OxygenOS 3.0 Community Build Now Available for OnePlus 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helen Honeycomb Mar 30, 2016

Helen, Mar 30, 2016 :
    Hi all,

Yours truly here. We know you’ve been waiting im/patiently for Marshmallow. We hear you loud and clear!

Some of you know, soak testing for OxygenOS 3.0 (based on M) started a few weeks ago, and now we’re ready to share it with you. We still want to ask the community for help to make sure we work out any remaining kinks before we OTA the build officially.

What’s available today is a daily-driver-material community release of 3.0. If you’re the type who won't mind rolling up your sleeves a bit to get your Marshmallow on, this one’s for you. We’d like to ask for a little help with testing some aspects of the software that require a larger user base around the world. Here’s what we need your feedback on:
    • Network testing (how is this update working on your specific carrier, your specific region?)
    • Are you noticing improvements to the camera (both UI and picture quality)?
    • Performance and battery life - let us know how your phone runs.
    This build is OTA eligible which means you’ll receive future OTAs on this build so don’t worry about not getting updates if you flash this.

Here’s what’s new in this build:
    • Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade

• New OnePlus Camera UI
      • UI has been cleaned up: swiping up/down now switches between photo/video, whereas HD/HDR and flash settings live in the top right corner
      • You can now change the aspect ratio and toggle grid view without going all the way to the settings
    • New wallpaper picker
      • Easily preview and set both home screen and lock screen wallpaper in one place.
    • Shelf UX has been improved
      • No more edit mode, long press boards to rearrange or remove
    • General system performance improvements
      • Benchmarked 47% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on key test scenarios
    • Fingerprint performance improvement
      • Tested 45% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on average
    • Settings changes
      • Old app permissions are gone, say hi to new (native Android) app permissions.
      • Alert Slider has its own entry point with more customization options
      • Improved settings menu readability by changing the order a bit
    • March security patches

There are a few things we want you to be aware of:
    • Your fingerprints will not be preserved after you flash the new build, so you will need to re-register your fingerprints if you have fingerprint authentication set up
    • Maxxaudio tuner and presets will be removed
    • Rolling back to previous OxygenOS versions will not work without wiping data
    • Some soak testers have experienced wifi speed issues which we are investigating
    • Some of your old apps won’t work without an upgrade to M compatible versions
    • Shelf frequent apps board size might shrink if you are dirty flashing. Remove and re-add the board and it will fix itself
    • Language localization is still being improved

As always, please read the instructions on the downloads page carefully before flashing your device. Flashing may lead to loss of data and damaged hardware if not done properly. A few important things to note:

We only support dirty flashing of this build using Oxygen recovery.

Dirty flashing (that means flashing the update without wiping data or factory resetting first) requires OxygenOS 2.2.0 or higher.

Factory reset is needed if you are using any other recovery or coming from any other ROM. We do not guarantee these cases to work properly.

We ALWAYS recommend backing up all your important personal data before flashing.

Please visit the downloads page here:
    http://downloads.oneplus.net/2016-03-30/op2/OnePlus_2_OxygenOS_3.0_Beta/

We would like to thank you all for your patience, it's not always fair to ask for this, but please be confident that we are working very hard to get this done right.

We really appreciate your help and feedback. Use this thread to share your comments and suggestions.

Never Settle

2. Wahoux KitKat Mar 30, 2016

Last edited: May 28, 2016

3. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Mar 30, 2016

Naman Bhalla, Mar 30, 2016 :
    Thanks Helen !!!
    I will be editing this post with various other important Info I feel users should keep in mind, after, obviously, I am done flashing. :D

[EDIT1] Download started
    [EDIT2] Download done... Woohooo 4g is fast
    [EDIT3] Guys.. This has the same bootloader as H2OS Marshmallow. So, please TWRP users flash the way I mentioned on my Mega Unbrick guide for a hard bricked oneplus 2. Else you won't be able to boot into old twrp.
    Credit for recovery goes to @Yash98

[EDIT4] Holy moly.. It has 1April Security Level !!! @Helen Might be better changing it ;)
    [EDIT5] Normal SuperSU not working :( Finally able to use SuperSU from @Yash98 thread. Extracted it, it is here :- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24459283995297946
    It will bootloop for one though. But it works.

[EDIT6] Yes.Xposed works perfectly. v80sdk23 arm64 has to be used !!

[EDIT7] Navigation Bar layers like Navigate work

[EDIT8] I made a better Installation Instructions guide :- https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...qs-oxygenos-3-0-0.439108/page-2#post-14678907

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016

jj_3j, M4ENY, es82mod and 98 others like this.
  4. NisseCool Honeycomb Mar 30, 2016

jackill, jahlil2nyc, pgidia and 2 others like this.
  5. marcyeo Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 30, 2016

marcyeo, Mar 30, 2016 :
    Hahaha.. Oxygen os latest build drained my battery life.. U all will hear that soon

6. jpswer Jelly Bean Mar 30, 2016

jpswer, Mar 30, 2016 :
    Wooooooo! Oxygen with added Marshmallows :)

EDIT: Downloaded and I'm gonna dirty flash...wish me luck!!!
    EDIT2: Optimising Apps...how I won't miss this on N
    EDIT3: Decided to wipe data because of some issues I ended up with from some modifications I had before. No bugs thus far other than the message "Factory data reset" when rebooting to recovery via advanced reboot menu. FPS is faster and more accurate. I'll update with more impressions. PS huge thanks to @Naman Bhalla for your help.

EDIT4: One more minor bug. Selecting a custom mp3 alarm causes it to be listed as "Unknown" and it's not played, the default tone is played.

EDIT5: Solved the Alarm bug. Go to Settings -> Apps -> Clock -> Permissions -> and enable Storage

EDIT6: Now I've spent some time with the ROM I'll answer the questions @Helen put to us
    • Network testing (how is this update working on your specific carrier, your specific region?)
    Regarding network everything is working well, 4G speeds are good as is signal strength. UK, O2, LTE Band 20
    • Are you noticing improvements to the camera (both UI and picture quality)?
    UI I broadly think is an improvement, l it should be clearer the difference between 4:3, 16:9 and 1:1 as in terms of Megapixels (13MP, 8.3MP, 9.7MP). I haven't seen any obvious improvement in picture quality.
    • Performance and battery life - let us know how your phone runs.
    Performance seems improved but I haven't noticed any improvement in battery life. In fact there seems to be a more drain especially wifi scanning when not connected. I'll try turning off wifi and report any improvement.

To those having big issues with battery a clean flash (wiping data) should solve most of it. If any of you have root capability it might help if you download an app like "Wakelock detector" and see exactly whats happening at system level.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016

dege0, Sneakeyy, hennes and 13 others like this.
  7. Vinkel Jelly Bean Mar 30, 2016

Sneakeyy, Flyologist, script and 8 others like this.
  8. youbi Lollipop Senior Moderator Mar 30, 2016

youbi, Mar 30, 2016 :
    Great news :)

[​IMG]

I can't even imagine the hard work the Oxygen Os team as had to make this possible on the Q1 deadline. :) Thanks for all your efforts. :)

9. holzfeli Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 30, 2016

pgidia likes this.
  10. hkumar76 Eclair Mar 30, 2016

pgidia and camohan like this.
  11. Sr Vincenzo Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 30, 2016

12. butaixyz8016 Honeycomb Mar 30, 2016

Bindra, lolreppeatlol and pgidia like this.
  13. locxFIN KitKat Mar 30, 2016

locxFIN, Mar 30, 2016 :
    Finished installing and setting up, first impressions; man the fingerprint scanner is CRAZY fast! Seriously, you weren't lying, it's unlocked in almost half the speed! More impressions to come...

14. Jemish Froyo Mar 30, 2016

pgidia likes this.
  15. NisseCool Honeycomb Mar 30, 2016

16. B18CJDM Gingerbread Mar 30, 2016

17. inffy KitKat Senior Moderator Mar 30, 2016

18. faustoandrevdyo Gingerbread Mar 30, 2016

faustoandrevdyo, Mar 30, 2016 :
    Finally, thank you :D

DagoLaR and Dieselhans like this.
  19. SoniaB Marshmallow Moderator Mar 30, 2016

doug88, DJMoore, AzarKasXD and 20 others like this.
  20. Bubbymeister Gingerbread Mar 30, 2016