iidewij and 44 others like this.
  2. AppleSorbet Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

AppleSorbet, Jan 9, 2017 :
    i personally like it the way it is now but understand there are others out there who want the old style back.

Best thing oneplus can do is create the settings for people to choose how they want it to be. isn't that what Android is all about

3. nierraj Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

nierraj, Jan 9, 2017 :
    It is possible to enable and disble vibration in Ring mode in OxygenOS 3.5.6
    1483986634387.jpg

4. F_Lalit_Dharmani_enRf Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

5. aris42 Gingerbread Jan 9, 2017

aris42, Jan 9, 2017 :
    @nierraj it's possible, but the old settings were much more easy to manage (no need to go in settings to switch between vibration / silence)

Nerdis, Ravi BINAVAT and nierraj like this.
  6. XavNotFound Froyo Jan 9, 2017

7. G_Guillaume_Prugniel_eJG Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

G_Guillaume_Prugniel_eJG, Jan 9, 2017 :
    That's quite annoying from my point of view, with the latest update either I have every notifications with noise, either only important notifications with noise, either nothing at all.
    I would like to get every notifications only with vibrations as I cannot annoy everybody in the open space with ringtones... Is there a way ?

8. Zullkree Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

9. aris42 Gingerbread Jan 9, 2017

10. msierach Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

msierach, Jan 9, 2017 :
    I also believe the old mode was better. It makes no sense that the phone obliges you to have a sound (even on minimum level, but not silent, this does not function in work environments, etc), and that I can not activate the vibration-only mode. This option must come back, please.

bojantomic and janguv like this.
  11. Crosswind Froyo Jan 9, 2017

Crosswind, Jan 9, 2017 :
    yeah that's crap mate. It's only for calls however this doesn't let us disable notification sounds!

right now the only thing you can do is: go into the alert slider settings and activate vibration in silent mode. this will change your silent mode to the 'old' vibration mode. to then mute notifications again you have to uncheck the vibration option. pretty annoying but works

12. aris42 Gingerbread Jan 9, 2017

13. SoniaB Marshmallow Moderator Jan 9, 2017

SoniaB, Jan 9, 2017 :
    @aris42 just a suggestion. Perhaps add a simple poll to your thread?
    I don't think a change.org petition will do much here.
    But if you added a poll to your thread where people can select a simple yes or no option, then it can be given as feedback to admins.

I personally agree, it's a silly "feature" and an unnecessary change

14. Ceasedd Marshmallow Jan 9, 2017

Ceasedd, Jan 9, 2017 :
    I should make a petition also.:rolleyes:Save the vibrators!
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/my-vibrator-isnt-working-after-nougat.485502/#post-15574275

ariblaze, sfomin and SoniaB like this.
  15. Hamburgerfc Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

Hamburgerfc, Jan 9, 2017 :
    i agree, the slider settings changing is a nightmare. I always keep my phone on vibrate and then slide it up to silent when I need too. Now I have it in silent mode but with vibrate on because that's how I keep it; however, when I want to silent my phone I have to go into settings and switch off vibrate.

Crosswind likes this.
  16. G_Roman_Marchenko_ieZc Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

17. Crosswind Froyo Jan 9, 2017

Crosswind, Jan 9, 2017 :
    Exactly that. Their change doesn't make any sense. Just realizing that the volume slider is stuck at (I think) 14% and won't go down to 0 so it vibrates/doesn't ring would drive me nuts as a developer..

janguv likes this.
  18. pendy Gingerbread Jan 9, 2017

pendy, Jan 9, 2017 :
    You've seriously started a petition to bring back vibration mode, when there's still a vibration mode?

19. dragonAK Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

dragonAK, Jan 9, 2017 :
    I personally don't mind the way it is currently, it saves a good amount of battery life, also you can change this setting if you choose, and you can always just roll back your update, your petition is for not sir.

tadydrift likes this.
  20. dragonAK Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

dragonAK, Jan 9, 2017 :
    "as a developer" you mean as a "user" right?

Alariks likes this.