Permanently Enable "Efficiency" Setting Under Battery Options?

1. whodatboi Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2017

whodatboi, Feb 17, 2017 :
    Title says it all. Every time I charge my phone to 100% it automatically switches back to balance. I forget to switch it to efficiency sometimes so any fix is welcome.

1487358646216.jpg

that's the option I'm talking about.

and if this has already been answered please link me to it. I searched and found nothing. I'm running RR nougat.

G_sachin_shetty_xHoX likes this.
  2. whodatboi Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2017

3. camohan KitKat Moderator Feb 17, 2017

camohan, Feb 17, 2017 :
    Do you see any option which triggers the shift to Efficiency, similar to what we have when say the battery % goes below 15% and it goes into power-saver mode?
    Moreover, RR thread on XDA may be more appropriate place.

whodatboi likes this.
  4. whodatboi Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2017

only what's in the screenshot is what I have.

I know RR on XDA is a better place but figured I'd ask here first seeing that OOS is feature-limited so someone may know an app to do it that I don't. I couldn't find anything on the app store.

5. Salt505 Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 17, 2017

Salt505, Feb 17, 2017 :
    How is Resurrection Remix?

whodatboi likes this.
  6. whodatboi Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2017

it's great. it really is.

I'm on a super old version because I'm too lazy to flash the official one with the updates but it's great. I have great SOT and idle time with greenify and battery efficiency. 14 hours SOT once with 24hrs idle time. but on a typical day (I have constant Bluetooth earbuds and NFC as well as VPN which take up a good chunk of battery) it's around 4-5 hours SOT and 11-13 hours idle time. customization options are very widespread. there is so many that it might get overwhelming for some. the OS it self is very light taking up only 1.29 GB of space and everything just 'works' which is enough for me.

they deprecated dark mode and replaced it with substratum support. I use S.I.X theme with it. makes the AMOLED pop. especially on the white OP3.

I recommend you try it. it's based on lineage OS so it's close to stock.

Salt505 likes this.
  7. ElectronicWizard Cupcake Feb 18, 2017

ElectronicWizard, Feb 18, 2017 :
    Not sure about RR N, but I run RR M (Gotta have Xposed) and that would be a ROM issue/bug. Report it on RR's bug tracker.

RR M only switches back to Balanced if Battery Saver is enabled. Fully charging it doesn't change the setting.

whodatboi likes this.
  8. parth_prajapati_ Froyo Feb 18, 2017

whodatboi likes this.
  9. whodatboi Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2017

whodatboi, Feb 18, 2017 :
    resurrection remix Nougat

10. whodatboi Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2017

thank you for that information. I will report it if it still exists in the current update.

yeah it's hard not having Xposed. no YouTube mods and Snapchat =(

11. ashwin.243 Honeycomb Feb 18, 2017

ashwin.243, Feb 18, 2017 :
    Hey, please UNINSTALL ALL THE BATTERY SAVER APPS. They just ruin the battery life instead of saving it. Don't mix up Android system battery saver and third party battery savers. Uninstall all the third party battery saver apps and you will get a better battery life for sure

12. whodatboi Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2017

I use HEBF and greenify. I'm not going to uninstall them because they actually work.

I'm not a huge fan of battery savers either but HEBF controls the CPU clock depending on what setting I put it on as well as Google play service when the phone is off. greenify puts apps into hibernation when I lock the phone. it minimizes the amount of time FB spends refreshing itself in the background

13. ashwin.243 Honeycomb Feb 18, 2017

Bro do one thing. Uninstall both these apps and then try using the phone. You will not face any difference. You have been using these apps since you have started using Android and I can guarantee you that you have never tried your phone without these apps. To control your cpu, HEBF always stays on in background and use a lot of juice to manage the system.

Google introduced doze mode in Android Marshmallow which limits all the processes only when the phone is not used much for example your sleeping hours.

I don't recommend greenify as many important notifications are missed out because it force stops the apps and stops their notifications as well. OnePlus introduced deep clean mode in Marshmallow and Nougat as well. If you have Marshmallow then you can find a seperate cleaner icon in the recents menu. If you are on Nougat then open settings, then advanced, after that open recent apps clear section and select deep clear mode from that, so when you close an app from recents menu, it is straightaway hibernated (force stopped) but push notifications are slightly allowed (only in cases of popular well coded apps like Gmail, Microsoft Team and WhatsApp) so an app like greenify does not have to be run in background to continuously hibernate apps.

Both these apps run in background and eat your battery to regularly perform tasks which are so called battery saver tasks.

Please uninstall all these battery savers and cpu limiter apps and use Android Doze and deep recents cleaner which is integrated in oxygen os. You will ACTUALLY HAVE A BETTER BATTERY LIFE

14. whodatboi Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2017

actually I installed these apps because I was having high FB drain issues. greenify is only for FB and Instagram.

HEBF I'll admit doesn't do too much good but I have seen improvements. I use it for calibration mostly

15. ashwin.243 Honeycomb Feb 18, 2017

Try Uninstalling Greenify and start using deep clear mode by OnePlus. To prevent FB from running in background you run another app in background which regularly closes FB. so this cannot be considered as a solution to your problem. I also use deep clean mode and I have faced a lot of improvement by using it. Apps like ES File Explorer eat up lot of battery as it regularly scans my storage for newly created files and newly installed apps but I need es as it is perfect for my network drive. so deep clear mode quits es in such a way that it DOES NOT RUN AT ALL IN THE BACKGROUND untill I open it again for a file transfer.

16. whodatboi Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2017

I'm on a ROM anyways. Deep clean closes all apps. I just want FB and Instagram.

greenify isn't even in my list of apps taking battery.

I don't have battery life issues. I get decent SOT and idle time after enabling efficiency

View attachment 498829

View attachment 498828