OxygenOS 3.0 Q&A with Helen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niadh Eclair Jun 9, 2016

niadh, Jun 9, 2016 :
    Hi @Helen Many thanks for the continued work on this device.
    I have noticed with my fingerprint scanner, since I got the phone in January, & continuing through to the 3.0.2 build, that it only unlocks the device if it locked whilst in an app. So if I'm on my home screen & try unlock it I have to put in my pin. I'm curious if this is a bug that has been noticed by OnePlus (or any other users)?
    Wiping & reflashing does not solve this issue.

2. obakesan Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2016

obakesan, Jun 9, 2016 :
    Did update last night and just tested seems ok for me. Hope you fix yours.

Diegokafati likes this.
  3. Dan 1+2 Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

Dan 1+2, Jun 9, 2016 :
    Update failed massively, got red dot with the two white. So Q&A what do I do????

4. rohit.agwal Eclair Jun 9, 2016

rohit.agwal, Jun 9, 2016 :
    Not working for me either. have moved sliders, rebooted phone - nothing is working

5. Helen Honeycomb Jun 9, 2016

Helen, Jun 9, 2016 :
    We are working on a lot of customization features for OxygenOS but our product approach is a bit different.

6. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Jun 9, 2016

dsmonteiro, Jun 9, 2016 :
    Just remembered another question, @Helen:

For previous devices (at least the OnePlus One and OnePlus 2) OnePlus promised updates for 24 months. Will this be applicable to the OnePlus 3? What about security updates, will they still be provided after these 24 months?

IlCieco, Vinkel and otto2 like this.
  7. Helen Honeycomb Jun 9, 2016

Helen, Jun 9, 2016 :
    I'll have one of our testers, @Teja Naga Bharan, private message you and help you out :)

maestrorafi, Mr. BG, otto2 and 3 others like this.
  8. Extreme_0ne Eclair Jun 9, 2016

Extreme_0ne, Jun 9, 2016 :
    Can you please explain the issue people (me included) are facing with their ringer.

After a reboot the ringer is silent (even though it's not been silenced) and the phone will not even vibrate on an incoming call.

If I cycle the notification slider the problem goes away.

Is this likely to be patched any time soon?
    Why wasn't it flagged and fixed whilst the ROM was being tested?

9. dibyojyoti Gingerbread Jun 9, 2016

Satej21 likes this.
  10. subypathrose Eclair Jun 9, 2016

subypathrose, Jun 9, 2016 :
    @Helen I updated to OxygenOS version 3.0.2 on OP2. I regret to say my contact list is on a constant "Contact list is being updated" mode. Never ending. i cant even see my contacts which are saved on the Phone and not on the Google account, which doesnt need to be synced in my opinion. Need urgent help, as the phone basic option is making calls and having an address book, and this update fails to do that.

11. bestlands KitKat Jun 9, 2016

bestlands, Jun 9, 2016 :
    I had the exact same thing, it might start working in a couple days randomly, but as far as i know their is not solution that i currently found, for me it took about a week for it to work again. Hope that helps

F_Nazmush_Shakib_kqks likes this.
  12. IvanMuse Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2016

IvanMuse, Jun 9, 2016 :
    Are you working on fixing the current bugs In 3.0.2?
    Like unresponsive gestures, etc.
    They're not serious or anything but can be annoying

Tobikage likes this.
  13. deppchef666 Gingerbread Jun 9, 2016

deppchef666, Jun 9, 2016 :
    If you turn off your phone with the Power Button the Fingerprint should work. If you turn off your phone with Double Tap to Wake (dt2w) you must use your Pin. Since this I don't use dt2w.

otto2 likes this.
  14. subypathrose Eclair Jun 9, 2016

subypathrose, Jun 9, 2016 :

deysdevaj and XMasterSlicerX like this.
  15. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 9, 2016

SoniaB, Jun 9, 2016 :
    This is the reason why I asked if there could be an official thread with guide on how to resolve bootloop issue @Helen

If moderators see any more bootloop posts, should we refer the users to Teja?

barb, milkdude, Nimesh. P and 5 others like this.
  16. rikardo1979 Lollipop Community Expert Jun 9, 2016

rikardo1979, Jun 9, 2016 :
    Any idea why popup message shows "Factory reset" when boot to recovery is selected?
    A bit odd bugg

volteon, otto2 and Sahilkum like this.
  17. Jerome Alex Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

Jerome Alex, Jun 9, 2016 :
    Will OPT receive more android n system updates in d future or will it be forgotten wen op3, 4....etc is released

18. Helen Honeycomb Jun 9, 2016

Helen, Jun 9, 2016 :
    We are still investigating and trying to understand the difference cases better but we'll have something up shortly. Apologies for the inconvenience.

19. Helen Honeycomb Jun 9, 2016

Helen, Jun 9, 2016 :
    OP2 will get the N update.

20. mukulagrawal Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

mukulagrawal, Jun 9, 2016 :
    i recently got the ota update, i had done the beta update befor but after the ota my phone is stuck on the oneplu logo screen not able to do anything tired formatting data but dint help. some else facing same issue pls help me out as not able to use my phone pls m really sacrd as i have not rooted nor dont anything that is not provided my one plus
    @Helen pls help plsss

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016