OxygenOS 4.5.0 (7.1.1) OTA for the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. Bonvik Donut Oct 11, 2017

Bonvik, Oct 11, 2017 :
    For battery drainage issues what have you done so far?? I guess nothing. So many people have posted the things to be done when facing this kind of battery related issues. Just go through them first.
    If you can't help yourself out then nobody can.

G_Brian_Wilmot_kTDj likes this.
  2. Vaibhav Bhragava KitKat Oct 11, 2017

Vaibhav Bhragava, Oct 11, 2017 :
    No OS is designed that way, but sometimes updates can go haywire (for eg. certain previously disabled options are turned on automatically, or certain services are not going to doze - which normally do), so I consider it to be a first-aid of solutions.

3. liam_davenport Gingerbread Oct 11, 2017

liam_davenport, Oct 11, 2017 :
    Solution to most software related problems is to factory reset or reflash the full zip. Clearing cache is going to give you a bad time. Cache is there for a reason to help improve loading times etc as well as storing temp data for to OS to use at anytime.

4. Vaibhav Bhragava KitKat Oct 11, 2017

Vaibhav Bhragava, Oct 11, 2017 :
    Don't worry caches can be built up fast (as you start using apps and services)

Bobbie63 and Sun90 like this.
  5. hasanrocks Cupcake Oct 11, 2017

hasanrocks, Oct 11, 2017 :
    My Clock App (Alarms Don't ring) and ambient Display (Wrong timezone shown) are messed up after the latest beta update have tried resetting the phone multiple times and removing alarms and adding new ones.
    If anyone knows how to fix please help!

6. Bonvik Donut Oct 11, 2017

Bonvik, Oct 11, 2017 :
    Post your queries on the Beta thread. Maybe you can find the solution there.

Vaibhav Bhragava and Bobbie63 like this.
  7. G_Animesh_Sarker_TgHK Cupcake Oct 11, 2017

8. PTuT Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 11, 2017

PTuT, Oct 11, 2017 :
    Did you try to manually update the system update application?

Vaibhav Bhragava likes this.
  9. grssvinay Cupcake Oct 11, 2017

grssvinay, Oct 11, 2017 :
    Change the boot animation and folder style to stock look. Because Oneplus is also noted for providing stock feel and smooth with less customizations. Don't make customers feel bad. I collected opinions about boot animation only few liked it, mostly didn't like it. And folder style just making me to feel like some cheap branded phones. Full screen folder view is not that appreciable.

10. Hashem Bin Kashem Cupcake Oct 11, 2017

Hashem Bin Kashem, Oct 11, 2017 :
    I am loving the latest update, specially the lift up display. However, it would've been the update to nail the OP3/3T if there was an option included to keep the capacitive button lights lit when the display is on. I do not think those lights are power hungry, so it should not affect battery life as well.

11. F_Ziggy_Parsons_TxHX Cupcake Oct 11, 2017

12. PTuT Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 11, 2017

PTuT, Oct 11, 2017 :
    Try both and make your own decision. There is always some trade-off ... number of features vs stability. Some will go with the beta and others with 4.5.0.

13. F_Ziggy_Parsons_TxHX Cupcake Oct 11, 2017

F_Ziggy_Parsons_TxHX, Oct 11, 2017 :
    Well I have tried both and neither are fixing my mic issues and I don't believe it's hardware as a few people are having the same issue

14. Brian OBrien Froyo Oct 11, 2017

Brian OBrien, Oct 11, 2017 :
    Glad you like it. Lift up display is entirely useless to me. I've disabled it. Proximity wake was useful to me but it was removed without even the courtesy of a mention in the changelog.

from_a_distance likes this.
  15. PTuT Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 11, 2017

PTuT, Oct 11, 2017 :
    Did you try clearing the cache? Or boot in safe mode to see if the problem persist?

16. AlcaloideDoErgot Eclair Oct 12, 2017

AlcaloideDoErgot, Oct 12, 2017 :
    I can confirm that GPS is back to normal. I was having problems, like others, since 4.1.7, but after updating to 4.5.0, days have passed and now it is working like it should.
    Other than that, loving this update. No worries so far.

kpoyser and fdroko like this.
  17. rahilk5110 Donut Oct 12, 2017

rahilk5110, Oct 12, 2017 :
    Bluetooth switches on automatically while turning off the airplane mode. Battery management in OS is bad when compared to the previous update.

18. fdroko Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2017

fdroko, Oct 12, 2017 :
    is specified in the changelog and was deleted for consuming battery and activated in the pocket :rolleyes:

19. Ankitbhat12345 Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2017

20. fdroko Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2017

fdroko, Oct 12, 2017 :

Are you going to go through all the forums commenting on your stupidity?

sell your phone or throw it .... and you stop annoying the others and oneplus that you care little and nothing what you say :p

Bonvik likes this.