OxygenOS 4.0.3 (N) OTA for OnePlus 3

1. Sun90 Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2017

Sun90, Feb 17, 2017 :
    Yes, A ton of work which no cupcake relish.

cmitchellshaw, zoran81, xcrm and 2 others like this.
  2. xcrm Honeycomb Feb 17, 2017

xcrm, Feb 17, 2017 :
    Yes, searching your reading glasses!

3. ironass Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 17, 2017

ironass, Feb 17, 2017 :
    OK... I had a 50/50 chance when I guessed Jio. I believe that AirTel also uses 4G for calling as well and am wondering if this is what is causing your constant interruptions with downloads. Are you able to download OK on Wi-Fi?

VinayML and Sun90 like this.
  4. Sun90 Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2017

Sun90, Feb 17, 2017 :
    Airtel / Vodafone / idea etc all use either 3G or 2G for calling.
    And 4G for Data only.
    Since due to jio ( free usage of data as of now and voice call free for life) every other network providers are wooing customers with lucrative package, but they are seldom doing any good to upgrade there service.
    Hence people are affected by one way or other for now in India.

ironass likes this.
  5. Sushi Majesty Cupcake Feb 17, 2017

Sushi Majesty, Feb 17, 2017 :
    Dear Tony,

The new update is a disaster for me many other people who have updated their phone to the latest Oxygen OS 4.0.3, since the update I charge my phone 3ice a day, that's insane the phone runs always warm throughout the day between 42 to 45 degrees which is annoying when you have to answer a call you feel the heat which makes it uncomfortable taking calls, the wifi issue just got worse for those who never had the issue earlier for which this version of the update brings the fix, rather while playing music on wifi I noticed the phone loses signals when left idle for periods. I've noticed some sort of smaller issues when using the camera and low ISO in manual mode. The worst issue I guess is the heating up of the phone and the battery drain with the phone running on super doze mode as well in the matter of an hour I lose about 35% of battery, so, if I did take my phone after it was fully charged at 9am by 12noon the same day my battery juice would be 40% which is bloody annoying.

Sheesh, I noticed that my phone screen too blackouts when I receive a call, and take my phone from my pocket, I'm not sure why it happens but, I need to click the power button to turn off the screen and wake the screen on to see who is calling, this is just with my phone atleast I have see or taken the time out to read other people's issue since the update.

I need to unlock my device now, to flash it and run cyanogen mod 13.1 so that I can work normally, I'm a heavy user but I the battery drain without using the phone is ridiculous bug. Please come with a better update which rectifies these issues at the earliest. I loved the phone until this issue started.

G_Henk_de_Vries_powC likes this.
  6. G_vikram_ag_JADG Froyo Feb 17, 2017

G_vikram_ag_JADG, Feb 17, 2017 :
    I factory reseted all fine now!

7. Alpha Mike Foxtrot KitKat Feb 17, 2017

Alpha Mike Foxtrot, Feb 17, 2017 :
    Firstly, you should speak for yourself. Please don't drag in other people along with you.

It's quite easy to complain, but what you done on your part?
    Have you tried clearing the phone cache?
    Resetting the phone?
    Talking to a OP Customer Care?

8. Sun90 Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2017

Sun90, Feb 17, 2017 :
    It's easy to write prose and poetry chiding OP.
    Than doing the basics IMHO.

cmitchellshaw, ghostofcain and xcrm like this.
  9. G_Anshul_Dubey_bnXb Cupcake Feb 17, 2017

10. ironass Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 17, 2017

ironass, Feb 17, 2017 :
    Thanks for that Sun90! As always, very informative. :)

I see on these forums, an inordinate amount of problems regarding the Jio Reliance network and now, other Indian networks. There appears to be issues that are peculiar to these networks and which affect all phones and not just the OnePlus 3/3T.

I have been researching, as far as possible, and it seems that Jio is an MVNO that launched last year, September I think, to a great fanfare and took India by storm by offering only 4G/LTE on its partner networks and the inducement of free calls, data and texts. This means that unlike the rest of the world that can use 2G/3G for calls/texts and 4G/LTE for data, the Jio network is restricted to 4G/LTE only for calls, texts and data with no fall back to 2G & 3G that most networks offer, worldwide. I now see reports that their download speed at launch of around 50+ Mbps has now dropped to around a tenth of that. Also, to compete, other networks such as AirTel, Vodafone, etc; are now offering similar packages to Jio.

So, I suppose my question is this... given the large number of issues for Indian users when compared with the other 195 countries worldwide, is it the fault of OnePlus and other cellphone manufacturers, Google or is it down to the Indian carriers, Jio in particular?

(Apologies if anyone considers this, "Off Topic", but I am attempting to understand the deluge of posts from Indian users and Jio, in the main.)

cmitchellshaw, Bobbie63 and xcrm like this.
  11. Alpha Mike Foxtrot KitKat Feb 17, 2017

Alpha Mike Foxtrot, Feb 17, 2017 :
    Long press on the Google bar, and drag it to the top. That should remove it.

Sun90 and xcrm like this.
  12. F_Buddhabhushan_Sangole_ Cupcake Feb 17, 2017

13. xcrm Honeycomb Feb 17, 2017

xcrm, Feb 17, 2017 :
    User Playstore tot download an app for scanning QR code.

Sun90 likes this.
  14. zoran81 Honeycomb Feb 17, 2017

zoran81, Feb 17, 2017 :
    Update

xcrm and ironass like this.
  15. Sun90 Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2017

Sun90, Feb 17, 2017 :
    This idiotricz by these indian service providers who are fighting like street dogs with one on other has put the Indian consumers into lot of trouble as well as the cell phone manufacturers who are in a very confused state as what's going to be next from them.
    Well as far as jio goes , yes it's the new player who has brought a revolution as well as turmoil in this indian network industry for now.
    Though people have benefited initially by its free for all offer( with high speed internet not seen by us), again as they (jio) garnered more user base ( at the cost of its competitors) the quality of service got deteriorated as they are trying to restrict usage by not upgrading service.
    So to some extent jio is a contributor for these issue faced by us for now.
    So IMHO , even though the cell manufacturers are in no way concerned with this, yet they are also brickbated in the melle for now.

Edit- I do sincerely apologize to the mods for this OT.

ghostofcain and ironass like this.
  16. AcmE85 Honeycomb Feb 17, 2017

AcmE85, Feb 17, 2017 :
    There is always a reason for battery drain.
    It is hard to help without further information.
    The easiest way to gain more info would be with wakelock detector.
    There is also a non-root version
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.noroot&hl=en

If you don't have root, follow the given steps and monitor your battery with it after a full charge + reboot. Afterwards you can post the needed info here with screenshots:

* Display-WakeLock
    * CPU-WakeLock
    * WakeUp-Trigger
    * Kernel-WakeLock

Additionally post a screenshot taken from the battery detail view.
    Go to settings - battery - tap on the graphic

I did not have any issues at all since updating to Nougat. That was back on Beta 8 (first N Beta). I used every single beta build and did a direct update from Beta 11 to stable 4.0.3 a couple days ago. No issues at all on my end.
    I have all additional "battery-saving options" disabled on my device and don't use any other "optimization" tools.

Sun90 and noquarter like this.
  17. double_l_eo Eclair Feb 17, 2017

double_l_eo, Feb 17, 2017 :
    *you're[e]1f61c[/e]
    But why did the battery backup on marshmallow was so good... with the same apps ?

18. Sun90 Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2017

Sun90, Feb 17, 2017 :
    May be the app developers had it optimised for MM.

ghostofcain and double_l_eo like this.
  19. double_l_eo Eclair Feb 17, 2017

double_l_eo, Feb 17, 2017 :
    Yes,
    Entered into recovery mode -> English -> Wipe data and Cache -> Wipe Cahe -> Yes -> Reboot.

was that the right way ?

20. cmitchellshaw Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 17, 2017

cmitchellshaw, Feb 17, 2017 :
    there is no issue to fix. if you will start at the beginning of this thread and read the posts, you will see that this "problem" is related to an improper method of updating from Android 6.0 to 7.0. the solution (which has been posted many times) is as follows:

boot into recovery. wipe the cache. this will not delete any of your data. reboot. give your phone at least two full charge cycles to settle.

if that doesn't fix it for you, do a complete backup of everything on your phone that you care about and reboot into recovery. wipe EVERYTHING. reboot. set your phone up the way you like it. put your data back on your phone. reinstall all your apps. give it at least two full charge cycles.

enjoy battery life like mine:

View attachment 498399

View attachment 498398

Bobbie63, xcrm and Sun90 like this.